Calling out all Auto-Xers

Cordell

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it should be fun, I have to try it.

It is, I did an event with the SCCA there years ago, can get a bit hairy when your up near that wall. While riding with my buddy in his mr2 he made the classic mistake of lifting off the throttle while coming down off the banking, I was staring down a huge tractor tire at about 45 mph in a sideways mr2, obviously he managed to save it but it was a bit spooky.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, like 6 second difference (last I heard). Jones LOL

Cordell, I didn't see your Miata out yesterday? Scared of the rain? :p

Anyone else completely frustrated by the gravel at the outside of turn 4? Kept trying to swing it wide and have a straight shot down into 5 vs cone dodging, but I couldn't plant with all the rocks. Easily coulda taken a second off there if it was swept, maybe that was intentional though.

Yep, like 6 second difference (last I heard). Jones LOL

Cordell, I didn't see your Miata out yesterday? Scared of the rain? :p

Anyone else completely frustrated by the gravel at the outside of turn 4? Kept trying to swing it wide and have a straight shot down into 5 vs cone dodging, but I couldn't plant with all the rocks. Easily coulda taken a second off there if it was swept, maybe that was intentional though.

Hey, it's my first time. I'll get better as the season progresses. Ben's instruction is helping greatly. Went from 67.x to 58.03 in six passes. :)

I'm just giving you shit, your car hauls ass without doing any suspension work, for sure. It's nice to have a 'pro' drive too, so you can really see what your car is capable of. I'm pretty terrible too, Ryan (the other white WRX with the lip) is eons better than me, but he's got a lot of suspension work compared to my stock suspension.

/raises glass to those who post their best times in the rain.

...but really, 67 seconds your first pass? :dumb:

Glad some of you guys were able to make it out yesterday. Jones, good to finally meet you and I hope you come back for some more. I would recommend the drivers school on the 20th if you want one on one instruction for the day.

Hopefully the next event is dry, and you can really see what that RS can do....

Would love to hear any feedback on what we can be doing different, we are always trying to make the events better...thanks!

/raises glass to those who post their best times in the rain.

Glad some of you guys were able to make it out yesterday. Jones, good to finally meet you and I hope you come back for some more. I would recommend the drivers school on the 20th if you want one on one instruction for the day.

Would love to hear any feedback on what we can be doing different, we are always trying to make the events better...thanks!

I told Jones to sign up for the school, ton of seat time. My help is limited and a diff perspective from someone else would likely help as well kinda like the Evo school does it, it worked for me.

Jones did great, he was picking up his pace very rapidly and I'm very appreciative he let me drive his car, I've offered up my car in return but I won't blame him for turning it down as I don't want to drive my own car after being in his!!:dumb:

Scotts miata wouldn't have been able to match the beetle, not in that weather but dry conditions could be diff. The only thing the beetle needs are some better tires, several people have told me those tires are not good though it didn't seem to matter yesterday!

Can't wait for the 20th. I'll be there for sure.

Any vids of the runs Kale?