power

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no power here. Got a generator running the fridge/window ac/fan and doing what we can. Tad warm during the day but sleeping in the basement helps at night. They said the 7th here as well.

We lost our power today. We could here the breaker fighting to keep on but ultimamely it lost the good fight. It's weird because random houses in our neighborhood sti have power.usually when my neighborhood loses power the "inner circle goes out, outer circle stays on... Oh well we were lucky to have it for 2 more days.

The used generator we bought off someone here works but vibrates itself so hard it shuts off. When it stays on its fine, but sometimes we hav to start it 4-5 times in 15mins before it stays on. Any suggestions to help the vibration?

Also, whenver we lose power, our 3G (AT&T) basically disappears until we get outside our house.. Any suggestions on that?

Electricity is the science, engineering, technology and physical phenomena associated with the presence and flow of electric charges. Electricity gives a wide variety of well-known electrical effects, such as lightning, static electricity, electromagnetic induction and the flow of electrical current in an electrical wire. In addition, electricity permits the creation and reception of electromagnetic radiation such as radio waves.

In electricity, charges produce electromagnetic fields which act on other charges. Electricity occurs due to several types of physics:

electric charge: a property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interactions. Electrically charged matter is influenced by, and produces, electromagnetic fields.

electric current: a movement or flow of electrically charged particles, typically measured in amperes.

electric field (see electrostatics): an especially simple type of electromagnetic field produced by an electric charge even when it is not moving (i.e., there is no electric current). The electric field produces a force on other charges in its vicinity. Moving charges additionally produce a magnetic field.

electric potential: the capacity of an electric field to do work on an electric charge, typically measured in volts.

electromagnets: electrical currents generate magnetic fields, and changing magnetic fields generate electrical currents

In electrical engineering, electricity is used for:

electric power (which can refer imprecisely to a quantity of electrical potential energy or else more correctly to electrical energy per time) that is provided commercially, by the electrical power industry. In a loose but common use of the term, "electricity" may be used to mean "wired for electricity" which means a working connection to an electric power station. Such a connection grants the user of "electricity" access to the electric field present in electrical wiring, and thus to electric power.

electronics which deals with electrical circuits that involve active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes and integrated circuits, and associated passive interconnection technologies.

Electrical phenomena have been studied since antiquity, though advances in the science were not made until the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Practical applications for electricity however remained few, and it would not be until the late nineteenth century that engineers were able to put it to industrial and residential use. The rapid expansion in electrical technology at this time transformed industry and society.

Electricity's extraordinary versatility as a means of providing energy means it can be put to an almost limitless set of applications which include transport, heating, lighting, communications, and computation. Electrical power is the backbone of modern industrial society, and is expected to remain so for the foreseeable future.

Parents lost power in the Sunday storm. Took down 4 big old trees that pulled their roots out, we cut them up in the afternoon. Turns out they are Black Walnut, and have BEAUTIFUL heartwod grain with nice long sections. We cut them long, and they are stacked to dry now! They'll probably end up making a good profit on the days work.

Tell you what really chaps my ass about this whole thing. No one in this fuckin city knows how to handle a 4 way stop.

I've seen all manner of ignorance and douchbaggery the past few days with this shit.

Tell you what really chaps my ass about this whole thing. No one in this fuckin city knows how to handle a 4 way stop.

I've seen all manner of ignorance and douchbaggery the past few days with this shit.

Depends on what side of town. Campus, clintonville, worthington and new albany was great.

161 was terrifying, didn't know if someone was going to hit you or not.

I was honestly surprised how well people did on Polaris. Yes there was a handful of numb nuts that would either just sit there pissing themselves, unsure when to go, or douchebags that just start going when it's not their turn.

Worst was some fag on a VFR in the turn lane next to me that decided he was going to go straight, almost ran his ass over.