Saturday 4/18 - Central Ohio Ride

Relboc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ride today guys. Especially that first bit before we regrouped at the gas station; those the fastest sweepers I've ever done, and it felt pretty badass to be on my scrappy 650 and keeping up with you guys who know the roads and are on much faster bikes :D I'm sure you weren't pushing that hard, but it was a nice little treat for me :) I almost died laughing when Elliot asked if he was slowing me up and if I wanted him to drop back a spot :lol: Can't wait to make another trip up there again and take a much longer ride!

To everyone who got separated: I'm really sorry about that, I have no idea what happened. One minute you were there and the next we're down to 5. At first I assumed you got stopped by the traffic light and would catch up, so we continued on at a pretty slow pace. I misunderstood hand signals from the guy with the 848 (sorry, I'm terrible with names); I thought he was just letting me know that we lost some and that we should continue on slowly so you could catch up. We eventually pulled over and waited for ~10 mins, and I turned around and went all the way back to the last place we saw you and didn't see anyone, so I set a landspeed record or two heading back to meet up with the others. Lesson learned; if I'm leading ever again and lose people*, I'll pull over immediately and not just slow down and wait to see if they catch up.

*Unless it's out in the twisties and it's just assumed that we'll all meet up at the next stop sign or something...obviously.

Edited by Harb67

Great ride today guys. Especially that first bit before we regrouped at the gas station; those the fastest sweepers I've ever done, and it felt pretty badass to be on my scrappy 650 and keeping up with you guys who know the roads and are on much faster bikes :D I'm sure you weren't pushing that hard, but it was a nice little treat for me :) I almost died laughing when Elliot asked if he was slowing me up and if I wanted him to drop back a spot :lol: Can't wait to make another trip up there again and take a much longer ride!

next time u come down ill hopefully be off work. and we can do about 200 miles and not leave the county!!

The divide started with the state trooper and the traffic light at Apple Valley. Not pulled over or any tickets, but made me miss the light. The back half waited up. On the other side of Newark we caught 79 north and Brian lead us through the twisties.

Will have to head that way again soon. Great roads. We only found one small spot with gravel. No grit in any of the curves for us.

The divide started with the state trooper and the traffic light at Apple Valley. Not pulled over or any tickets, but made me miss the light. The back half waited up. On the other side of Newark we caught 79 north and Brian lead us through the twisties.

Will have to head that way again soon. Great roads. We only found one small spot with gravel. No grit in any of the curves for us.

That's good, I'm glad that's all that happened and that you guys still had fun :) I saw the cop as soon as we crested the hill, but the way he was standing made it look like he had just pulled someone over and was doing paperwork on the top of his car like you sometimes see them do. It wasn't until we passed him that I realized he had a laser out, but we weren't going too terribly fast anyway. The fact that he wasn't scrambling to get in his car when we passed told me that he wasn't going to come after us, so I thought nothing of it.

Edited by Harb67

damn damn damn... I really wished I had shown up earlier.. I was unfortunately waiting for my unreliable friend.... and missed you guys by a few minutes. Arrived at the pony around 2:20-2:30ish...

but myself and about 7 others headed out by sunbury and found a few good twisties so it wasnt a failure.

Hope to roll w/ some OR guys next time though.

great ride.they have nice road .i was thinking we at track course.we need do that again soon.how everything went with the car at johnstown?we have one he kiss somebody rear.

Everything's cool more or less. My bike survived quite admirably; I've got some cracked plastics but nothing terrible. My insurance rates are going to go way up though, oh well.

damn damn damn... I really wished I had shown up earlier.. I was unfortunately waiting for my unreliable friend.... and missed you guys by a few minutes. Arrived at the pony around 2:20-2:30ish...

but myself and about 7 others headed out by sunbury and found a few good twisties so it wasnt a failure.

Hope to roll w/ some OR guys next time though.

Season just started we will be doing this more often whenever the weather permits. :D

Nice meeting you guys, hope to join on the next ride. we ended up not going back to mansfield, but rode to grove city for one guy to buy a scooter? i was like wtf are we doing?!? I should have just broken off and came with you guys through the twisties. oh well, its just the beg. of the season! Hope to see everyone soon agian!

yeah ,where you been?you say you come to ride?you getting ready for next weekend?the bike is nice.

I was out of town for a couple weeks. Just got back last week. I was out with Randy yestery. Cant wait to see your new duc.

I know your intro post said you're from OSU; if you're near the campus area and wanna ride over with me and Bkizz you can stop by my place around 12:30-12:45, I'm one street east of lane and high. Otherwise we'll keep an eye out for ya at Iron Pony, I'm sure your bike will be really easy to pick out of a crowd :D

Yea sorry I didn't get your post until now. We left for Pony at noon, and sorry I had to bale some shit came up, but I look forward to riding with you all in the future!