Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude was suspended 3 games for something he shouldn't have been and basically carried the team to victory (no pun), emotions do funny things to people sometimes. IF anyone should be crying, it should be Roby for getting his ass burnt once again all night. Lets hear the excuses as to why he was missing tackles and having WR's put up career numbers for a 2nd week in a row. It's a good thing OSU was playing Northwestern, a team they can beat just cause they have more talent. If this was any other top 10 team, OSU would've gotten rolled. I wouldn't be shocked to see OSU drop in the polls tomorrow, I think they and Georgia both should and Florida State should move up.

Oh well, 6-0...on to the next one

I don't "hate" him, I am just highly dissapointed with how he has played this year. He is not tackling very well at all and has gotten burnt several times in man coverage.

If it makes you feel better, the entire secondary sucks right now. Here's some stats for ya that I just found on scout which surprised me

Iemian: 13/18, 245, 2 TD, 1 INT

Colter: 12/12, 98, 0 TD, 0 INT

Combined: 25/30, 343, 2 TD, 1 INT

^^That tells me the back 7 on defense are bad!!!

The D Line is the one bright spot on defense this year. Bennett and Bosa are disruptive as all get out, it seemed almost every play Bennett in the backfield raising hell and Bosa just seems to find himself around the ball.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Bosa and Bennett are both looking like they're going to be monsters!!

Whenever they showed a shot from behind the NU QB, Bennett was getting hooked HARD. You have to wonder what he could have done had he not been held most of the game.

I feel bad for Tennesee, they had Georgia on the ropes only to lose in OT. I hate the rule that if a player with the ball fumbles it out of bounds, its a touchback and possession goes to the other team. It doesn't work that way if they fumble at the 50, why change it in the end zone? Make it a touchback but team keeps possession.

Yeah, that rule is stupid. I still don't understand why it is like that. It should be the team keeps possession and gets the ball at the 1 yard line. The offense had the last possession before the fumble out of bounds and should keep possession after.

Yeah, that rule is stupid. I still don't understand why it is like that. It should be the team keeps possession and gets the ball at the 1 yard line. The offense had the last possession before the fumble out of bounds and should keep possession after.

Why? The rule corresponds to the opposite endzone. If you fumble out of your own endzone, it's a safety, and the other team gets the ball. If you fumble out of their endzone, it's a touchback and the other team gets the ball. What you guys are saying, would unbalance the rule, or you are looking at doing away with the safety.

The dude was suspended 3 games for something he shouldn't have been and basically carried the team to victory (no pun), emotions do funny things to people sometimes. IF anyone should be crying, it should be Roby for getting his ass burnt once again all night. Lets hear the excuses as to why he was missing tackles and having WR's put up career numbers for a 2nd week in a row. It's a good thing OSU was playing Northwestern, a team they can beat just cause they have more talent. If this was any other top 10 team, OSU would've gotten rolled. I wouldn't be shocked to see OSU drop in the polls tomorrow, I think they and Georgia both should and Florida State should move up.

Oh well, 6-0...on to the next one

I didn't see Roby get burnt all night, he did a decent job. Missed a tackle or 2, but did make a few big ones as well. Who really sucked this game is Pitts Brown. I don't see how can he be a 5th year senoir and be this bad at his positition. He was constantly out of position, miss coverages, miss tackles, and is the main reason why they put up over 350 yards in the air. Vonn Bell better learn that position fast. As talented as he is, I think Vonn Bell is going to take over that position before the year is over. They should start putting him in the rotation so he can get some experience. We are going to need him for the Indiana game, they made our secondaries look really silly last year, I really don't want a repeat this year.

Yeah, Roby's only issue in the NW game was trying to cover other people's asses.

They've got 2 weeks now to really look at how best to replace Bryant in their nickel/dime packages. They'll need those packages again maybe against PSU (I don't know what formations they run but they chuck the ball a lot with Hack) then definitely against Illinois and Indiana.

Yeah, Roby's only issue in the NW game was trying to cover other people's asses.

They've got 2 weeks now to really look at how best to replace Bryant in their nickel/dime packages. They'll need those packages again maybe against PSU (I don't know what formations they run but they chuck the ball a lot with Hack) then definitely against Illinois and Indiana.

Seeing how this is double posting now, maybe this thread should have a new beginning too. And going forward maybe there there should be an off-season thread, and once play begins a non big ten season thread, then when Big Ten Season begins a new thread there. This would keep the threads smaller.

Just some ideas...

Maybe take the posts here right before the Wisconsin game can be moved to a current Big Ten season thread which hasn't been created yet but could be easily?

Seeing how this is double posting now, maybe this thread should have a new beginning too. And going forward maybe there there should be an off-season thread, and once play begins a non big ten season thread, then when Big Ten Season begins a new thread there. This would keep the threads smaller.

Just some ideas...

Maybe take the posts here right before the Wisconsin game can be moved to a current Big Ten season thread which hasn't been created yet but could be easily?

Can we all just pay a couple bucks a year and let the large epic threads live!

Instead of seeing "in the other thread i posted"

I don't get the allure if huge threads, it's bad for the database and really who is going back 50 pages to look something up in a 100 page thread. Also who is going to sit through and read a 100 pg thread from start to finish? Hell if there is one paragraph most here post TLDR.

Is there some e-dick measuring thing that a thread you started is big?

It's not my call, just throwing out ideas...

I don't get the allure if huge threads, it's bad for the database and really who is going back 50 pages to look something up in a 100 page thread. Also who is going to sit through and read a 100 pg thread from start to finish? Hell if there is one paragraph most here post TLDR.

Is there some e-dick measuring thing that a thread you started is big?

It's not my call, just throwing out ideas...

Merged larger threads tend to have less re-posts and discussions seem to stay on track better.

So word on the street is that Fickell wants to play more cover 1 and blitz, and Meyer wants us to stay in a Cover 3, and rely on the DL to get all the pressure on the QB while sitting in zone with the safety in the box.

That sounds like the exact opposite of what I'd expect. Fickell got most of his "knowledge" under Heacock who was all about getting pressure with the DL and playing zone. Meyer was the one pushing for more pressure/blitzing in the early part of last season. Specifically after the UCF game and I remember one of the earliest plays in the next game (Cal) due to Meyer asking for that was a CB blitz which resulted in a sack by Roby.

In other news...

30 for 30: Youngstown Boys

Debuts on December 14th and focuses on "The interconnected journey and evolving relationship of two former Ohio State stars -- RB Maurice Clarett and coach Jim Tressel."