Car of the Year: Go BRZ

Xyster101

I think they're awesome cars, I've never sat in or drove one but the way they look are refreshingly original.

That said, I would rather have a C4 Corvette and pocket the 10,000 dollars saving.

Even I, the consummate "hater" would rather have a BRZ.

C4's are for poor old people.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love CR winter. Did I seriously just read 'a modified 12 sec diesel truck would be faster than a stock BRZ' as a reason why the BRZ sucks? Hopefully I just misunderstood the point trying to be made...

You Mis read... Again. 12 sec diesel truck would tow a brz (that's a brz on trailer) faster to 100mph then what a brz does stock? Cute chick cars

You Mis read... Again. 12 sec diesel truck would tow a brz (that's a brz on trailer) faster to 100mph then what a brz does stock? Cute chick cars

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf78cbQkM21qaa34so1_500.jpg

I'm at such a loss here. I'm almost able to believe you're an Epic Level troll at this point, because the alternative is just too depressing to contemplate.

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1356035576996533392.jpg

Again?

I guess the real question is, if a modified diesel truck could beat a stock BRZ 0-100 mph while pulling a trailer, who the fuck cares? The BRZ isn't built for straight line speed. Ya know, I bet the diesel truck can fit more in the bed than the BRZ can in it's trunk too. That car's a total piece of shit.

The funny thing to me about this argument is that the biggest reason I didn't buy an FRS is because I know I would want to modify it. The car, however, is so perfect stock that I'm afraid I would just ruin it. After driving the FRS even with the low power engine I wouldn't change a thing about it.

What's up with people wanting to add monster power or V8's to cars that were never meant to have them anyways? :D

The funny thing to me about this argument is that the biggest reason I didn't buy an FRS is because I know I would want to modify it. The car, however, is so perfect stock that I'm afraid I would just ruin it. After driving the FRS even with the low power engine I wouldn't change a thing about it.

What's up with people wanting to add monster power or V8's to cars that were never meant to have them anyways? :D

I see what you did there... ;)

As an ultimate hooner, it's darn near perfect stock. Changing the suspension and tires changes that aspect.

But the upside is that it matures a little bit and becomes a fantastic handling car. If I could get over voiding the powertrain warranty, an E85 tune, intake, and exhaust would get me at 200+rwhp. And coupling that with a CF driveshaft, lightweight flywheel, clutch, and pulley, and this thing would be a surprising screamer.

Though I think a tuned FR-S would be a bit redundant with your FD.

I see what you did there... ;)

As an ultimate hooner, it's darn near perfect stock. Changing the suspension and tires changes that aspect.

But the upside is that it matures a little bit and becomes a fantastic handling car. If I could get over voiding the powertrain warranty, an E85 tune, intake, and exhaust would get me at 200+rwhp. And coupling that with a CF driveshaft, lightweight flywheel, clutch, and pulley, and this thing would be a surprising screamer.

Though I think a tuned FR-S would be a bit redundant with your FD.

Yeah, haha. The thing I really liked about the FRS was that you can have such fun in it at low speeds with a very forgiving limit. Much more relaxing and free spirited experience than driving a more powerful car at higher speeds to do the same things.

You are a turdburger. And in case you "Mis read" that, Im implying that you are a piece of shit between two halves of a bun.

So I did some diggin in on the brz.. 160whp and 140tq .. Weighs around 2760lbs.. Explains why they handle great.. Car don't make enough power to do anything.. 0-60 7.3 1/4 15.3(coming from auto blog) what's the brz nurburgring lap time? I judge how well a car can perform from those lap times.. So you pay 25k for a car that can only "perform" around a corner but still gets beat by trucks on the streets and have a 0-60mph time of a mini van. I'm still confused how car n driver voted it to be the top car.. I think they miss printed it and ment top girl car.. Even then I believe they was paid off.. Then again looking at there top 10 pick.. Kinda not impressed at all

So I did some diggin in on the brz.. 160whp and 140tq .. Weighs around 2760lbs.. Explains why they handle great.. Car don't make enough power to do anything.. 0-60 7.3 1/4 15.3(coming from auto blog) what's the brz nurburgring lap time? I judge how well a car can perform from those lap times.. So you pay 25k for a car that can only "perform" around a corner but still gets beat by trucks on the streets and have a 0-60mph time of a mini van. I'm still confused how car n driver voted it to be the top car.. I think they miss printed it and ment top girl car.. Even then I believe they was paid off.. Then again looking at there top 10 pick.. Kinda not impressed at all

So here's a mind blowing thought. What if you put this 12 second truck (thats obviously modified) against a BRZ that has been modified to go faster than stock as well?

So here's a mind blowing thought. What if you put this 12 second truck (thats obviously modified) against a BRZ that has been modified to go faster than stock as well?

A 12 second truck towing a brz on a trailer vs a stock brz.. I'm not talking about a just modified truck that runs 12 vs a brz.. That truck towing a brz will run a faster 0-100 then a shameful brz on his way to the track so he can then unload his brz to go corner like a boss. I can't Barnie it more than that. I would lol watching a truck towing the same car it's racing and just burn it while keeping up with it in a mini van. ? Is... Would you sell your car if a truck just towed the same vehicle faster to 100mph from a dig than what your 160hp car could muster?

A 12 second truck towing a brz on a trailer vs a stock brz.. I'm not talking about a just modified truck that runs 12 vs a brz.. That truck towing a brz will run a faster 0-100 then a shameful brz on his way to the track so he can then unload his brz to go corner like a boss. I can't Barnie it more than that. I would lol watching a truck towing the same car it's racing and just burn it while keeping up with it in a mini van. ? Is... Would you sell your car if a truck just towed the same vehicle faster to 100mph from a dig than what your 160hp car could muster?

So are you like rain man retarded or swingblade retarded. Im having trouble figuring out which.

So are you like rain man retarded or swingblade retarded. Im having trouble figuring out which.

Thats about enough out of you two, take it to the kitchen and sling all the bullshit you want.

I can't figure it out either. I'm not sure if he's one of the best trolls I've ever seen, capable of playing a long game, or if he's really that oblivious and totally ego-centric. I'm just having trouble believing a troll is capable of a Long Game like this. Even CR's pro-trolls can't last more than a half day.

So I guess I have to vote this guy as legit. God have mercy on his soul.