Newbie from New Albany

Sledhead36

Brilliant!

I would use it if I could, but that's way outside my area. I work on safety systems, mostly advanced sensing using camera technology and none of my company's products would make your idea possible. It's funny though; as obsessed as I am with cars, only ~half my idea's are automotive related (and a lot of those are now company property). I've pitched some idea's (like a couple phone apps/social networking) to friends of mine, trying to get them to go in with me. Usually they think it's a great idea, but are even more skiddish than me. The sad reality is it would probably take me getting laid off to have enough time to bring one to fruition myself. I would love to hear about how you approach companies and pitch your idea's without them just kicking you out and stealing it. If it's not patented you basically have no protection, right?

I usually entertain my investors at a nice golf club-house. The exits are blocked by bouncers wearing shades and carrying taze BATONS, bro.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not patented but is protected by an agreement with an attorney who will only disclose it after the company signs off on the disclosure. It is proof it is my IP.(Intellectual property).

Very interesting. I never knew that you could actually do that and get paid.

Looking forward to it! Congrats to your boys getting signed by a label, I was there at the LC that night.

I'm actually up in Lakeside Ohio right now with Josh and Tyler just relaxing for a few days, they say hello. They have been telling me for months "you need to meet Scott" and I just find it cool that you were directed to this forum because of the dwiggs thread. Small world haha

I'm actually up in Lakeside Ohio right now with Josh and Tyler just relaxing for a few days, they say hello. They have been telling me for months "you need to meet Scott" and I just find it cool that you were directed to this forum because of the dwiggs thread. Small world haha

Yes it is, I was directed because I heard he was trashing UGR and said my transmission was blown because of the turbo build. I did have a carrier bearing go out on the stock transmission, no biggie, but he claimed so much crap about UGR I had to step in and help. Btw UGR does nothing but great work and the follow up is nothing short of incredible. Kevin calls or texts all the time to check up on the car even after 2 years with NO engine issues.

Tell Josh to get a haircut.

Edited by Sledhead36

Perfect, Yes I have seen the Supra. I have had a few of those, love em. However my last one caused a little stir with the boys in the south as sacrilegious as it was a spoof of the General Lee.......

Some people love to hate them. So you'll be at Lennox this Saturday for Cars and Coffee, correct? ;)

Ok, here is my latest....

Automobile manufactures love brand loyalty....hence, what if when you traded in your car for one of the same brand...that everything was already programmed into the car. All GPS addresses, Music stations or HD, comfort settings, seat postion, mirrors....etc. Once you have the measurements you could extrapolate the position of the seat and mirrors to the new vehicle and the owner could fine tune it. (Engineer dude could do this one...)

You would never think about switching brands because the info cannot be transferred to another brand. The first brand who locks this up owns the technology.

That's pretty much the way Google is approaching the Android phone. All of your settings are saved to your gmail account, so when you get a new phone you just log it into gmail and your contact list, calendar, etc all automatically populate. That's a great idea, and could easily cross over to different applications like cars like you said.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

Today, it is all about solving problems and making it easier to be a consumer. Most of you probably do not remember having to manually transfer all your contacts on your cell phone when you got a new one. Well that was a big deal when one company solved it, now it is the standard. When you are out and about, just note something that people find irritating and think of a solution. I have several buddies on car forums who do just that and have started businesses that way.

Twenty years ago I used to wrap rags around the handle of a Phillips screw driver, stick it in a drill and use it with mag wheel polish to polish my wheels. Never did anything about it. 5 years ago Mothers came out with the foam polishing balls that you use in your drill to polish your wheels..........should have not sat on my ass.

JPJ, that takes me back some. It's a little bit off the beaten path from what I'm used to but I can still appreciate it nonetheless.

Yes, I had that car a couple of years. Some people liked it, most hated it. Finally traded it for the Murcielago, the guy that bought it took all the decals off. Looked really bland afterwards.