12/26 Winter Weather - Pg. 3, Post 70 on.

Crossle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was over hyped, it was strong enough to bring up some warmer air which caused some sleet, and a second low formed on the coast which transferred some of the energy. That wasn't shown by any of the forecasting models. Those 2 reasons are main ones why we didn't get as much as predicted.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/27/edusu3yg.jpg

I don't think it was over hyped, it was strong enough to bring up some warmer air which caused some sleet, and a second low formed on the coast which transferred some of the energy. That wasn't shown by any of the forecasting models. Those 2 reasons are main ones why we didn't get as much as predicted.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/27/edusu3yg.jpg

Exactly this.

I'm going to back off slightly on my bashing of the weather forecasters. It took until about 7:00 PM, but we finally did get our 6 inches of snow. Thankfully it was on the low end of what they had said we'd get. On the other hand, it was our first significant snow in almost 3 years and I actually had to shovel my driveway.... :(

I was heading South from Memphis during this. I usually go through Mobile; that televised tornado hit when I would have been driving through. We stopped in a hotel just north of Montgomery only to huddle in the lobby bathroom as a small tornado hit 3 miles south.

It wasn't over hyped for us.

I was heading South from Memphis during this. I usually go through Mobile; that televised tornado hit when I would have been driving through. We stopped in a hotel just north of Montgomery only to huddle in the lobby bathroom as a small tornado hit 3 miles south.

It wasn't over hyped for us.

tornadoes are no joke. I'm glad things worked out.

What exactly are rumblings?

Usually that means you've eaten something you regret, or you need to eat something you are going to regret.

While we were out for lunch today, the waitress mentioned something about it. Then the table behind us began discussing it as well. It was almost as annoying as hearing OH-IO during football season.

Snowmageddon Round 2?

Winter Weather Advisory for Columbiana, OH

Updated Dec 28, 2012, 4:15pm EST

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 3 PM EST SATURDAY...

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE AREA LATE TONIGHT WITH AN INCH POSSIBLE BY DAWN. LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL INTO THE AFTERNOON WITH AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 3 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROADS.

* TEMPERATURES... IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT SNOWFALL WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITY. REPORT SNOW ACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE