OSHP "All Out Day"

M0nk3y

FYI - Don't be stupid.

https://www.facebook.com/OhioStateHighwayPatrol/posts/292640167496425

Tomorrow is "All Out Day"

The Ohio State Highway Patrol will be conducting an “All Out Day” on May 18, in which all sworn officers from all ranks will be patrolling Ohio roads in an effort to reduce fatal and injury crashes. The initiative, which serves as a high visibility enforcement effort, is not only a deterrent for crash causing violations, but also calls attention to dangerous driving behaviors.

With the onset of warm weather and an increase in fatalities, it is more important than ever to make sure motorists are keeping their eyes on the road, wearing their safety belts and never driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

Good idea guys, I know the warm weather always makes me want to shed the seatbelt, crack open a 40 and blast a few lines off the dash. Thanks for saving us all from ourselves.

Didn't post to their facebook, wanted to, did not.

Wish they'd do it more often, with particular focus on

1. Holding up traffic by going (under) the limit in the hammer lane

2. Weaving

Ticketing #1 will reduce the need for #2, and the reduction of #2 could make limits of 75 realistic (not that the OSHP will admit to such, but that's not my problem).

I like how when I play tennis at the Gahanna courts right outside the police station, they openly talk about meeting quota's in group discussion.

I agree that the whole we do or don't have a quota debate is funny. IMO quota is the wrong wording even for cops. More like shooting fish in a barrel. I would say quotas should be put on something more difficult than writing simple moving violations which outside rush hour times are more about generating revenue than actually protecting people.

bingo! I do respect the police departments for the work they do. When they manipulate vague laws or setup deliberate entrapment's in order to generate revenue versus protecting the public is when it's bs. What doesn't help is when some over sensitive social protection group jumps on board and gives fake credit to their work.

But it's warm out, they'll be doing drugs, totally legit idea.

it is actually.

Police and Fire are much busier in the warmer months than the winter. Just like police and fire are busier on the

. We are also entering what's dubbed "trauma season".

just the facts, bruh

Awesome. I am driving to Cincy, then to Louisville tomorrow.

There's area between columbus and cincy they hit heard with aircraft and when you peak over the horizon you will a boatload of cruiser handing out paper to lighten your pockets. If you see an aircraft running in line with or near the highway heading down better check that speed..

There's area between columbus and cincy they hit heard with aircraft and when you peak over the horizon you will a boatload of cruiser handing out paper to lighten your pockets. If you see an aircraft running in line with or near the highway heading down better check that speed..

this. 71 is notorious for air support. especially on a clear day like today

this. 71 is notorious for air support. especially on a clear day like today

Your right so is 70 west coming into buckeye lake area from Zaneville they make there loop and all the staties are on the west bound off ramp for the rest area then they dart out and pull you over right before the on ramp for rest area.. I see people putting the hammer down and when I approach that area on a nice day I scan the sky first. It's like a blue red flashing light parade.

I agree that the whole we do or don't have a quota debate is funny. IMO quota is the wrong wording even for cops. More like shooting fish in a barrel. I would say quotas should be put on something more difficult than writing simple moving violations which outside rush hour times are more about generating revenue than actually protecting people.

Meh, even in rush hour, the guy doing 10 MPH under is more of a harm I think than the guy doing 10 over, but we all know who gets the attention.

A few years ago on the way down to tail of the dragon our caravan got pulled over for "following to closely" it was on 23 some place between Columbus and Cinci (large area I know) Cops said we were spotted by air.

if you get called in from the air, there is no way in hell you're getting out of a ticket.

bingo! I do respect the police departments for the work they do. When they manipulate vague laws or setup deliberate entrapment's in order to generate revenue versus protecting the public is when it's bs. What doesn't help is when some over sensitive social protection group jumps on board and gives fake credit to their work.

Think about it for a moment. If they did not enforce "stupid laws" everyone would disobey them. If they didnt enforce speeding everyone would speed and cause huge problems. Same goes for all laws. Its pretty much fear mongering.