Going to Nashville, what to do?

Gergwheel1647545492

We are going to a concert at Grand Ole Opry 1 night, and we will be there for a total of 3 nights. Where should we stay? any parts of the city to avoid? downtown seems pricey as far as hotels go, but there are some decent deals in Vanderbilt(sp?) that are right around $100 a night.

Dicks Last Resort is fucking gay. I mean its mildly entertaining for the first few minutes when they make fun of you and your friends with the hats, but then you're kind of pissed when you realized you payed $15 for a small portion of shitty food and wasted 2 hours that could have been spent boozing at a real restaurant.

Dicks Last Resort is fucking gay. I mean its mildly entertaining for the first few minutes when they make fun of you and your friends with the hats, but then you're kind of pissed when you realized you payed $15 for a small portion of shitty food and wasted 2 hours that could have been spent boozing at a real restaurant.

I found it entertaining. The food wasn't the best I've ever had, but not the worst either. I got to try alligator while I was there too, it was pretty good.

east nasty is a running club? are you talking about Bolton's spicy chicken and fish?

I've heard people call east Nashville that. Yes, Bolton's is really good. Prince's is supposed to be the best but I've not gone there, supposedly long waits since its so popular.

I've only stayed downtown, and both the Hermitage Hotel and Union Station are beautifully-preserved luxury hotels. Discount hotel sites can put the cost within reach. Each has an outstanding restaurant, and the Hermitage has the Oak Room Bar with less expensive food and a great atmosphere (and one of the fanciest bathrooms you'll ever visit).

I think the Parthenon replica in Centennial Park is worth a stop. Locals can direct you to beautiful neighborhoods with Greek Revival mansions.

Wife and I stayed at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel when we went, the place is HUGE and they have a bunch of stuff inside the hotel, and you are just a short walk to the GOO. It's like a little village in there.

Where we stayed --> http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnago-gaylord-opryland-resort-and-convention-center/

Downtown is usually pretty busy and that's where most of the people go. Try and find a bar where there is music playing, as all the 'musicians' down there are pretty good. We did the trolley tour too, and it took us around Nashville and it's a hop on/hop off tour so you can stop at different places like the Parthanon, or the American Pickers store is on that route too. Cool tour if you're into history and shit.

There is a Hard Rock, a Coyote Ugly (or something like that) and a ton of other bars. Not much else to do, IMO. Wife and I like to 'people watch' so it's fun looking at all the idiots downtown with their cowboy boots and hats on. BTW, only tourists wear those and not the locals, so if you wear one they spot ya a mile away.

Oh yeah, we did the Grand Old Opry tour of the Opry house and I think that was pretty awesome. You get to go in back where all the dressing rooms are and they let you stand in the famous wooden circle on stage.

Concerts there are amazing, and as long as they are not video taping that night ANYONE can go right down next to the stage and take pictures, no matter where your seat is in the house. But you can only stay down there for a few minutes, snap a few shots and then you have to leave. Wish I would have know that when we went.

Have fun!

Stayed at Union Station. Great hotel and we walked to everything. Parthenon is a must. For food: hit Sam's Sushi in printers alley. Dude is the sushi nazi!

Hit Noshville for breakfast. Get a pizza and some whiskey at the Whiskey Kitchen. Great music at downtown bars but like others said all dudes and not much eye candy.

There are some cool spots like Flying Saucer with 200 beers. They have a $60 beer. Edleys BBQ. Get the Tuck special sandwich.