Calling out all Auto-Xers

Cordell

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had what I would have believed to be my best run red flagged due to the MR2, das borgen was with me. Best run 43.9, best thrown away run was 43.5+1. I don't think I know anyone on here unless you were/are on COS or OBc.

1997 M3 White w/ Stickers 25 SMS

I'll hopefully have my pictures of Heat 2 up sometime tonight or tomorrow on the OVR site. Working photog was a lot of fun. I took over 1000 pics of the heat and edited down to ~500 for OVR hosting. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you ran 2nd and want larger res or some of the slop.

Edited by UTCiv

Alright folks, divulge your times and let the Angus peppering begin!!

My best was a 45.1, the new panhar bar really threw me off at 1st but I think I'm figuring it out, did find out my tire pressures were probably way off but oh well. They hadn't posted the times when I left but they should be online in a day or so.

I'm quite curious how I fared against the Veteran in Gods chariot?? The back half of the course was all miata/civic turns.

First of all, it is "God's Chariot". Plus, it's "Cagey Veteran". Note the punctuation and capitals. And get it right next time.

Secondly, I prefer the moniker "Uncle Rich" as part of my job as "Cagey Veteran" is to teach you youngsters a lesson now and then.

Next, the first half of the course was all RWD / AWD high HP stuff. You were probably in your braking zone while I was still pedaling through the slalom. The turns in the second half favored the smaller cars to an extent, but Civics and Miata's suffer due to no torque coming out of the slow turns. OTOH, it was an ideal course for the torquey mid-weight, RWD and AWD cars like Subaru STI's and BMW's They had advantage in the fast sections and the slow sections.

(Actually, I thought it was one of the more enjoyable and challenging courses we've had at Ackerman.)

My best was 42.6 and I was pretty happy with it. I think I could have caught Kale (BMWOHIO) with his 42.1 but it would have been a damn near perfect run.

REMINDER: Next event is on May 20 at the same site, and is a Driver's School and Points Event. Driver's School in the morning, and Points Event in the afternoon.

I had what I would have believed to be my best run red flagged due to the MR2, das borgen was with me. Best run 43.9, best thrown away run was 43.5+1. I don't think I know anyone on here unless you were/are on COS or OBF.

1997 M3 White w/ Stickers 25 SMS

I'll hopefully have my pictures of Heat 2 up sometime tonight or tomorrow on the OVR site. Working photog was a lot of fun. I took over 1000 pics of the heat and edited down to ~500 for OVR hosting. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you ran 2nd and want larger res or some of the slop.

I definitely know you. I am Eric's friend.

did anyone take pics for heat 1?

Yes, our 'resident' photographer, Bill took about 5000 shots (he's good) and he hosts them on his own site, and he likes to clean them up before he uploads. I will post here once they are up.

Here's a link to where they will probably be uploaded to--> http://incom-racing.com/images/gallery/gallery.html

did anyone take pics for heat 1?

A gentleman by the name of Bill Rockhold was taking pics of heats 1 and 2. He was out there with me for the first 2 runs of the 2nd heat. He said he has 2800 of the 1st heat.

Edit, what ^he said.

Yes, our 'resident' photographer, Bill took about 5000 shots (he's good) and he hosts them on his own site, and he likes to clean them up before he uploads. I will post here once they are up.

Here's a link to where they will probably be uploaded to--> http://incom-racing.com/images/gallery/gallery.html

....and right on cue, PE1 pics are up on his site ^^

Shots are still uploading...but why let people wait?

http://noraracing.net/wp-content/lg-gallery/2012/May%206%202012%20ASCC%20Points%20Event%203/ASCC%20Points%20Event%203%20Group%201/050612%20GRP1-91rz.JPG

http://noraracing.net/wp-content/lg-gallery/2012/May%206%202012%20ASCC%20Points%20Event%203/ASCC%20Points%20Event%203%20Group%201/050612%20GRP1-92rz.JPG

http://noraracing.net/wp-content/lg-gallery/2012/May%206%202012%20ASCC%20Points%20Event%203/ASCC%20Points%20Event%203%20Group%201/050612%20GRP1-93rz.JPG