Free: cat

evan9381

Free cat. 6 years old, neutered. Not going to lie to anyone, he's been randomly pissing on my floor just outside of my laundry/furnace room where his litter box is, once every week or two...its not a daily thing. I think the sound of the a/c, washer/dryer, etc scares him (he's always been a literal "scaredy cat"), so sometimes he wont go in to that room. Unfortunately, the only other place i have for the box is my lower 1/2 bath, but then that basically becomes unusable with a box in there. He only does it within a few feet from the door, no where else in the house. I just put down new floors, and he pissed on it and swelled the laminate at the seam, so it was my final straw. aside from that, he's pretty chill for a cat. You can have a litter box and i'll even get you a 15lb bag of food to take with him.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMAG2698.jpg?t=1345761747

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMAG2681.jpg?t=1345761789

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMAG1939.jpg?t=1345761914

If that is the ONLY reason, that's pretty fucking petty.

Cats USUALLY only go to the bathroom outside of their litter box when there is an issue / problem.

Are you cleaning the litter box daily? Have you changed his food recently? Does he do it in front of you?

KillJoy

PS - Take him to the Vet...

call it petty if you want. my ex bought the cat, and left it when i kicked her out. im not going to fuck around and spend hundreds of dollars on this cat. i replaced the floors in my half basement/main living area due to the fact he pissed in that same area on the old carpet and it always stunk down here. now he's doing it on my new floors. the cat i have thats been here before him uses his litter box just fine, and he's cool as fuck for a cat. im not messing with this one.

his litter box is clean, i changed his food after he started doing it, and he usually does it at night when im asleep. but he's smart, because when i put a motion detection camera on my laptop and left it positioned on the spot at night, the asshole never did it. one night i didn't set the computer up, he pissed...almost like he knew i was watching.

What's the approximate cost of a radio controlled helicopter conversion?

Sucks about the pissing but I totally understand. I really like cats and grew up with them but they can be finicky little assholes sometimes. Given that i dont care for litter boxes and they don't speak English well enough to tell me what's up, I decided not to have one in my home.

Cat Piss Smell and potential Damage from it; #1 Reason to not have an indoor cat. My daughter said she wanted a cat. Not going to happen, mama can file her own divorce papers, but I won't have a cat. Problem solved by feeding the two neighbor hood strays / outside cats.

my cat did this when it has a urinary tract infection wouldnt piss in the box but would shit in it still

thirded

but I understand the frustration, especially when it really isnt your cat and you may not have much of an emotional bond with it.

1) Grab the cat by the neck

2) throw it in the trunk of your car

3) Drive to Alum Creek

4) Open trunk, grab cat by the neck

5) Throw it as hard as you can into the lake

6) Get back in car, and drive away

:lol: nothing good happens after midnight besides your posts

so you put his litter box in a room that he is scared of, then you wonder why he pisses on the floor?

This...

He prob hates you, hence trying to ruin your new floor. Take him to the vet. I'll talk to Sean but our cat is likely to hate him. He's very pretty. Olli flipped when we brought a little female cat home we had to take her back.

he isnt TRYING to ruin the floor. cats do not do things out of spite or revenge. just because humans act out of spite, people automatically assume that animals do too... they dont.

they only react by instinct to the situations HUMANS put them in.

there is either a) a medical problem like a UTI or something else, or b) he is scared to go in the room, and just can't hold it any more.

he isnt TRYING to ruin the floor. cats do not do things out of spite or revenge. just because humans act out of spite, people automatically assume that animals do too... they dont.

there is either a) a medical problem like a UTI or something else, or b) he is scared to go in the room, and just can't hold it any more.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Cats pee to express their emotions.

I asked my wife "If you saw 10 cats in 1 day with inappropriate peeing, how many would actually have a medical problem?" she answered "more like if I saw 30, 1 would have a medical problem, the other 29 are pure behavioral"

His litter box has been in that room since i moved here. It happens more when the furnace/AC run more often than not. Fall/spring when they dont run as much, it doesnt happen as often. Unfortunately, i do not have another place to put them that wont stink up my entire house.

you are seriously misinformed if you believe this. You should probably get your facts straight before you make a statement like that

even call us osme vets and tell them you dont know what yo do but if they dont take them your putting the cat on the street..you might get some hate but a vet office will take them and find them a home... you might get some hate from them but atleast they will find someone to take them. i hate cats but woudl much rather the cat go to someone who will find a home rather then the latter goodluck man. if my wife to be wasent allergic to them i would foster it but she already has a cat shes allergic to :lol: