"Hidden" Metro Park w/ a Climbing Wall

KillJoy

Not sure if I am the last to know, but....

I saw a park from the Split Downtown that has a MASSIVE climbing wall. I did a quick search, and it is Scioto Audubon Metro Park.

From that link, it's key features:

Climbing wall: The largest free outdoor climbing wall in the country, 35 feet high. Climbing is free, but climbers must bring their own ropes and equipment. The climbing wall opens at 9am and closes one hour before the park close. On the second Friday of the month, from March through November, the climbing wall will stay open till midnight. Call the ranger cell phone number (614.202.5197) to verify late-night opening in case of bad weather conditions. Boat Ramp: You can launch your boat and sail the Scioto River.

Fishing Access: Fish the river from the boat ramp or elevated fishing dock.

Hiking and Biking: The Scioto Greenway Trail runs through the park.

Neos: An interactive electronic game structure provides fun for visitors of all ages.

Sand volleyball: Three competition size sand volleyball courts are available in the Central Activities Area near the climbing wall. Nets are in place, but we recommend that you bring your own volleyball. Court use is free.

Dog Park: A 2-acre dog park features separate areas for small dogs and large dogs, each with its own agility course. The dog park is located just past the climbing wall in the central activities area.

Grange Insurance Audubon Center: A nature center providing educational programming and information for the city of Columbus, its residents and public schools.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

What kind of equipment would you need to bring with you to do this? I see it says bring your own equipment (Ropes, Harness, etc.) but what all would one need to do this? Also does anybody happen to have a picture of said wall?

Google "scioto climbing wall" and click images.

Awesome wall though I have been a few times with friends.

Is there anyone there to make sure your using equipment, or can you go there with none and be ok? I want to go but i dont want to have to buy ropes/harnesses/etc.

AFAIK you have to bring your own equipment and a park ranger has to check them off for you.