new craigslist scam?

russian rocket

so i was looking for boats on Craigslist and stumbled upon a good deal. emailed the guy and to my surprise the email came back in proper grammar and everything was spelled correctly. but i got the whole scam impression right off the bat with the guy doesn't live near the boat and wants to use a service. he recommended we use a site called onlinequickdrop.com but the thing is, he didnt url me or anything, he just simply told me to go to onlinequickdrop dot com. so i typed that in and it brought up the site and the site seems scarey legit. what is your guys take on this, i still feel this is a scam and will not be going through with it, but do you think the site is a hoax, i googled it and did not find any info on it, good or bad.

here is the first email he sent me after i asked him if the boat was still for sale.

I still have the boat for sale. There are no structural or electrical problems with this boat. It is in outstanding condition . Both hull and interior in nice condition .No mechanical issues with this engine at all. It starts easily and restart easily all day. It has ALWAYS been properly maintained and never run hard or abused. Trailer is in very nice condition and the tires are almost new with plenty of tread left. It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances.

Unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because i left town few days ago to help my daughter organizing her wedding and i may stay here a while, but this is not a problem because i`ll sell it through OQD services. I believe you know what OQD is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested

See more pictures bellow:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111904259901178552443/1993FourWinnsHORIZON230?authkey=Gv1sRgCKLfrYSppcak_QE

Hopefully all of them do justice to the condition this boat is in.

and here is the second email after i said everything looked good and if he had a number i could reach him at. he obviously ignored my request for his number.

I'm pleased you are still interested. Like I said before I will be happy to walk you through the process. OQD is short for Online Quick Drop and their website is onlinequickdrop DOT com , maybe now this sounds familiar to you. They are a chain of ebay drop off stores and they offer their services for Craigslist users too. I left the boat in their possession when i left and intended to sell it when i got back (if you ask why i'm selling it now when i'm not around), but the wedding costs too much and i need to sell it now to help my daughter get married.. They will take care of shipping, payment and title transfer(it is already signed by me and notarized so they are empowered to do this ). So if you want to purchase the boat, all you have to do is to register on their website. After you are registered with them an invoice will be sent to you. There you will find out more details about this sale like how to complete the payment, shipping process, insurance,etc .Afterward you have to complete the payment. They receive the payment and start the shipping process. You receive the boat and you have 10 days to inspect it and see if it's exactly as described. If you decide to keep it, you let them know and they will transfer the payment to me, if you decide to return it, they will give you a full refund back and return the item on my cost. So you can be sure the boat is exactly as described because i wouldn't sell something that i know it will be returned and loose extra money. The shipping cost is already included in the price listed on Craigslist so you don't have to worry about that. The process is very simple, it probably looks a little complicated from what i explained but it's not and for a better understanding of how their service works you can check out their "Selling on Craigslist" page. I would advise you to read the Selling on Craigslist page before you register so you can be sure you understand how the process works. Let me know if you are still interested and if you have questions please ask, no problem. Also, if you don't want to register on their website for any reason, you can send me your full name and shipping address and i will forward it to them, but it's better if you register yourself.

Thank you

PS: I am sorry for the long email but i couldn't explain the process in less words.

and here is the website that he wants to use http://onlinequickdrop.com/index.html

btw he is using a gmail account which i know a lot of people are using them these days but they always seem scammish to me

Bullshit, you can tell a mile away that his grammatical skills are those of a retard and his choice of words are of someone not familiar with the English language.

Free of all liens and encumberances? Seriously?

^^ this. Made me LOL actually.

Also, he types/talks way to fucking much for someone who is trying to sell a boat on Craigslist. I buy and sell stuff there all the time and that reply screams scam.

I would reply that considering purchases like this you're open to traveling to where he is now that it's not an issue. Request he reply with a phone number so that you can discuss details. See what happens. My guess is he goes quiet. If not you got a phone number to call him at.

They have no phone service, no live support, only email.

It's a obvious front, probably a multi person operation.

They do have live support. Above that look at this http://onlinequickdrop.com/security_center.html. It appears that they are trying to be legit. Otherwise they would love to take Western Union and Moneygram. Most of the threads about being scammed by this company that I could find involved money going straight to the seller not OQD or Western Union which they say not to use.

looks like that online quick drops site is in on it, or at least thats the impression i am getting from their email. i emailed them from their site to ask them about the boat and the seller

Dear Boris ( boris@hotmail.com ),

Bobby nelson is a verified member from our company since December 2009. We have in our custody the 1993 Four Winns HORIZON 230. You are fully protected with our member in purchasing the boat. Your funds remain in our secured non-interest bearing trust account until the transaction concludes. As you know you will receive 10 days return policy.In these 10 days you will have the opportunity to test the condition of the boat. If the boat is now how you expected ,you will receive full refund and your money will be forward from our bearing trust account. The shipping will be made and insured by our company. The title is in our custody and it's clear without lines. We will facilitate the title transfer and registration of your purchased boat within the United States. If you would like to proceed with the transaction please go forward and register on our web site.

This information should only be used for resolving matters related to Online Quick Drop. Any other use is strictly prohibited.

Thank you for using our services !

Online Quick Drop Customer Support

Online Quick Drop sent this email to you at boris@hotmail.com about your transaction .

Online Quick Drop will periodically send you required emails about the site and your transactions.

Copyright © 2012 Online Quick Drop Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Online Quick Drop and the Online Quick Drop logo are trademarks of Online Quick Drop Inc.

Online Quick Drop Inc.

Bullshit, you can tell a mile away that his grammatical skills are those of a retard and his choice of words are of someone not familiar with the English language.

Free of all liens and encumberances? Seriously?

This. The sentence structure is strange, at best. It was most definitely written by someone who does not speak English as their first language, but has had an education. Look at things like the repeated usage of nouns (i.e., saying "the boat...the boat..." Instead of saying "the boat...it...").

From the OQD site:

2. Buyer pays Online Quick Drop

The buyer pays Online Quick Drop the purchase price of the goods.You [why switch from "the buyer" to "you?"] will need to transfer funds to a [should be "an"] Online Quick Drop safe account. Online Quick Drop will hold the funds in a trust account where they will be held [unnecessary] until the transaction is successfully completed. Atention[come on, obvious spelling errors?]: No money will be released to the seller until Online Quick Drop will be notified [should be "has been notified] by the buyer that he [gender specific? Really?] received and accepted the merchandise!

There was just a quick read of one FAQ. Even if they are not scammers, how do you trust a company that cannot even grasp basic English?