Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

As others have said, a strong Michigan/Wisconsin/Penn State may be our only hope.

Michigan is pretty heavily favored (maybe not by betting terms, but my "analysts") this weekend against Notre Dame. Curious to see how they match up against a decent team. Our first test isn't until Cal, and still that won't be that bad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fave of the 2000's behind 2002 and 2006 was the Beanie Wells and Vernon Gholston show in 2007.

I thought it wasn't a very good game. Henne and Hart banged up, was a steady mist coming down the whole game, OSU ran the ball about 800 times.

Beanie was an absolute warrior that day though. He had what? A sprained knee, a broken bone in his wrist, a bone bruise on his shin? All kinds of shit. Carried it almost 40 times for over 200 yards.

He ended up with a bit of a reputation for not knowing the difference between being "hurt" and being injured but that game he balled out with very real injuries.

But I guess that's the difference between being a sophomore and being a junior in your money year.

was a steady mist coming down the whole game, OSU ran the ball about 800 times.
Perfect OSU vs Michigan weather and gameplan ;)

Beanie was an absolute warrior that day though. He had what? A sprained knee, a broken bone in his wrist, a bone bruise on his shin? All kinds of shit. Carried it almost 40 times for over 200 yards.

He ended up with a bit of a reputation for not knowing the difference between being "hurt" and being injured but that game he balled out with very real injuries.

But I guess that's the difference between being a sophomore and being a junior in your money year.

Let's not forget that it was OSU vs Michigan for the B1G championship and a Rose Bowl berth. The NC game wasn't even a thought for OSU at the time

http://media.cleveland.com/osu-michigan/photo/11856954-mmmain.jpg

nevada posted a nice metric OSU is using to grade offensive efficiency.

For the first 17 plays of the game, OSU's offense had a 91.1% efficiency rating.

Rest of the game? 73.8%.

What changed on the 18th play? 5th year senior center and team captain Corey Linsley went out of the game (as planned due to rehabbing an injury) and was replaced by true sophomore Jacoby Boren.

I think Boren didn't do too bad all things considered and may end up contributing more than I expected (dumb to doubt any Boren I guess) but a 3 year difference in experience, training, conditioning, etc. definitely seemed to show.

Barnett provides the Buckeyes leadership as well as a run stopper in force support. Roby and Barnett's return allows the defense to play a greater variety of coverages and provides more freedom to Ohio State's front seven. With Roby, Barnett, Christian Bryant and Grant the Buckeyes have one of the best defensive backfield's in the country. As such, some of the mistakes against Buffalo will hopefully be corrected by the return of multiple key Buckeye defenders.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/09/25546/ohio-state-football-buffalo-defensive-breakdown

Obviously my name is Ross Fulton, amirite?

People talk about delusional fans, but the most delusional fans on Reddit are the UC fans, by far.

Me- You guys arent gonna keep a coach until you have big boy facilities

UCDad- WE HAVE THE GREATEST STADIUM IN THE WORLD ASSHOLE

I agree that there are definitely delusional UC fans... but no more so than a LOT of teams...

I do hear quite a bit from friends "man UC should be ranked!!!" To which I say...

"not really, watching the game, Purdue looked HORRIBLE more than UC looking stout (though they did look really good)" but the biggest reason is the shit piss poor schedule... even if we go undefeated, I wouldn't be surprised if we didnt get ranked, because we would have played no one really this year, other than 2-3 teams... MAYBE if you count them. Only way I see us ranked at all is with no more than 1 and maybe maybe maybe 2 losses AND we have to beat Louisville.

PS, our stadium is holding us back for sure... but it is a pretty awesome and historical tiny stadium....

the only crazy bearcat fan statement I will hang my hat on, that i have said before, is that only Alabama, Oregon, and Oklahoma have more wins than UC in 5 seasons... and while this season is lame, and we had a horrible BCS loss (that i argue anyone would have done poor in the same situation), there were SEVERAL signature/solid wins in those 5 seasons.

Yep, $90 for the screenprint, $120 for the stitched on letters, only numbers "5" and "10" were available when I looked. Hockey jersey $130.

Maybe if they were made in America I could convince myself to justify the cost, not for Indonesian made(or wherever).

Yep, $90 for the screenprint, $120 for the stitched on letters, only numbers "5" and "10" were available when I looked. Hockey jersey $130.

Maybe if they were made in America I could convince myself to justify the cost, not for Indonesian made(or wherever).

The hockey jersies are tits

Apparently OSU commit Jalyn Holmes was ejected from his HS game tonight. Wound up his leg and straight kicked another player on the field. Looks like he'll miss 2 more games based on his league's rules regarding these things as well.

And OSU's QB commit has been tearing it up so far this season. Had something like 6 TD's last week and had another beastly game tonight... 4 TD's in the first half.

Apparently OSU commit Jalyn Holmes was ejected from his HS game tonight. Wound up his leg and straight kicked another player on the field. Looks like he'll miss 2 more games based on his league's rules regarding these things as well.

And OSU's QB commit has been tearing it up so far this season. Had something like 6 TD's last week and had another beastly game tonight... 4 TD's in the first half.

Think he'll have his offer pulled? Also reading that Roby is listed as backup on the depth chart, I really don't understand that if true.

Nah, not worth pulling an offer. It's not a legal issue. Just a dumb play that's going to cost the kid some games his senior year of HS.

Roby and Reeves were listed as co-starters on the depth chart. Players missing time due to injury or suspension have to earn their spot back in practice. Can't just walk back into a starting spot.