Your gun store of choice

XChris1632X

Just trying to see where everyone likes to go and why. Ever since the local shop in Plain city closed I have always went to Vances because of prices, availability, and the type of service/knowledge. Even though I live 15 minutes down the road, Friday I went to Blackwing for the first time. They don't have near the selection of Vances on hand but can still get it all just the same. Their prices arent a huge difference from Vances and I think the service is much more personable due to the smaller volume at times. I am starting to reconsider my place of choice. After returning today to use the range in the same facility I am very pleased. Since I am part of a small family business, I have a strong desire to support local business as well. I might be willing to pay a little bit more without hesitation due to all things considered.

I go to Vance's because they are the LEO/MIL distributor in central Ohio, I also don't go to Vance's unless I already know what I want. If its something I don't get a discount on or I want to handle a few guns to make a decision I either go to Blackwing or Nortons both are much more personal shops and less crowded.

Vances for price and LE discount, costumer service lacks tremendously. Basically I go there if I already know what I want and know they have it.

Blackwing is great to shoot, but pricey. Sometimes you can find an ok deal, some knowledgeable people who will take the time with questions and such.

I like Nortons up in waldo due to convenience and the small family shop. I have bought many of there used guns. To add if you want to shoot somewhere for next to nothing the range off of state route 229 in the Delaware state park has a great range. Throw your own trap, 100yrd(Not 100%) rifle range and pistol range for 5 bucks a day for 25 for the year.

Nortons is small but has a large selection of firearms for its size also a decent amount of used shotguns with some good pricing. I've been going there since HS and a few people I went to HS with work there. I've Always liked the little place. Plus it gives you a reason to go a little further north for some G&R fried bologna

Nortons is small but has a large selection of firearms for its size also a decent amount of used shotguns with some good pricing. I've been going there since HS and a few people I went to HS with work there. I've Always liked the little place. Plus it gives you a reason to go a little further north for some G&R fried bologna

X :fuckyeah:

Ohio valley

Was 5min from my old house. Range in store. I've shot guns for free at the range if they new I was interested in buying. (Shot a lc9 for free before I bought--they had range lc9)

Customer service is far better than Vance's/buckeye.

Agreed. Vance's, Blackwing, and Powder Room all suck IMO.

I have been extremely impressed with Blackwing. The range, the shop, and the used $400 AKs have me hooked. I will certainly buy more guns from there in the future. Their LE program on Glocks is $50 more than Vances but all things considered I can deal with that.

I don't own ANY firearms but if I did Blackwing would be my new favorite store. A close second would be Buck Creek Carryout because they also sell alcohol.

Erik

I have always preferred Vances over everywhere else because my dad knows the family, however they have gone downhill a lot in the last few years when it comes to customer service. Almost all of their sales people act like they are being inconvienenced when you wanna buy something. I dont get my LE discount anymore so I am gonna try OVO for my next purchase.

I normally do all my research and checking out of a gun I am interested in before I even head to any store. So I go to Vance/Buckeye Outdoors to buy simply because of the prices. Vance's is closer, but if I have the choice, I will go over to there Buckeye Outdoor location because the crowd is much less and I think the selection is bigger.

Delta Epsilon in Hilliard

West Jeff Outfitters

Norton's in Delaware

Barnes Guns in Lancaster

OVO in Lancaster

Vance's/Buckeye Outdoors

Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland

Gunsmoke Firearms in Springfield

In that order.

I miss the little gun store that was in Plain City. I bought a lot from them when they went out of business. She closed it up in 98 or 99 because she was tired of all the bullshit. That was back when anti gun groups went after dealers and manufacturers with a ton of liability lawsuits trying to put the little guys out of business with legal fees they can't afford to pay.

Delta Epsilon in Hilliard

West Jeff Outfitters

Norton's in Delaware

Barnes Guns in Lancaster

OVO in Lancaster

Vance's/Buckeye Outdoors

Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland

Gunsmoke Firearms in Springfield

In that order.

I miss the little gun store that was in Plain City. I bought a lot from them when they went out of business. She closed it up in 98 or 99 because she was tired of all the bullshit. That was back when anti gun groups went after dealers and manufacturers with a ton of liability lawsuits trying to put the little guys out of business with legal fees they can't afford to pay.

Dale @ DE is super knowledgeable and awesome to work with.

Small gun dept, but great customer service. Prices are a little higher than Vance's but I would rather pay a few dollars more for something and get treated with respect than go to Vance's on a busy day and have to wait a couple hours to get treated like I'm wasting the salesman's time. I'm not saying that's what happens every time I go to Vance's but it seems they are getting worse by the day...

Forgot to put Paul's Marina in my list too. They have always given me great service.

That place sucks, one of the worst out there when it comes to price gouging. Their normal prices are always way higher than vances, OVO, gun envy. They have a very little selection. I wouldn't waste my time there.

I'd go with Gun Envy and Vances. The wait time at Vances suck, but if you know the right people, you don't really have to wait that long lol.