Are you scared of miles?

wnaplay1647545503

When I bought my 04 Mustang 3 years ago it had 33,953 miles on it for $12k. At nearly 6 years old I felt that was below normal mileage, I was offered an 05 GT for the same price(may have been a little less) with 103,000 miles. I passed obviously even though the 05' is a much better chassis, suspension, and at least no worst an angine.

Like people have said, if you were looking at a Honda with this mileage and valued at the same I'd say make them install a timing belt and neccessary parts and buy it. A Denali, even if it's "all highway mileage" I'd pass. Be patient and you'll find what your looking for.

I do understand the preference of Denali over Tahoe, my dad refused to even consider looking at a Silverado vs. a Sierra because of the looks, and he is not the type of person that cares about looks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen that one as well, alot can definitely be hidden through online pics as that thing is beat. Plus its older than I would like. There are 06's with around 100k throughout the country for around $9-10k. I also play the odds when it comes to the lots cars are sold at. I wont buy from somewhere that is in a bad area of town and buys cars in the condition that would appeal to those that inhabit it. I gamble that a good size car lot does more homework on the cars it takes in either from trades or the auction and prices them accordingly. There are a handful of denalis in good shape at what I would consider small "crappy" lots but I will never drive over to look at.

I've owned several GM's with over 200k miles. My current daily ('99 Regal) has 243k and my last daily ('97 Silverado 4x4) had 241k when I got rid of it. My '92 Camaro has 214k. The only car I ever had to put significant amounts of repairs into was my first car and that was a 1989 Celebrity I got for $900 bucks back in 2003.

Who gives a fuck about mileage if you have service records and as long as it's been taken care of. As far as I'm concerned, the more miles it has the cheaper I can get it for.