The BRZ is "done"

Draco-REX

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who makes the supercharger?

I'm not sure who makes the internals. It's being sold by Innovate. Any idea who makes a .94L twin screw?

We can’t give away all the details yet, but here is a quick overview:

What is it?

-This is the first twin screw (positive displacement) supercharger kit for the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ platform in the US.

-The cleanest near OEM under hood packaging out of any of the supercharger kit offerings! The supercharger AND water-to-air intercooler system are integrated into a direct replacement, high performance intake manifold. Simply bolt on the kit, re-flash and drive!

What kind of engine management will the kit include?

-An EcuTek re-flash mapped for the supercharger system will be included.

Why a twin screw supercharger?

-The proprietary .94 liter twin screw design offers exceptional efficiency and lower intake temperatures when compared to other positive displacement and centrifugal designs, meaning lower air inlet temps per pound of boost!

-This design has the ability to produce substantial low and mid range RPM torque compared to other forced induction options. What this means is less time worrying about what gear you are in, and more time maximizing that corner exit acceleration! Even off the track, you may also notice that you will no longer have to downshift on steep hills with the kits “right now” torque delivery.

Will this kit be intercooled?

-There will be both intercooled and non-intercooled kits available. The intercooled version of the kit will utilize highly efficient Laminova air to liquid intercooler cores integrated in to the intake manifold. There will also be a proven OEM grade Bosch pump and properly matched aluminum heat exchanger. The non-intercooled kit will be optimized for lower boost levels and offer a very competitive and attractive MSRP.

Will I need anything else?

-The kits will be sold complete with ancillaries, minus coolant if required, ready to install and drive!

Is this the right forced induction solution for me?

If you want to improve drive-ability, give your car that mid range pull it should have had from the factory, and require OEM fit and finish then yes, this kit is for you!

Come see the Innovate Motorsports Twin Screw Supercharger kit for the FR-S/BRZ at the 2012 SEMA show, booth #22819.

Follow us on Facebook for the latest product updates, including photos from the 2012 SEMA Show!

Thank you for your time,

-Adam @ Innovate Motorsports, Inc.

This was the design I first wanted to see for this car. But I didn't think it'd ever actually be produced. This is just plain cool, even if it doesn't make as much POWAHH as a turbo. I hope a shop gets a hold of one and puts it through its paces.

It appears to be a Sprintex twin screw.

http://www.sprintex.com.au/sprintex/superchargers/

It's the S5-210

Nice find. Looks like it's capable of around 20psi. Considering the losses and it's low-to-mid range, I'm thinking it'll probably make 350-400 at the wheels on an E85 tune, maybe 300+ on 93. But the area under the torque curve will be much better than the turbos. But having all that torque so low in the power band will put more strain on the transmission.

Still.. pretty badass.

The fundamental rule of an ICE applies:

Mass flow rate (m dot) will strongly effect max potential power (think restrictor plates).

Not sure on just how they corrected their numbers in terms of max airflow, listed at 330CFM. Corrected numbers usually factor in density and are given in mass/time (lb/min, kg/sec, etc) Another question is what is limiting the factor: blower RPM, bearing specs, or something abstract like the circular induction point (there the TB would connect to).

• 2 weeks later...

So.. the track car is still a possibility.

But then...

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19556&stc=1&d=1351884466

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19557&stc=1&d=1351884466

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19558&stc=1&d=1351884466

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19559&stc=1&d=1351884466

Those are NEGATIVE offset wheels btw, 18x11-5 in the front and 18x12-30 in the rear.

If it was all black and had zero decals? Still a bit like a BRZ ran into a SEMA Pontiac circa late 90's I suppose.

It'd still be ugly. Don't dig the bolt on fenders that are running rampant on these things. Look dumb, same goes for the rear portion of the front fenders that is curved in towards the engine that is the new thing to do on GTRs and these cars.

Ugly.

I believe the two-tone paint is just to illustrate what the kit includes.

The "pocket-style" flares are kind of cool, IMO. I like the semi-utilitarian look to them, as well as the cut-outs at the backs of the fenders. I'm not big fan of cutouts in the front, which was one thing I was disappointed about with the Rocket Bunny kit.

But I think a mix n match with these fenders, different lip, skirts and rear valence/diffuser, then a functional rear wing would look pretty good.

Heard that the BRZ will be turbo while the FR-S will be supercharged. Not confirmed just heard it.

Subaru FA20 turbo already exists, for the J-spec Forester, that's where that half of the rumor comes from. And TRD has confirmed an optional supercharger kit, much like they make for all of the other Scions.

Subaru FA20 turbo already exists, for the J-spec Forester, that's where that half of the rumor comes from. And TRD has confirmed an optional supercharger kit, much like they make for all of the other Scions.

The race car (Grand Am?) is running a TRD supercharger kit too.

The race car (Grand Am?) is running a TRD supercharger kit too.

Not sure what series, but the car was at SEMA. The thing is, in order for the car to have a supercharger in that series, the supercharge must be available to the public. So it's pretty much confirmed that there will be a TRD supercharger. Whether it will come on the car or just be offered as an aftermarket add-on is up in the air.

Video was taken down but I can summarize...

Extreme disappointment, embarrassment, denial, and frustration was expressed when the spouse saw their significant other purchased such a horrendously slow, boring, and overpriced car.

Mirror on streetfire: http://www.streetfire.net/video/this-is-how-your-wife-reacts-when-you-buy-a-toyota-gt-86_2412208.htm

Video was taken down but I can summarize...

Extreme disappointment, embarrassment, denial, and frustration was expressed when the spouse saw their significant other purchased such a horrendously slow, boring, and overpriced car.

Mirror on streetfire: http://www.streetfire.net/video/this-is-how-your-wife-reacts-when-you-buy-a-toyota-gt-86_2412208.htm[/QUOTe]

What a lame commercial..

Im gonna go with the "he did discuss it with her first" assumption to the anger..

If nathan came home today and said he bought a car, i'd be all "woopy doo"..