Hmm what to buy, complicated qualifications.

99StockGT

So, one of my employees today who happens to a chevy guy brought me a problem and I'de like some opinions. Currently he drives an '88 K5 Blazer lifted with mudders and all that fun stuff...however here in Ohio that's not exactly practical. So...here's the challenge.

Money to spend :$3000

Stipulations

* Must not be a Ford

* Must not be German

* Must not be from Japan

* Must be "fun to drive" which is subjective but we are talking seat of your pants here.

* Must be manual

* Comfortable a good 'ole boy that's 6'2

Optional

* Some type of forced induction

* RWD

Realize that's a lot of qualifiers which is why I brought it to some "Pros". Working on the car won't be an issue as we have access to a lift easily, parts cost can be a factor as well if there are things not readily attainable through 3rd party vendors. Buyer does have a large amount of mechanic experience and willing to tackle just about anything. Ready...go!

Lol not sure he would let go of "Bertha" I think it's got a permanent hold on his soul. I'll take a photo of it thursday and post one for ya. We discussed an LS option but he's wanting something more "tunerish".

Unfortunately most of what he would find in that price range is going to be heavily molested and abused or just generally junk. GTP or Regal GS we have discussed and is certainly on the table...those damn 3.8 V6s..

So, one of my employees today who happens to a chevy guy brought me a problem and I'de like some opinions. Currently he drives an '88 K5 Blazer lifted with mudders and all that fun stuff...however here in Ohio that's not exactly practical. So...here's the challenge.

Money to spend :$3000

Stipulations

* Must not be a Ford

* Must not be German

* Must not be from Japan

* Must be "fun to drive" which is subjective but we are talking seat of your pants here.

* Must be manual

* Comfortable a good 'ole boy that's 6'2

Optional

* Some type of forced induction

* RWD

Realize that's a lot of qualifiers which is why I brought it to some "Pros". Working on the car won't be an issue as we have access to a lift easily, parts cost can be a factor as well if there are things not readily attainable through 3rd party vendors. Buyer does have a large amount of mechanic experience and willing to tackle just about anything. Ready...go!

Lol not sure he would let go of "Bertha" I think it's got a permanent hold on his soul. I'll take a photo of it thursday and post one for ya. We discussed an LS option but he's wanting something more "tunerish".Unfortunately most of what he would find in that price range is going to be heavily molested and abused or just generally junk. GTP or Regal GS we have discussed and is certainly on the table...those damn 3.8 V6s..

http://www.damnlol.com/i/979291c583eb81664f3503f2bc35c3d0.jpg

I'll sell him a 1999 Mazda miata 5spd for $3500. 150k miles, 4cyl N/A It's silver with black interior. Runs great and gets awesome gas mileage. It has had some mainenance done recently as well so its very reliable. Its not perfect on the outside (lil rust) though but a 1999 miata around this price wouldnt be. Let me know of your interested and I'll PM you more pics.

My for sale thread I just made:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110211

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/1114CC1F-9D76-4528-8867-438EB3B43CCB-6398-0000066384D3EDC4.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/6980AB79-D8AB-48BD-8A98-A98667CD30A6-6398-0000066398D89928.jpg

Edited by Rustlestiltskin

Unfortunately the SHO while one of MY favorite ideas is a Ford, same with the fox body. Which means its off his list. I have tried to open his mind to the miata. We will see if I have any luck. We did kick around an RX8 and doing an LS swap though that will take us above the $3 mark. The GM 3.8 s/c is a strong possibility but ...

He sounds like an idiot.

I find that being extremely biased towards certain brands is ignorant. They are all pieces of shit when you get down to it. And chevy or chrysler are certainly not exempt from that statement. If he can ever get over his shallow points of view on automobiles, he may be able to find something worth while.