2001 Corolla doesn't want to run

Big A

I have a 2001 toyota corolla with 155K miles on it. I just had all the plugs replaces as it was running real rough and stalled out a couple times on me. The tips of all the spark plugs were white to boot. Now the issue I’m having is that it keeps stalling. It seems to do it on cold start ups when backing out of parking space or just starting to go. Along with this sometime when I give it some gas it just bogs down and doesn’t want to go. My check eng light has been on and was told the catalytic converter was going bad.

What could cause all the plug ends to be white? Could a bad cat cause these types of problems its having now? Trying to do some trouble shooting to see if it is worth trying to trouble shoot as the oil burning seems to be getting much worse. Oil was full than in one weeks time after a trip to Cinci and Dayton, it was off the stick.

I did an engine on an 01 Corolla about a month ago, it was knocking. I dont work on a ton of toyotas but seems to me Ive read that they had some issue with the rings maybe? If your converter is plugged, have you tried removing the pre cat o2 sensor and see if the car will take any throttle? or even the 2 bolts to unhook that downpipe is easy enough to remove any possible exhaust restriction such as a plugged up converter

I know you said cold or when backing out of an parking spot, does this problem go away when the car is warm or once you get going?

I did an engine on an 01 Corolla about a month ago, it was knocking. I dont work on a ton of toyotas but seems to me Ive read that they had some issue with the rings maybe? If your converter is plugged, have you tried removing the pre cat o2 sensor and see if the car will take any throttle? or even the 2 bolts to unhook that downpipe is easy enough to remove any possible exhaust restriction such as a plugged up converter

I know you said cold or when backing out of an parking spot, does this problem go away when the car is warm or once you get going?

I have not tried removing any parts yet. After the car is warm it has not stalled yet. Just the bogging down issue about 10% of the time. It does it both at starting after stops and/or trying to accelerate.