Mid Ohio SCCA PDX 8/31/12

AudiOn19s

There was a great turnout of CR people at the Torqued racing day at Nelson recently, I encourage all of you that attended plus those of you that were on the fence about going to consider signing up for the SCCA PDX on 8/31 at Mid Ohio.

$225 for non-SCCA members, $210 if you are already a member.

1:1 in-car instruction as well as classroom sessions to accellerate the learning curve.

Single day event you can drive to and from same day to not worry about hotel costs and it's a short drive to get there as well. Not to mention, unlike Nelson, this is a world class facility you'll be driving on with elevation changes, tricky technical sections and a high speed back straight into a downhill heavy braking zone. Mid Ohio is an absolute BLAST to drive and very rewarding when you start to figure it out.

Hope to see you all out there.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.dashboard/uidEvent/BAA602F5-EA7D-98A3-80230B576B5EADED/uidMember/C3713191-F94D-2DF9-09FE940343C06B64

Andy

Edited by AudiOn19s

Man im interested in this. Is the format like nelson? Is there a link to a schedule or more info?

sure!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/BAA602F5-EA7D-98A3-80230B576B5EADED

this is put on by the SCCA's local region..

schedule here

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.requirements/uidEvent/BAA602F5-EA7D-98A3-80230B576B5EADED

Tech Inspection: 7:00 AM -10:00 AM

Instructor Meeting: 7:30 AM

Driver/Instructor Meeting: 8:00 AM

Novice Classroom Session: Immediately following Driver/Instructor Meeting

On-Track Sessions: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Group 1 (Advanced and Instructors)

Group 2 (Intermediate)

Group 3 (Novice)

Group 2 (Intermediate)

Group 3 (Novice)

Group 2 (Intermediate)

1-hour Lunch at approximately 11:30 (Mid-Ohio Concessions will be open)

Group 3 (Novice)

Group 2 (Intermediate)

Group 3 (Novice)

Group 2 (Intermediate)

Group 3 (Novice)

After the completion of this session additional track time may be given if available.

looks like basically 5 sessions

I was well exhausted last year after it all

I was stuck behind this guy for 2 laps until he decided to let me go by

M3: 221whp, ~3100lbs

CTS-V: 556bhp, ~4000lbs

Hmm, how much of a pain in the ass is it to sign up for non SCCA members?

Will a NASA comp license allow me in the advanced group or do I have to go through a bunch of SCCA crap?

How many cars in the run groups?

I'm not hating on the SCCA, but I've never heard anything good about their structure and moronic rules and don't want to be hassled or forced to run in the novice group just because I have not attending one of their events yet.

Hmm, how much of a pain in the ass is it to sign up for non SCCA members?

Will a NASA comp license allow me in the advanced group or do I have to go through a bunch of SCCA crap?

How many cars in the run groups?

I'm not hating on the SCCA, but I've never heard anything good about their structure and moronic rules and don't want to be hassled or forced to run in the novice group just because I have not attending one of their events yet.

it s not a PITA

direct reg link

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.org/uidEvent/BAA602F5-EA7D-98A3-80230B576B5EADED/uidMember/0C70DDBD-C1B3-B90F-D37778828F06385F

just contact Mary Hall

mellen100@hotmail.com

and tell her to tell the guy running the show.... Dave Brown

I signed up last year for advanced group without ever participating with them other than Auto-x like 10 years ago. Put a summary of my driving history and no questions were asked. You'll be fine Matt. They put an instructor with me for a Check out ride which is difficult for you but I doubt it will matter

This event was very lightly attended last year, maybe 15 -18 cars max in each run group. Pace was pretty good in the groups and I never had an issue with getting a point. My only complaint was no open passing.

• 2 weeks later...
Bump it up.

Kale (bmwohio) will be there, Entry list is still pretty small which means run groups won't be crowded and there will be pleanty of track time.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8xtb6qNoR1rya3nuo9_250.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have been itching to try this recently and been looking into a cool platform to start with and still have fun with.

You're a good fabricator. Buy my M3, LSX swap it, and rock out on the track.

I'll be up there tomorrow as pit-crew/ride-along status.

have fun and stay safe guys

and please make bmwohio doesn't use my gopro to take stupid angle video where you can't see the track :D

blah blah blah.....I didn't have my extension for my camera last year, so that was the best angle I could get......this time around will be much better