Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't hate on Oregon. I'm a fan of their panache. Some of their uniforms make me have seizures, but they do what they do.

I can't stand the different uniform changes per game or whatever it is there, as a Buckeye fan I'll take the tradition over the flash

I can't stand the different uniform changes per game or whatever it is there, as a Buckeye fan I'll take the tradition over the flash

You being serious? You do understand that OSU has sold out in recent years with the combat uniforms right? They'll be wearing them again at some point this year. Hell even this year they changed the regular uniforms yet again (buckeye leaves on the collar) not to mention one of the schools colors isnt even on the damn jersey anymore (gray). I think the tradition days are on their way out, read through this thread and you'll see, uniforms land you recruits. That is just the world we live in today, apparently uniforms mean more to a kid than traditions.

You just said on the last page that they have no tradition. THIS is their tradition. They are Nike U and Nike pumps out new uniforms for them whenever the feel like it.

Yeah, it doesn't date back to the 30's like Script Ohio or anything but it's what they have. Their thing is being on the cutting edge of everything they can be. Facilities, equipment, etc., etc. All unmatched.

Some of their stuff is butt ugly, some is really slick. You're going to have that when you change almost every game.

You being serious? You do understand that OSU has sold out in recent years with the combat uniforms right? They'll be wearing them again at some point this year. Hell even this year they changed the regular uniforms yet again (buckeye leaves on the collar) not to mention one of the schools colors isnt even on the damn jersey anymore (gray). I think the tradition days are on their way out, read through this thread and you'll see, uniforms land you recruits. That is just the world we live in today, apparently uniforms mean more to a kid than traditions.

I dunno why people go on this rant. OSU isn't Penn State. The uniforms have changed many times ove the past 60 years. There was no gray on the jerseys in the 50's.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xHjP1chJYqM/TG_iphmEGXI/AAAAAAAAAoU/od9_1OdKo-I/s400/Ohio+State.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/Larrymb/hopalong-1.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5161/evolution2.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6161/373014398990769c5e8ao.jpg

You poor thing, do you want your 6 secs back??

Watching the Rose Bowl re-air as well, good game.

Nope, I actually dig those uni's. I am in the same boat as Tilley on this. I was merely pointing out the fact that Oregon pretty much never wears the same uniform twice, so, people are ALWAYS talking about the "new uniforms".

I am all for traditions, but I don't think it extends to uniforms, really. We could wear all grey for the first game, and guess what, we would still be playing in the shoe, you would still see script ohio, and a sousaphone player would still dot the "I". None of that is affected in the least bit by what we wear on the field. I love seeing OSU mix it up with the Pro Combat Uni's.

Nope, I actually dig those uni's. I am in the same boat as Tilley on this. I was merely pointing out the fact that Oregon pretty much never wears the same uniform twice, so, people are ALWAYS talking about the "new uniforms".

I am all for traditions, but I don't think it extends to uniforms, really. We could wear all grey for the first game, and guess what, we would still be playing in the shoe, you would still see script ohio, and a sousaphone player would still dot the "I". None of that is affected in the least bit by what we wear on the field. I love seeing OSU mix it up with the Pro Combat Uni's.

The only real tradition with the uniforms is the basic overall theme. I like them changing things here and there. I mean as long as we dont end up with a Uni with a giant Brutus face on the front, im all for it.

a couple weeks away and counting. i'll be at wild wings cafe in hilton head for the first two games getting hammered. its becoming a yearly tradition--get my brother in law as drunk as possible, and piss my wife off while she's watching the kids at the pool.

I can be a Buckeye fan and still like Oregon. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

there's no rule that says you can't

the OSU combat jerseys have honored a NC team, Oregon only shows that their next uniform CAN be uglier than the previous.

You just said on the last page that they have no tradition. THIS is their tradition. They are Nike U and Nike pumps out new uniforms for them whenever the feel like it.

Yeah, it doesn't date back to the 30's like Script Ohio or anything but it's what they have. Their thing is being on the cutting edge of everything they can be. Facilities, equipment, etc., etc. All unmatched.

Some of their stuff is butt ugly, some is really slick. You're going to have that when you change almost every game.

If that's what THEY wanna call tradition then so be it but No one says "I" have to like it :)

I know this is probably a long shot, but here goes. I'm currently stuck at Lackland AFB in San Antonio. I'll be here until the end of September and I really need somewhere to watch Ohio State games. I don't have a car, but I can deal with the annoying hobo's on the buses, and cab fare, if it means I can watch Ohio State. So do any of you know of a place in San Antonio that would be Ohio State friendly?

Yikes. That is getting a bit wacky, with exactly ZERO games played.

Yeah I could maybe understand that hype for him if he puts up an amazing 3 to 4 games opening the season. The no freshman thing with the Heisman was blown up with Manzell but I still think they need to prove themselves at first and for several games before I'd even mention them. I hope sincerely though that he is that good!

Pavo

I think he's definitely a good one but at this point I'm worried about all the hype going to his head. He seems rather confident though so it probably just sounds like all the things he tells himself already...lol.

Some quotes from Dontre from Sunday's media day...

"I pretty much set the standard. Most players weren't looking at Ohio State, but now that I'm here, everyone is."

Wilson, when asked if he's bringing SEC speed to Ohio State, said, "I didn't think the SEC had that much speed."

Wilson expects to "take it to the house, the first touch I get."

Hear anything else about Rod Smith being suspended? All I've heard is that Bobby Carpenter said it on the radio and it was a slip of the tongue

Yeah, it seems like it wasn't supposed to be public. I think someone made a thread about it on Scout and it was deleted/refuted at first then nevada made a thread titled "Apologies to Bobby Carpenter" and said he is out for the opener. Still haven't seen a reason. nevada said it seems like a suspension that was kind of going to be like the team goes out onto the field and someone asks, "Oh hey where's Rod? Huh..." and that's the end of it...lol.

Sucks that he can't seem to keep everything together. Had a good chance to do something with Hyde out and instead someone like Dunn, Ball or Zeke may step up and grab the spotlight in game 1.

I sure hope these freshman can play, everyone and their mother has crowned them king already. I can't stand getting on scout half the time cause it's always "which freshman starts" or threads simliar. It'll be the same thing next year when the new class comes in, the older guys will suddenly be forgotten about and the need to worry about the future will begin again haha.