Best ORY pipe for LS1 daily driver?

BrendanB

Im still suggesting some good longtubes and ory, then e-cutout and stock catback. Loud as hell with the cutout open but still extremely quiet with it closed.

Although driving around with the cutout open, like i normally do, it causes a lot of vibration and is extremely loud. But hey, i like it loud.

EDIT: As far as the cutout goes, I have one on mine and on the dyno we couldn't really tell a difference capped vs. uncapped on the AeroChamber. I mean, all the runs were within a few HP anyway so capping it really didn't hurt performance as much as I expected.

Ive read on LS1tech that if you have a good catback you wont need a cutout. There's been people with only 1-2hp gains from the cutout once they have a nice aftermarket catback thats unrestricted. Although on the stock catback it does show significant gains.

My "open" side is completely open.. I'd love to cap it to see what it sounds like but I got the car with the exhaust already on it and they didn't have the other gaskets. I guess Borla wants faggot amounts of money for them so I'll probably just bolt in a metal plate or something.

I think I have one of the bottleneck gaskets but not the plate. I'm curious to see what it sounds like too, I'll probably just cut a peice of sheet metal and bolt her in there and see if it blows out.

I think I have one of the bottleneck gaskets but not the plate. I'm curious to see what it sounds like too, I'll probably just cut a peice of sheet metal and bolt her in there and see if it blows out.

I think I'll do that tonight actually. Think Lowe's sells something like that?

Ive read on LS1tech that if you have a good catback you wont need a cutout. There's been people with only 1-2hp gains from the cutout once they have a nice aftermarket catback thats unrestricted. Although on the stock catback it does show significant gains.

Yeah there is a cutout on my Magnflow, and I've dyno'd it open and closed without any measurable difference, maybe 1-2% fueling but its subtle. I always leave it closed at this point.

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned true duals with e-cutouts. Maybe that would be way beyond his budget? I haven't priced them in a long time, so I'm not sure. Just figured I'd throw that out there to see what your opinions are.

Right now I have stock manifolds, to an ORY, to a Borla catback with an open cutout. I leave the cap off all the time because Performance Characteristics. :lolguy:

I was flipping through an older Jegs book and found a BBK chrome headers with Y-pipe for $369.99 and a Flowmaster catback for $365.99. While I realize this may be about $150.00 more than you want to spend, but it's all new from the engine to the tail pipes. Just another option to look at. This book doesn't have the hooker cat back it. I feel the aero chamber is the better muffler to use. IMO.

I think I'll do that tonight actually. Think Lowe's sells something like that?

Yeah they should sell some kind of sheet metal or composite shit... I'm gonna fuck around with it this weekend if I do anything worth a fuck I'll post some pics.

I just remembered something. PM GTPLS1, he has a 98 T/A that has coated pacesetter headers w/ ORY and a LM1 he wants to trade for stock stuff. He's out of town right now but I may be able to get it all off for you. Plus i do have a set of coated yet rusty Pacesetter LT with the ORY (sold it to GTPLS1) that I would be happy to sell to you.

I want it lol