12/26 Winter Weather - Pg. 3, Post 70 on.

Crossle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the roads in Columbus currently? I'm thinking of driving through down to Cincinnati today. Are the road conditions of any concern, or is just like usual the incompetent Columbus drivers over-reacting?

Bad enough it seems to where UPS is delaying shipment of gifts to my family.

How are the roads in Columbus currently? I'm thinking of driving through down to Cincinnati today. Are the road conditions of any concern, or is just like usual the incompetent Columbus drivers over-reacting?

It's Ohio, you throw a glass of water on the road and they forget how to drive.

Columbus is fine - I just got home from Akron-Canton area, I-71 from Rt 61 (Marengo) down to 36/37 (Delaware) was an ice rink. Most of the freeways were fine, but then a snow squall would come up and overwhelm the salt and for a couple of miles - PANIC!!!!! - then back to normal.

I did see a newer Mercedes 4-Matic with temp tags trying to slalom threough trafffic, my only disapointment was not seeing it in a ditch later....

Edited by craig71188

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/22/uqa6uvar.jpg

Latest GFS snowfall forecast for the upcoming post Christmas storm. Eric Elwell thinks some of this could fall Christmas Eve....

Ill reserves this for closer inpsection later.. but if i see that right..

*SQUEE* :D

Due for more, Possibly a little Monday night and then Tuesday night into Wednesday. That model I posted is POSSIBLE 6-9 inches, just know it can change, we should know where this storm IS going Sunday night.

Hopefully all here. All I have to do until the 2nd is drink

Weather nerd update?

Chris Bradley Posted this Earlier today..

He said at this moment he is thinking it may go north of us, and we will get sleet and freezing rain.

243551_10151403360039416_2060348321_o.png

He seems to be a lot more weather nerdy than other local station weather guys

ust checking some of the latest forecast models coming in this afternoon I’m becoming concerned that we may have to deal with a multi-faceted storm. Some of the models this afternoon are coming in a bit warmer which could lead to a little less snow but could lead to more sleet or even freezing rain/ice. Here is what one of the models is suggesting for accumulation of freezing rain. Just a little bit of freezing rain could lead to some big problems even if we do get less snow.

There is still a lot uncertainty on the exact track of this storm and a lot could change over the next few days so stay tuned!