Soon to be new..

levid

My names Levi im looking at moving to Columbus sometime in the near future. I have 4 daughters and a Nova im building. Im on theturboforums and have a build thread heres a link:

http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/364457-the-slow-poor-boy-build-Nova-money-pit

Im a painter/body guy full time. I've tried to make a go of it here in oklahoma but my current wife and I are splitting up and im getting back together with my exwife whos in Columbus... <-- No im not a jerry springer show or white trash... Im very clean and dress well.. lol.. Im a nice guy always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it and im a big gear head.. Thats about it. Im new to the site obviously but Im not an internet trash talker so please be advised I dont take well to it either. Talk is cheap in my book and I have no problem hitting someone with a book or two... :)

• Upvote 2

Btw whats the deal with all the cheap fix it houses on craigslist.. Ive found alot of houses for 9-17k with a seperate garage that wouldnt take much except some drywall and comestics to be nice... Im hopeing I can jump into one of these headfirst.. i'd be all into that.

I'll help you out with some embedded pics as I think you'll fit in just fine on CR once you get going.....

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u678/leviblevins/100_1208_zps680cab7d.jpg

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u678/leviblevins/100_1201_zpsc77f95d5.jpg

Welcome. Typically these houses you refer to are in bad neighborhoods when listed at that price.

yeah ive noticed most are but ive found a few that are decent. Im not really to worried as long as its not in the ghetto.. I have GUNS.. They work well theives dont like walls of lead :)

nice car

Thanks... From the day the blasted it top, bottom inside and out it took me 5 days to have it where it is now. Btw its mini tubbed and im finishing up my gbody quadralink rearend install so I can buy any 9" (quickperformance) rearend and bolt in.. Using a 10bolt for mock and to start driving. I have a few ls engines laying around Im going to do a forged 5.3 ms1 and my big garrett, full interior street car im tired of cages. It still needs a black vinyl top and cf full length hood and finish the interior. Im thinking of dropping the 454 I have back in to just drive while I move but might go ahead and button her up now with the 5.3 not sure yet..

There are a bunch of cheapo houses to fix up around Children's Hospital. Yeah it is pretty ghetto, but the hospital and other programs have been buying them for near-nothing, gutting them to the toothpicks, and rebuilding them. They then sell them...seems like they sell them to decent people, and the trash seems to be getting nudged out of there.

You could potentially buy one of the ones not yet purchased by them and fix it up...then you'll be in an overall nice place for less money. Still gotta lock your shit up tight, but common sense goes a long way!

welcome

Beautiful car. I want to see it when yours is done and you line up with Dan (TurboNova).

With 4 daughters are you sure you want to be moving into Columbus City Schools? Might be worth poking your nose around and finding out which school they would be attending and what the record is at the school.

There are a bunch of cheapo houses to fix up around Children's Hospital. Yeah it is pretty ghetto, but the hospital and other programs have been buying them for near-nothing, gutting them to the toothpicks, and rebuilding them. They then sell them...seems like they sell them to decent people, and the trash seems to be getting nudged out of there.

You could potentially buy one of the ones not yet purchased by them and fix it up...then you'll be in an overall nice place for less money. Still gotta lock your shit up tight, but common sense goes a long way!

welcome

I'm just a little south of Children's and you're right. People are buying these houses up and remodeling them and holding onto them because the price of property in that area is on an upward hike, soon. Word is, the City is looking to put some money into that part of town, as well.

I'm just a little south of Children's and you're right. People are buying these houses up and remodeling them and holding onto them because the price of property in that area is on an upward hike, soon. Word is, the City is looking to put some money into that part of town, as well.

When I was looking for a first house to buy like 7yrs or so ago, Childrens Hospital was one area I looked at because I like the architecture of big older houses. The I saw how the local homeboys were looking at me as I drove through and thought, "Yeah, i'm good."

I ended up buying a HUD house on N Broadway right off Cleveland Ave. And yes, Cleveland Ave is hood as all get out, especially about a miles south from N Broadway, but seemed leaps and bounds better than what I was seeing by Childrens.

But then again, that was like 7yrs ago so maybe things have changed.

When I was looking for a first house to buy like 7yrs or so ago, Childrens Hospital was one area I looked at because I like the architecture of big older houses. The I saw how the local homeboys were looking at me as I drove through and thought, "Yeah, i'm good."

I ended up buying a HUD house on N Broadway right off Cleveland Ave. And yes, Cleveland Ave is hood as all get out, especially about a miles south from N Broadway, but seemed leaps and bounds better than what I was seeing by Childrens.

But then again, that was like 7yrs ago so maybe things have changed.

I'd say from 7 years ago and now, it's come around quite a bit. If you haven't seen the new Children's hospital and the new schools they built in the area, you're in for a surprise. Anymore, if you stay west of Parsons and closer to High St. where I'm at, it's relatively quiet and people leave you alone. East of Parsons and it can be pretty sketch. Thankfully I'm only leasing a house in the Merion Village area, but I wouldn't want anything to do with the North Broadway area in comparison.

If you haven't seen the new Children's hospital and the new schools they built in the area, you're in for a surprise.

Working downtown, I see that new school they built on Fourth Street just north of I-70...and it's amazingly ridonk.

1) UA has excellent schooling, housed in bldgs from the '60s.

2) C'Bus has crap schooling, in new $$$multi-million bldgs.

3) I get taxed both ways.

4) NO PROFIT. :(