Car of the Year: Go BRZ

Xyster101

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compare a used STI to the BRZ then, stock vs stock I would be willing to bet the STI outperforms the BRZ.

Well, according to that data, around Willow Springs, the BRZ is 1:30, whereas the 07 STI was 1:34.

http://images.wikia.com/theamazingworldofgumball/images/7/7c/Creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-how-fascinating-please-go-on-20381e.jpg

Interesting indeed ; coincidence you didn't point out the slower examples I think not.

Impressive time never the less. It is noted sti ran opposite direction. Can't deny the fact that the brz is running within a second or so of much pricier and higher HP cars at willow

If we're talking 100% straight-up stock-for-stock the STI will get the best track times, no argument. My STI also cost 10K more than my BRZ.

Here's a question for you:

Do you wish you owned a Nissan GTR or McLaren MP4-12C so you could drive them?

If we're talking 100% straight-up stock-for-stock the STI will get the best track times, no argument. My STI also cost 10K more than my BRZ.

Here's a question for you:

Do you wish you owned a Nissan GTR or McLaren MP4-12C so you could drive them?

Tough choice mclaren imo wins looks wise. The mclaren has more HP and higher top speed out of the box.

The gtr has a friendlier HP to $ ratio with competing tuners one of which is local Switzer who I am rather fond of.

I would choose GTR. And you?

Tough choice mclaren imo wins looks wise. The mclaren has more HP and higher top speed out of the box.

The gtr has a friendlier HP to $ ratio with competing tuners one of which is local Switzer who I am rather fond of.

I would choose GTR. And you?

Hmm, that was worded poorly apparently, it wasn't an either-or question, but a yes/no. But I'll accept that as a yes.

Personally I wouldn't want to own either to drive. As technical achievements, they are amazing and deserving of a lot of praise. But reviews have universally panned both as being rather lifeless when it comes to driving. They are so busy driving FOR you, that you never feel like you're part of the experience. Even Randy Pobst, a Professional circuit racer, said the McLaren was so good at doing everything for you that he would just chuck it into a turn and let the computers sort it out.

The reason why I asked the question is nail down how you perceive "performance" and what you may expect from a "performance" car. My definition is different from yours.

To me a "performance" car needs to handle well, be responsive to my inputs, and communicate back to me what it going on. Being quick around a track is important, but that's not all of the picture in my opinion. I want to be involved in the driving process. I want the car to feel like an extension of myself, not some thing I'm just controlling.

So when you ask me, "Owning both which do you think performs better?" I will answer the BRZ.

When I got my STI, I thought it was a very responsive car. After upgrading the suspension to the point it is now, I thought it was a fantasticly responsive car and very communicative. But when I got the BRZ, I realized there was an entire level above my STI in those respects. Now it feels dull and kinda unresponsive. It does what I ask it to, but not with the alacrity of the BRZ.

The BRZ is the better performing sportscar in my opinon.

Technically, I think Jayfressh is correct. While his car is on jack stands with the wheels off it's elevated above ground and has more potential energy than any of your cars that are firmly planted on the ground. When it falls off his jack stands this potential energy will be converted to kinetic energy (just enough energy to smash hopes and dreams). At that time your vehicles will finally have equal potential energy, but until that day comes he's still in the lead.

People don't buy the FRS/BRZ for pure performance numbers. They buy it because they enjoy the driving experience. Something you don't have to worry about in a Chrysler.

People don't buy the FRS/BRZ for pure performance numbers. They buy it because they enjoy the driving experience. Something you don't have to worry about in a Chrysler.

Chrysler isn't a terrible platform rwd; 4g63 powered ; no traction control; IRS suspensions

I love me some bench racing.. I'm sure glad some of yal can read the brochure of the car's or you wouldn't know anything about them. So how's the SOP feel with car and drivers top pick while your getting walked hard by a stock f150 ecoboost on the highway? Just curious

I love me some bench racing.. I'm sure glad some of yal can read the brochure of the car's or you wouldn't know anything about them. So how's the SOP feel with car and drivers top pick while your getting walked hard by a stock f150 ecoboost on the highway? Just curious

Aww, the little troll trying to rustle some jimmies.. :lolguy: You've got a LONG way to go with efforts like that. But I'm sure some of the big trolls around here will take you under their wing and give you some pointers if you ask nicely.

But hey, I'll be nice. It feels pretty darn good because straight line performance is so far from what this car is about. Anyone who judges a car by that sole metric will undoubtedly miss the point of this car and not be impressed. And frankly, I don't give a shit about impressing that type of person.

But if you're looking to race, let's go meet on Rt 555. I'll bring the BRZ, you can bring your F-150.

I'm curious if a f150 Ecoboost stock b/e can pull a brz faster than a stock brz could accelerate from 0-100.. Now that's something to see! Any 12 sec desil would do the job with out question.. You tell me that wouldn't make for a great video? Truck with brz on trailer vs brz from 0-100mph. Think it should be in there promo video

I am curious where you think the F-150 Ecoboost will just run away from the BRZ. Car and Driver put them both at 6.1sec 0-60. Seems to me it'd be far from a foregone conclusion, not to mention that putting an additional 3000+lbs load on the engine would make it a pretty sure loser in that race.

So..... ?

Because car n driver claimed it then it must be true! Stock b/e means the truck can have w/e mods besides touching the bottom end.. Think about it. It won't need a race truck to pull a brz faster then a brz can accelerate.

Wouldn't one of those BRZs with a turbo kit putting down, if I'm remembering right, 500whp be a 'stock B/E'.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. By the way, not everything needs shortened. 'stock B/E' has to be one of the dumbest shortenings I've seen in a while. So my conclusion is you are just stupid.

Comparing 20 year old Japanese pony cars to a new BRZ as a cost comparison. Now talking about how a very highly modified truck would be faster than a stock BRZ. Can we just delete this thread, or at least everything after the first couple of post?

Edited by Trouble Maker

Because car n driver claimed it then it must be true! Stock b/e means the truck can have w/e mods besides touching the bottom end.. Think about it. It won't need a race truck to pull a brz faster then a brz can accelerate.

I'm just picturing all the others in the thread watching you spiral down, down, down. This has got to be pretty entertaining for the peanut gallery.

Ok, now we want to talk mods. Might I recommend doing some homework before going on a trolling excursion?

Here's a stock bottom end BRZ:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17655&stc=1&d=1350109821

This isn't a dyno queen either as Don daily drives this. It also isn't the only BRZ over 500rwhp out there. And they're not just using the stock bottom end, but the top as well. The only changes the engine needs to handle a turbo kit at 20psi is E85, fuel pump/port injectors, a MAP sensor, and an ECU tune.

The offer to do 555 still stands, and I don't even have a turbo kit. I'll even let you take lead.

Wouldn't one of those BRZs with a turbo kit putting down, if I'm remembering right, 500whp be a 'stock B/E'.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. By the way, not everything needs shortened. 'stock B/E' has to be one of the dumbest shortenings I've seen in a while. So my conclusion is you are just stupid.

Comparing 20 year old Japanese pony cars to a new BRZ as a cost comparison. Now talking about how a very highly modified truck would be faster than a stock BRZ. Can we just delete this thread, or at least everything after the first couple of post?

Boss man.. I already know a stock f150 ecoboost will walk the brz.. I'm talking about a slightly modded ecoboost pullying a brz faster on a trailer the a stock brz.

Is this really happening?

CR winter in full effect.

Gotta love CR winter. Did I seriously just read 'a modified 12 sec diesel truck would be faster than a stock BRZ' as a reason why the BRZ sucks? Hopefully I just misunderstood the point trying to be made...

Gotta love CR winter. Did I seriously just read 'a modified 12 sec diesel truck would be faster than a stock BRZ' as a reason why the BRZ sucks? Hopefully I just misunderstood the point trying to be made...

You missed the bigger argument by king idiot that he could beat a BRZ while towing a BRZ with a modified Ecoboost truck.

It's always too stupid to believe.