spotted Subaru BRZ

Gergwheel1647545492

The BRZ is smaller, ...the Genesis, and comes in at 500lbs less than the Turbo, and 600lbs less than the V6.

Something for people to keep in mind... he's might be really conservative with these numbers.

2012 Genesis 2.0T base & R-Spec (lightest per curb weight, from Edmunds) Curb Weight: 3294lbs

High end stated earlier in thread for BRZ: 2720lbs

That's 574lbs for those with a calculator.

The Genesis is going to be heavier all around in 2013

Compare the BRZ on the light end (speculated, rumors?) to the 2013 Genesis 2.0T (lightest spec): 742lbs heavier.

Curb weight on the V6 Genesis is 34xxlbs. I remember back when I bought my B5 S4 in late 2003 it was considered 'a heavy pig' for a 4 door... at 36xxlbs. Now there is a sports coupe that weighs 200lbs less than that and no one will bat an eye.

WTF has happened with vehicle weights/sizes? I guess they all have to get bigger to accommodate our collective fat asses.

I applaud Subaru/Toyota for making a machine with 1 purpose; to connect the driver to the car & driving experience via a light weight car that handles well while most cars are going the opposite way.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it today at Matt the Millers in Dublin around noon.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s28/d19sevent2/2012-03-04_12-35-00_969.jpg

Nice car. Nothing eye popping though. Needs new wheels and a better stance overall IMO.

• Confused 1

It's referred to as a FA20 when it's mounted under a Subaru badge.

The engine has a 12.5:1 compression ratio, so in stock trim it's not going to take to forced induction very well. But Subaru does have a turbocharged FA20, and TRD supposedly is working on a Supercharged version. So a low compression version is out there.

Now is it the next 4G63? No. The next EJ20? Probably not. The current FA block is an open deck. So a semi-closed version or a deck girdle will be needed for truly silly power. But on the bright side, it does have Toyota's D4S Direct/Port injection system, so fueling should be very tuneable.

But I think, ultimately, to get big power, you'll have to shoehorn an EJ25 in there like GReddy did for their 600hp drift GT-86.

Don't care. Gonna have normally aspirated fun when I get mine. :)

Id wager based on my prior open deck ej22 boosting that this new motor will hold 300whp if not more.

It's interesting how much this car evokes strong reactions..

Id wager based on my prior open deck ej22 boosting that this new motor will hold 300whp if not more.

I'll leave my BRZ N/A.. Maybe if there's a FI version a few years from now I'll go for more power. Hopefully it'll be supercharged...

It's interesting how much this car evokes strong reactions..

I'll leave my BRZ N/A.. Maybe if there's a FI version a few years from now I'll go for more power. Hopefully it'll be supercharged...

Yes, we're all praying for a supercharged BRZ.

Better spoiler:

http://www.ultimatecarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Toyota-FT86-by-TRD-2.jpg

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4189&d=1326471156

I may switch to this one.

Silly Spoiler (this from an STI owner too):

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Dino%20Dalle%20Carbonare/2011/NOV2011/T86-3/AY0F2834.jpg

Remove spoiler. Fill the fender vent. Lower car 1.5 to 2 inches. Red tail lights. Quality wheel such as te37 and it would look as good as it can.

I like having a spoiler/wing of some sort, but I will admit the BRZ/FR-S looks ok without. I will be looking into going to the TRD duckbill.

For the tails, I've considered wrapping the chrome sides and top with tint, but I'm not sure. All red is an option, but not a preferred one.

TE37s look great on most cars. I already have a set for the STi (won't bolt up to the BRZ). But I can't justify dropping 3K on rims and tires for a DD. Instead I'm going with an eye towards lightness and I'm considering the Enkei PF01.

Lowering will have to wait until I see what the spring options are. I'm interested to see what Vorshlag and RaceComp Engineering come up with.

First TRD spoiler pic is awesome, Draco. I think white looks REALLY good on that car!

Yeah, white can look pretty cool.

Nearly "Panda" from the factory:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5265&d=1330901404