Well.... I guess I am keeping the car a bit longer

JuicedH22

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think?

Do you even know the difference between the z51 and zr1 gearing, and the mph per gear changes? It seems to me you dont know much about what you are talking about.

No, you do not.

I would tell you to google the difference... Long story short z51 trans ratio is idea for cars around 600hp great for 0-150 or low rolls.. Zr1 ratio is better for 50-200 and idea for cars around 900hp. Zr1 has an extremely long first gear (73mph) and has a tighter4,5,6 gear and make 6th gear useable..The 3.90 diff added to the zr1 trans is recommended for very tight road circuits while the 3.73 is best for Road racing..So as you see the z51 tied with 3.90 is a sprinter but runs out of steam.. End of 4th at 138.. That's if I had 28in tire on.. Or with my 25in streets 4th ends at 124mph... With the zr1 gearing 3.73 and 28in tire I should hit 145mph in 4th which is about what you race to in Mexico And from a 40 roll I'll still be in first in the meat of rpm instead of current 2nd at low rpm... All these numbers was from a calculator at 6500rpms.. Now do you understand why you would want a 28 in tire with3.90 gears?Do you want me to copy and paste from multiple sites so you'll understand better since I clearly don't know what I'm talking about Here hot rod? Juding by your inconsistent times I say m6... My clutch is up for sale also.. After I find a good price to sale my trans/diff I'll let you know first if your still interested.. I already found a zr1 trans but I want to make sure I don't lose much on this swap.. You might want to listen to limiller on this swap

Edited by imstock2

I would tell you to google the difference... Long story short z51 trans ratio is idea for cars around 600hp great for 0-150 or low rolls.. Zr1 ratio is better for 50-200 and idea for cars around 900hp. Zr1 has an extremely long first gear (73mph) and has a tighter4,5,6 gear and make 6th gear useable..The 3.90 diff added to the zr1 trans is recommended for very tight road circuits while the 3.73 is best for Road racing..So as you see the z51 tied with 3.90 is a sprinter but runs out of steam.. End of 4th at 138.. That's if I had 28in tire on.. Or with my 25in streets 4th ends at 124mph... With the zr1 gearing 3.73 and 28in tire I should hit 145mph in 4th which is about what you race to in Mexico And from a 40 roll I'll still be in first in the meat of rpm instead of current 2nd at low rpm... All these numbers was from a calculator at 6500rpms.. Now do you understand why you would want a 28 in tire with3.90 gears?Do you want me to copy and paste from multiple sites so you'll understand better since I clearly don't know what I'm talking about Here hot rod? Juding by your inconsistent times I say m6... My clutch is up for sale also.. After I find a good price to sale my trans/diff I'll let you know first if your still interested.. I already found a zr1 trans but I want to make sure I don't lose much on this swap.. You might want to listen to limiller on this..

It also depends what his combo is setup for max rpm. Stock redlines are roughly 6,400 with a C5 Z06, C6 Z06 is 7,100rpm and ZR1 is 6,500. I'd guess he's close to 7,000 on his all motor setup so that bumps those speeds just a bit...

Many people feel the ZR1 ratios 1-4th and Z06 ratios in 5-6th combined with 3:90 gears is a HOT ticket! ;)

I would tell you to google the difference... Long story short z51 trans ratio is idea for cars around 600hp great for 0-150 or low rolls.. Zr1 ratio is better for 50-200 and idea for cars around 900hp. Zr1 has an extremely long first gear (73mph) and has a tighter4,5,6 gear and make 6th gear useable..The 3.90 diff added to the zr1 trans is recommended for very tight road circuits while the 3.73 is best for Road racing..So as you see the z51 tied with 3.90 is a sprinter but runs out of steam.. End of 4th at 138.. That's if I had 28in tire on.. Or with my 25in streets 4th ends at 124mph... With the zr1 gearing 3.73 and 28in tire I should hit 145mph in 4th which is about what you race to in Mexico And from a 40 roll I'll still be in first in the meat of rpm instead of current 2nd at low rpm... All these numbers was from a calculator at 6500rpms.. Now do you understand why you would want a 28 in tire with3.90 gears?Do you want me to copy and paste from multiple sites so you'll understand better since I clearly don't know what I'm talking about Here hot rod? Juding by your inconsistent times I say m6... My clutch is up for sale also.. After I find a good price to sale my trans/diff I'll let you know first if your still interested.. I already found a zr1 trans but I want to make sure I don't lose much on this swap.. You might want to listen to limiller on this swap

Stop telling me what you think is best for what....

What gears do you use at Mid-Ohio? Putnam? Nelson? WG? VIR? I will try to stick to your most local track... what are you doing coming out of turn 5? What are you doing after the keyhole, and peak before braking into 7? What are you doing coming out of 7 and 11? What's your logger telling you?

Can you answer any of htose? Or are you just another guy regurgitating what you hear on the internet, but have never actually tracked enough to know WTF you are doing?

When you have half as much seat time, data, and track experience as I do... you can lecture me all you want about proper gearing, and what works, and what doesnt.

Sorry if I sound like a dick, but it is getting old having you try to lecture me on racing....

Please tell me more about how fast you are and your track experience .. I don't know quite much about road racing as you claim.. I could care less... I go off what other people have tried and already learned the goods/bads of. When was we talking about road racing until now? You started off talking about a track with time slips.. I told you I had a drive train for sale and what i was planning on doing and you went on claiming I don't know what I was talking about... You gear the car for the type of racing you do and for the power your making... My car is currently under geared for the power it was making but when I was h/c it was a perfect combo.. I tell you what.. I'm not fond of bench racing so I'm out of this thread.. Once we both get our vehicles up an going (this summer) you can show me how fast you are then.. As big of a no2 shot you want .. Don't sweat it I can't drive.. I run 12's

Out of curiosity why don't you build a big Cubic in stroker moter and make more torque and lose the need forto as much nitrous or nitrous all together. Bottle fills gotta get old

because a 416 stroker will get me about 40 ft-lbs of tq more than I make (though more area under curve, yes) and maybe 20 more HP peak.... I get MUCH more than that with spray...

I also feel I have plenty of power for what i have on the street with 376ci... going w/ a stroker just seems unnecessary for me and the amount of money I care to put into the car...

Once we both get our vehicles up an going (this summer) you can show me how fast you are then.. As big of a no2 shot you want .. Don't sweat it I can't drive.. I run 12's

I am sure, clearly being related to Dragon Vette, you will be ready for the streets. You better hope that TT kit works out well.

Please tell me more about how fast you are and your track experience .. I don't know quite much about road racing as you claim.. I could care less... I go off what other people have tried and already learned the goods/bads of. When was we talking about road racing until now? You started off talking about a track with time slips.. I told you I had a drive train for sale and what i was planning on doing and you went on claiming I don't know what I was talking about... You gear the car for the type of racing you do and for the power your making... My car is currently under geared for the power it was making but when I was h/c it was a perfect combo.. I tell you what.. I'm not fond of bench racing so I'm out of this thread.. Once we both get our vehicles up an going (this summer) you can show me how fast you are then.. As big of a no2 shot you want .. Don't sweat it I can't drive.. I run 12's

http://mlkshk.com/r/GGZW