I need a new bank..

Draco-REX

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been with chase for 16 years. I still call them Bank One from time to time.. Only 1 hiccup in that time and they made up for it later on. Online features are great. Only part I dont like is their window for deposits is late at night for me.

Been with Kemba for 3 years. Very personable, good auto rates, 0 issues. Customer service has been great for me.

PNC has always been good to me. I was originally with them when they were national city. They have good financing rates and are easy to work with. Their hours arent as long as they used to be but, they arent bad. Plus, they are everywhere.

I work for chase and most people that seem to have an issue with chase are the ones who bring it upon themselves, but that goes with any bank. Most of the time chase will work with you on a lot just have to ask ;) and be polite coming from the Telephone banking side. I also have USAA for just my online account i use to buy things online, they are great and waive any fees you get at ATM's

I haven't had many problems with Chase. I don't use the branches at all, only bad experience I've had with them.

I use Kemba for a savings account, extremely impressed with the service.

Edited by Patrick

Had Chase for my checking since I was 17 and never had a single issue with them ever. I had to get my auto loan through a local credit union since Chase wouldn't approve it due to not being at my new job for long enough. I would love to support someone a little more local like a credit union, but having a good mobile app with the quick deposit feature is worth enough to me to keep my checking account with Chase.

I think if credit unions eventually catch up on the mobile/online side of the business, more people would start to switch. Unfortunately most credit unions will never have the money/people to make a mobile app that would rival anything from Chase or other national banks.

I think if credit unions eventually catch up on the mobile/online side of the business' date=' more people would start to switch. Unfortunately most credit unions will never have the money/people to make a mobile app that would rival anything from Chase or other national banks.[/quote']

Kemba has both a mobile app and site. Very barebones, but it works.

So, school me on the difference between a Bank and a Credit Union. Why would I choose one over the other?

I bank with chase. No real reason why or why not. They're convenient and dont really hassle me with stupid bs. Though last time i was auto loan shopping they told me they're not big into auto loans and that they were focusing their business on home loans (this is during the housing boom) and even they recommended i try a credit union. ffwd i used Telhio and they were awesome. gave me the lowest rate by far, super hassle free.

Other than that, i know credit unions are alot smaller and local compared to banks like chase and usbank etc... But ive already heard credit unions will have better/more competitive rates on loans too.

Been with chase for 5 or 6 years now. No real problems that i can think of. Tons of branches around and theres an ATM in every Speeway which are everywhere as well. Been thinking of switching to USAA though, just dont know how i feel about not having a branch to go to.

Kemba is absolutly awesome for local. All my primary banking is done with USAA and online only. Sounds like it would be hard to work with, but no issues ever and they take care of me everywhere. You no longer need to be a service member or related to one, to bank with USAA. PNC sucks, especially if you were with them as National City.

Run the front door away from chase...worked for them years ago and dam the banking side is a bunch of shady bastards ....

I bank with us bank and just recently opened a account with hungtington and so far been awesome. Thinking of switching full time there.

Also die in afire to 5/3 bastards lost a thousand dollars worth of deposits that took months for them to find

I work for 5/3, still banked with 5/3 when I worked at another bank, and I've always had great service.

That being said, I will second people's suggestions to look at USAA (if you or your parents/siblings had military experience), or a local credit union like Kemba, Telhio, etc...

That being said, I will second people's suggestions to look at USAA (if you or your parents/siblings had military experience), or a local credit union like Kemba, Telhio, etc...

USAA does not require any association with military to bank with them anymore.

Chase's mobile check deposit app would be really convenient... But I'm looking at getting an auto loan this year, and a house in the next couple years, so it sounds like Telhio might be the better choice.

Telhio's online banking... If I have both a Savings and a Checking account, can I access both online and freely transfer between them?

Chase's mobile check deposit app would be really convenient... But I'm looking at getting an auto loan this year, and a house in the next couple years, so it sounds like Telhio might be the better choice.

Telhio's online banking... If I have both a Savings and a Checking account, can I access both online and freely transfer between them?

Yes, and this is why I was thinking of moving full time to them. At least thats what they told me. Its also easy to pay directly out of your account for your auto loan as well. CS Bank's online system is not exactly full featured, its pretty much limited to checking balances and seeing where your money has gone.

And for the $2,000,000 elephant-in-the-room question: Does having personal accounts at 2 different banks impact your credit score negatively?

I'm sure closing my long standing accounts would, which is why I'm keeping the out of state ones. I just tipped the scales into "Excellent" credit and don't want to backslide.

And for the $2,000,000 elephant-in-the-room question: Does having personal accounts at 2 different banks impact your credit score negatively?

I'm sure closing my long standing accounts would, which is why I'm keeping the out of state ones. I just tipped the scales into "Excellent" credit and don't want to backslide.

Personal accounts shouldn't affect your credit score, only if the bank has to take action against you for Reg D violations or excessive overdrafts.

Lines of credit (CC, loans, mortgages) affect your credit score by how long they've been established - and how clean they are.

As Clay said, but also keep in mind, if you have over draft protection, it may show up as a line of credit. National City use to do this. You close the checking account, you lose the history. So in that aspect, it could reflect on your credit depending on it's strength or weakness.