Bird in my yard...

Rocky31186

As some have seen my pictures I've been trying to catch this birds life from egg to flying..

Well today I was by the tree playing with the dogs, when all of the sudden it leaps out of the tree and tries to fly.. It went 3' before hitting the ground.. And just sat there.

I got the boxers inside so they wouldn't eat it, as Mom and Dad birds were fuckin PISSED.. Screaming and shit. The baby just sat there. I got my camera and took some zoomed in pictures of him. I left him alone for a couple hours thinking he would try to fly again, or mom would help him back in the nest.

I come out later after dinner and check, hes in the corner of the fence lost. So I got a stick and edged him to the tree. Right by the tree he made this horrific fuckin noise. And 10 birds came flying out of no where to attack me. I pretty much ran for my life. They were PISSED.

So I left him alone, put my dogs on leash and let them go to the bathroom on the other side of the yard.

I come back out 3 hours later and the bird is in the same spot (sleeping now) but it looks like mom and dad dont care about it anymore.. but theres no way it will be able to clear my 6' fence..

What should I do? I dont want to let my dogs kill it, as thats the LAST thing I need is medical bills for my dogs getting hurt somehow.

Should I put gloves on, pick it up and put it in the nest? Will it flip out on me at night while its sleeping?

Please dont say BB gun or to harm it.. Maybe when I was 15, but im not a teenager anymore.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it. Mother nature will take over. It's a bird and if it's meant to go on it will. Yes, I'm serious. We've had two families of cardinals and one set of Robins this year. Not all of them made it, but I see two of the baby cardinals around still.

LOL, I've seen people get attacked by birds. And animals..

This may make a good Youtube video..

Okay, I'm in. I'll come over in the morning and get you on video being attacked. It will be great. Maybe we'll get youtube advertising and shit. :gabe:

Leave it. Mother nature will take over. It's a bird and if it's meant to go on it will. Yes, I'm serious. We've had two families of cardinals and one set of Robins this year. Not all of them made it, but I see two of the baby cardinals around still.

Should I just keep leaving my dogs on the leash until it goes away?

Should I just keep leaving my dogs on the leash until it goes away?

I would. My boy loves birds. :no: Yours may be different. I bet he's gone by morning. Any cats in your area? Coons or skunks? Most all of the rabbits I shoot in our yard yet taken by skunks. I've watch them several times.

If I do it at any time during the day it will be at night. LOL when all of them are sleeping.

I can picture the youtube video.. Helmet, gloves, leather motorcycle jacket, bat.

Sadly Im not afraid of alot of stuff, but birds sometimes freak me out.

I would. My boy loves birds. :no: Yours may be different. I bet he's gone by morning. Any cats in your area? Coons or skunks? Most all of the rabbits I shoot in our yard yet taken by skunks. I've watch them several times.

Mine dont normally pay attention to birds.. but when I took them out on the leash they instantly caught on to the smell of the bird in the grass and were on track going strait toward it.

There is one cat that walks the streets, but I've never had ANY animals in my yard.

Ill check in the AM and see whats going on.. Hopefully its gone.

Did some google searching and they said to pick it up and put it in the nest in a towel / gloves.. EDIT, well I take that back. Its says not to..

"Never disturb a baby robin! The parents will come back"

"If a young bird looks fully feathered, it may have fledged early and simply have been over-eager to leave home! The parents will hear its distress calls, and bring it food until it can fly."

I had this happen last year on the back of my porch. One little bird dropped out of the nest and I put some gloves on and tossed it back in the next. A few days later no birds were in there and there was none near the nest.