I deactivated my Facebook account.

zeitgeist57

I'm sure part of it is just getting older, but three realizations came to me last week:

1) Most people that I care for keep in touch with me OUTSIDE of Facebook (CR <3)

2) The thought of more targeted marketing based on my personal information annoys me.

3) FB phail on NASDAQ...soooooooooo fucking overhyped.

I'll let you doods know how everything goes from this point forward...I have a feeling life will continue to get better from here. :)

http://www.sunriseproperties.net/image%5Csunrise.jpg

I was talking with my girl yesterday.. how nice it would be to not have the internet at all, just for a month or so. We would go out and meet our neighbors, take walks, exercise, etc

I started early with getting the kids in my neighborhood out of the house. I have seen the zombie neighborhoods where you see 50 kids get off of school buses, and 70 cars pull into garages after work... but then they all disappear until the morning when they go back to work/school.

My son deleted his account today. Said he was just too busy with schooling and work.

I'm like.. uh.. dude.. don't log into it? I guess it's like CR. Once you log in, they have you by the balls.

Since I am big into tennis, it's shocking to see the decline in parents out playing with their kids on the court. For the most part from what I see in a few parks in columbus, are parents dropping their kids off at soccer/football practice and let the coaches do everything while they are on their phones.

Meh. I have the same 10 girls on my news feed doing this once a week

Yup...I hate people who do that.

Best thing about FB is that it sync's my contacts, only reason why I wouldn't get rid of it. I hate having the generic contact picture :yuno:

facebook ipo lol