caseyctsv

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Let Clay drive CTS-V with modded exhaust

2) Clay does a CR Review about how the "CTS-V is just like a CTS-V"

3) World asplodes?

I'm excited to hear your V! In almost every performance car I've heard that has straight pipes back from a stock resonator, it's sounded just as good as the $800+ performance cat-backs. Money well saved. :)

1) Let Clay drive CTS-V with modded exhaust

2) Clay does a CR Review about how the "CTS-V is just like a CTS-V"

3) World asplodes?

I'm excited to hear your V! In almost every performance car I've heard that has straight pipes back from a stock resonator, it's sounded just as good as the $800+ performance cat-backs. Money well saved. :)

I am a HUGE fan already :-). Would be happy to let you drive it - it will be interesting to read your write up without my bias! At this point I am wondering why all of CR does not have one of these.

I am a HUGE fan already :-). Would be happy to let you drive it - it will be interesting to read your write up without my bias! At this point I am wondering why all of CR does not have one of these.

If it had boost & AWD and the 09+ Magne-Ride I'd be tempted.

Because my wife won't drive it. I can't replace something that is better at drag racing or autocrossing for one.

Lol I was exaggerating! It certainly does not fill certain roles as well as some other cars. I would be thrilled if it had AWD. I find the ride to be a real nice balance, I don't think it needs the Magneride, but it would be nice to have I suppose.

CTS-V suspension/chassis is completely different from the GTO. The G8's suspension/chassis is closer to the 2010+ Camaro.

Having owned a GTO, G8 and now a V2 CTS-V, the V is way ahead of the G8 in terms of handling and ride. The G8 was light years ahead of the GTO.

Steinle in Fremont Ohio??? That my old stompin grounds.

Nice car!

Yep Fremont.

Now I have a dilemma. I waxed it up this evening and I am starting to think this thing is too nice for a daily. I may end up parking it for the winter. We will have to see. I did not plan on it but I am thrilled with the quality of the paint.

Yep Fremont.

Now I have a dilemma. I waxed it up this evening and I am starting to think this thing is too nice for a daily. I may end up parking it for the winter. We will have to see. I did not plan on it but I am thrilled with the quality of the paint.

ERROR ERROR.

Drive the FN car...

• 4 weeks later...
Nice pick-up!

Keep an eye on the engine wiring harness where it crosses from the t-body over the manifolds, they are notorious for melting. Hopefully the rear differential bushings have be replaced.

If you start getting the "Engine power reduced" message when you are playing, I would look at this. Mine did not melt, but the heat degraded it enough to become an intermitent pain in the ass. Problem started around 80k by 90k it was taking the fun out of driving. No issues since replacement.

Sweet meat.

What other colors did these come in? I think I have only seen black and silver.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/lustalbert/Cars/HPIM2818.jpg

Both have glass rear ends, but other than that, way diff.

Yep

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d117/lustalbert/HPIM0375.jpg

Fun car, mine should hit 100K this month.

Lustalbert, I almost bought an 07 in that color, but really wanted black. So is there a way to prevent the wiring harness issue? Have you done the motor mounts?

While I have only had it a month, this car is easily my favorite of all the ones I have owned.

I havent seen any sort of kit for the wiring harness, but some heat reflective wrap on the harness may help.

I still have the stock motor mounts, but the rear has the upgraded bushings, anti hop kit, along with a new diff, and a new driveshaft. When I break shit, I break it properly.

• Upvote 1