Calling out all Auto-Xers

Cordell

So, how would you react to being spanked in a bone stock '99?

Maybe, I'll drive her Miata and show the "crew" how it's done?

Bring it on buddy, you can co-drive my car so there's no excuse when I'm faster.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It either will embarass you, OR give me excuses lol.

Look just because I can't heel toe worth a damn. You'd better come out, whether you get the MR2 worked out, or co-drive with Erica or me. Anyway maybe if we keep talking about how great it is we can get more people involved. I'm gonna be faster though.

I agree, I love the friendly, yet VERY competitive atmosphere we should have this year. I'm really excited. I will be driving something, I dunno if it will be the same car consistently, but I will be out.

Pretty excited that Erica got a Miata, we have discussed going to the BMC autox events, which should give us a good ball park on our driving locally.

I do want to run the shifter kart this year at least once.

I agree, I love the friendly, yet VERY competitive atmosphere we should have this year. I'm really excited. I will be driving something, I dunno if it will be the same car consistently, but I will be out.

I'm game to take you up on the shifter kart if you still want to talk your dad into letting us borrow it. That would be a blast.

People do need to realize that this is as easy to get into as drag racing, a couple simple rules and lots of fun with a car. I still can't beleive I didn't do it much sooner.

You should defenitly go to the BMC events, I plan on going to every one if possible. They put together a great event.

Serious question in the Kitchen, the first event is at National Trails, is that an Auto-X event or 1/4 mile fun? I've only driven past and most of the lots look like grass. Second, the 5/19 event says Lot Clean Up Day what does that mean?

Thanks.

I am really thinking of coming to watch as I've been wanting to try this for a while. Just sucks because I'll have my kids as my wife works on the weekends.

Serious answer, while they used to holkd rallycross events in the grassy areas, they do hold regular autocross events in the pits. The 5-19 lot clean up is just that, because you'll notice that the next day is the actual autocross event.

CR will be having a drag day, but the SCCA and other autocrossing clubs don't typically drag race.

This is a new lot for us, hence the 'lot clean up day'.....it will be the first time running there, so we need to make sure the lot is ready to roll. Cordell is correct, SCCA does not 'drag race' :dumb: .....I can't wait to see you guys out there. In all seriousness, we have a great novice program if you are looking for 'pointers'....myself or others will be happy to ride along.....

This is a new lot for us, hence the 'lot clean up day'.....it will be the first time running there, so we need to make sure the lot is ready to roll. Cordell is correct, SCCA does not 'drag race' :dumb: .....I can't wait to see you guys out there. In all seriousness, we have a great novice program if you are looking for 'pointers'....myself or others will be happy to ride along.....

Thanks man, really getting excited about the season. Sure I'll meet lots of people this year, should be a blast.

Can one of you racecar drivers suggest me a cheap open face helmet under 100 I can use? I.E. one that meets the minimum requirements with no flash or bling.

Why open face? So everyone can see your weird facial expressions?

I have a HJC M2005 I picked up for like $55 through amazon

Why open face? So everyone can see your weird facial expressions?

why be a jerk? I had a nice shoei helmet when I rode, sold the bike and sold the helmet. I don't know the helmet regulations for autocross but my new car and the renewed interest of others (I.E. cordell and crossle et al) piqued my interest in this season. I hoped I could get tips from experienced regulars but you make it seem, shall I say uninviting.

why be a jerk? I had a nice shoei helmet when I rode, sold the bike and sold the helmet. I don't know the helmet regulations for autocross but my new car and the renewed interest of others (I.E. cordell and crossle et al) piqued my interest in this season. I hoped I could get tips from experienced regulars but you make it seem, shall I say uninviting.

Come on out Mitch, if you polish my helmet you can use it. :gabe:

Tough crowd. Damn.

I get called for having a hairdresser car and you get 'insulted'a when I make a light joke about having an open face helmet.

To each is their own. Id like to keep my face if anything was ever to happen. Better?

Just needs to be Snell approved. We have 'loaner' helmets that you can use too if you don't have a helmet for an event....or, as Cordell has offered (i think), you can borrow one from someone else.....

Look for this sticker on the inside of the helmet. It needs to be M2005, M2010, SA2005, or SA2010

http://www.smf.org/images/decals/m05dec.jpg

http://www.smf.org/images/decals/m2010decal.jpg

http://www.smf.org/images/decals/sa05dec.jpg

http://www.smf.org/images/decals/sa2010decal.jpg

Keep in mind that typically the 'M' rated helmets are not good at a track like Mid-Ohio, but the 'SA' helmets are going to be 2-3 times as much as the 'M' rated helmets. Just saying, if you are ever considering doing track time, this will help reduce the change of having to buy two helmets.

Can one of you racecar drivers suggest me a cheap open face helmet under 100 I can use? I.E. one that meets the minimum requirements with no flash or bling.

I'll have to double check mine but it is an open face and I bought it years ago from Jegs for like 60 bucks.

Scott, the time slips will tell the truth...

Kale, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't some organizations, like NASA allow M rated helmets on tracks?

Just wondering...if not I gotta start searching for a SA 2010 helmet...or 2005 if its cheap

Kale, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't some organizations, like NASA allow M rated helmets on tracks?

Just wondering...if not I gotta start searching for a SA 2010 helmet...or 2005 if its cheap

Some but not all allow Motorcycle rated helmets. I'm still holding onto the fact that I may get a bike again some day so I opt towards motorcycle helmets. I did have one PCA chapter give me a little bit of a hard time about it last year though.

I dunno if it will be the same car consistently, but I will be out.

Scale & Align MR2 + better tires = WIN!

Shifter karts will still always be MUCH faster.

Old age and treachery > youth and enthusiasm

That is all, my work here is done, see you at the track.

Some but not all allow Motorcycle rated helmets. I'm still holding onto the fact that I may get a bike again some day so I opt towards motorcycle helmets. I did have one PCA chapter give me a little bit of a hard time about it last year though.

Kyle, basically what Andy just said.....it depends on the club you're running with. I bought SA just so I never have to have that discussion.