Bringing back the Grand National

Buck531

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the concept but for it to be a real success it needs to be different than just a rebranded Caddy, needs to have shit tons of power, I'd even toy with the idea of AWD if it's not RWD, coupe....meh....won't sell nearly as well. In the end, it will likely be like most other cars of this level today, very nice but overpriced. Let's hope GM gets it right. Take me back to 1987 where a GN sold for $18k and kicked the shit out of just about anything.

I like the concept but for it to be a real success it needs to be different than just a rebranded Caddy, needs to have shit tons of power, I'd even toy with the idea of AWD if it's not RWD, coupe....meh....won't sell nearly as well. In the end, it will likely be like most other cars of this level today, very nice but overpriced. Let's hope GM gets it right. Take me back to 1987 where a GN sold for $18k and kicked the shit out of just about anything.

Maybe it's just me, but I wish somebody would offer their performance models with tons of option deletes, cloth seats, and super basic everything. Just give me the go fast shit.

I would, for example, be a buyer for a V6 bodied Mustang with no options, power nothing, and the 5.0/6-speed combo.... or something along those lines. If it knocks 5 grand off the entry price, I'm interested.

Basically I'd like the finest mechanical goodies in the cheapest, ugliest chassis you've got, and sell it to me.

Liking the idea of this since Buick is basically dead to everyone except suburban moms and older people. It'll be interesting to see if this can reignite Buick like the CTS-V did for Cadillac; it definitely has a lot to live up to, though. Now I just need 35k for that Twin Turbo V6 with the 6 speed...

Liking the idea of this since Buick is basically dead to everyone except suburban moms and older people. It'll be interesting to see if this can reignite Buick like the CTS-V did for Cadillac; it definitely has a lot to live up to, though. Now I just need 35k for that Twin Turbo V6 with the 6 speed...

I would bet you it'll be more in the range of $45k+. Look at Srt8 Chargers. Holy shit. $50k for a fucking charger? Give me a break.

four door fail

I say 4 door win.... much better suited market for a Buick, when they want to compete with european/japanese performance sedans, also a healthy replacement for the dead Pontiac G8 that was well liked.

Im sure this will be a 4000lb hog just like every other damn GM car thats supposed to be "performance" sedan.. :rolleyes:

yea, just like that hog of a CTS-V that was suppose to be a "performance" sedan... its not like it holds the production sedan lap record at the 'ring or anything when it came out... only to still sit as the 3rd fastest sedan behind a Porsche Panamera Turbo and a new WRX STI.... Yea GM sure as hell doesnt know how to make performance sedans, do they?

I say 4 door win.... much better suited market for a Buick, when they want to compete with european/japanese performance sedans, also a healthy replacement for the dead Pontiac G8 that was well liked.

yea, just like that hog of a CTS-V that was suppose to be a "performance" sedan... its not like it holds the production sedan lap record at the 'ring or anything when it came out... only to still sit as the 3rd fastest sedan behind a Porsche Panamera Turbo and a new WRX STI.... Yea GM sure as hell doesnt know how to make performance sedans, do they?

"Performance Sedans" are the problem. Why, exactly, has the coupe died? Sports cars are 2 doors, that might have something that looks like a back seat to keep the insurance companies happy, not big fat family haulers.