NEW rebuild-update pg2!

GTPSS

So I should pop the rod caps off and visibly check them out huh?

It wouldn't hurt, you do realize that an production LS block priority oils the cam, and since the oil pressure sensor is up in that galley you potentially could've lost a little pressure down in the rods since it's about the last thing that gets oiled. Though my post earlier was just thinking online, there is a good chance things are okay.

everyone seems to call it a galley plug, I just searched for "LS1 Crank Plug" and went from there. ;-)

I've always considered the little white plastic plug on the back, that covers the main galley, as the "galley plug"

I'd say it's fine J...it just crossed my mind. I wouldn't take anything apart personably

As your not an engine builder, and Unless you have a good roque wrench, I wouldn't.

Good tools i have...but rotating assemblies are my kryptonite.

Alright...now its fixed. Took forever to find the right size, but 10 different size plugs later it gots one that fit perfect.

Now its time to start putting it all back together. Everything is ordered and on it way....including the baseline tuning.

motor is back in. and just waiting for parts:

-injectors received saturday

-tuning being worked (working towards a speed density tune)

-charger setup scheduled to here by Friday

-fuel pump delivered today (but have a FULL tank of fuel :( )

-vacuum block should be here tomorrow

-gauges wired into POD, still need to instal the pillar and wire up the gauges.

-front of motor needs buttoned up

-BAP needs wired up

not to bad I think. Its gettin there.

Man I had a nice vacuum block FS too.

Waiting to see this thing done.

I remember that. I should of bought it then.

Looks like tuning is going to be a potential issue...no 2.5 OS for 07 TBSS's...

Working with HPT/PCM to see what they can do.

-...(but have a FULL tank of fuel

Disconnect your fuel line and run it to a fuel jug, remove the fuel pump relay and "jumper" that circuit. Turn key on and let the fuel run out until your can is full. If you need to stop, just turn the key off until you have another can ready.

I'm assuming your tank has one of those anti-siphon thingys on it, so just running a tube into the fuel filler to pump it out probably wont work.

Why are you working with a non local tuner. Your foolish for not letting IPS take are of tuning. And if there is no SD, do a MAF tune, that's what I'm running.

It will end up at IPS. PCM gave me great startup pricing (almost free), how can I pass that up? I still need to be able to drive it to IPS.

Disconnect your fuel line and run it to a fuel jug, remove the fuel pump relay and "jumper" that circuit. Turn key on and let the fuel run out until your can is full. If you need to stop, just turn the key off until you have another can ready.

I'm assuming your tank has one of those anti-siphon thingys on it, so just running a tube into the fuel filler to pump it out probably wont work.

Hrm...I might be able to do this from under it. 20g just sucks-lol.

And yeah its got an anti-siphon thing.

UPDATE 5.28.12:

-Wiring redone

-MAF plug extended/re-routed

-Gauges installed (not wired in)

-accessories bolted back on

-waiting on HOB 4" intake setup

-need to instal BAP

I would wait and see about SD on the tuning. Mine is a 3bar sd tune and I drive it year round and it starts and runs like stock out of boost. The Maf is maxed around 5-6 psi so it defaults to basically sd after that.

I would wait and see about SD on the tuning. Mine is a 3bar sd tune and I drive it year round and it starts and runs like stock out of boost. The Maf is maxed around 5-6 psi so it defaults to basically sd after that.

Yeah, there are ways to scale the MAF to handle over 20lbs of boost (was at 18 in my 3.8L).

I would MUCH rather do SD, but HPT is looking at NEVER for the TBSS. I'm not skilled enough to understand how to do SD on the current HPT OS. But hopefully IPS can ;)

I havent had him do anything of mine yet but I've heard good things. I don't tune and am not affiliated with any of the shops but ive heard a over a dozen complaints on tunes being rich from the big names and I heard some way fucked up shit from a customer today whos a memeber on here that the big names tried tuning and he had a bad 02 and instead of fixing the problem and notifiying him they sent him on his way with without telling him they gave him a speed density tune that ran like shit, especially when the weather changed. He didn't even know it was SD until dtm fixed the tune and 02.