Any lawyers? Problems with neighbors...

RC K9

What a mess. Reading this just make me angry for you. Old people like this have been pissing me off lately. They are the assholes, and they run around trying to correct people. They don't even see the stupid shit they do or cause.

Good luck down there.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use the term often, but your neighbor is a fucking cunt! I see absolutely nothing wrong with your actions, but would LOVE to be in the audience during your cross-examination in front of the judge...:popcorn:

Op: If you're such an automotive expert, tell the court what this device is? *points to a fuel pump*

Cunt: Some car thing

Repeat with various parts as well as other random items such as the motherboard from a PS2 or a soda fountain from mcdonalds

Too bad you're not still in Columbus (I presume you were here at one point), as I would personally give the bitch something to whine about. What I had in mind was to come by and bounce off the rev limiter for a few minutes. A few minutes at 8000rpm, belching flames on the cunt's manicured garden while backfiring loud enough to set off EVERY car alarm within 50ft :fuckyeah:

Then again, there is the Top Gear solution...

sounds like she has nothing better to do......since it's pretty obvious you two are never going to be sitting around drinking beer together I would make it my personal goal to make her life hell. I would read that HOA rule book cover to cover and know exactly what's allowed and what isn't and then get on the edge of breaking every one of them. That would be the legal shit that I told everyone I did. Some of the things I wouldn't tell anyone are.....

I would sneak over in the middle of the night and spray round up on their yard, I would put dog shit in their mailbox....scratch that.....I would put my own shit in their mailbox, and if they mow their own grass I would spray paint rebar green and drive it into their lawn just below grass height. The list goes on and on. She would wish she never met me by the time I was finished.

why does this lady think she can just go on your property?

I dunno. There are hand prints all over my garage door from where she beat on it. Normally, I don't care if someone comes on my property. I start to mind it when they are being aggressive and out of line.

You have more restraint than I do.

That's exactly what my neighbor Randy said when I told him about it.

Find out when your noise ordinance is and 10mins before rev the fuck out of your car for 5mins and wait for the fun to ensue.
Ordnance is at 10pm. The only issue with that is I would actually start pissing off the other neighbors, and I actually have no issues with them.

What a mess. Reading this just make me angry for you. Old people like this have been pissing me off lately. They are the assholes, and they run around trying to correct people. They don't even see the stupid shit they do or cause.

Good luck down there.

Yeah, it's nuts. She is always complaining about my lawn, or my car, or the kids in the open space behind all the houses that are riding 4 wheelers in the afternoon, (yup, she called the cops on the kids).

sounds like she has nothing better to do......since it's pretty obvious you two are never going to be sitting around drinking beer together I would make it my personal goal to make her life hell. I would read that HOA rule book cover to cover and know exactly what's allowed and what isn't and then get on the edge of breaking every one of them. That would be the legal shit that I told everyone I did. Some of the things I wouldn't tell anyone are.....

I would sneak over in the middle of the night and spray round up on their yard, I would put dog shit in their mailbox....scratch that.....I would put my own shit in their mailbox, and if they mow their own grass I would spray paint rebar green and drive it into their lawn just below grass height. The list goes on and on. She would wish she never met me by the time I was finished.

I have 5 gal of stuff that kills all plant life in my garage. Wal-Mart sells supersoakers right? They keep their lawn perfect. :gabe:

The hilarious this was, my neighbor Randy has an old school built Z28. It's louder than my car. So when the cop was talking to the lady, Randy started his car and she ran out all fast looking towards my house because she believed it was my car, then looked all stupid when she saw it was Randy's car. He waved at her and the cop as he drove by. It was hilarious, because he thinks she is nuts too.

Lolling my ass off that you get bullied by some dried up raggedy old cheeky kunt. I can't believe this thread is still going. Put a damn fence up around your house and driveway, move, or put an end to this shitfest and be done with this drawn out days of our lives real life show.

So Saturday I start the car up with the garage door up about 2.5'. I was going to set idel and base timing so I was going to just let it idle up to operating temp. The car was running for 4min when my wife popped her head out in the garage and told me the crazy lady from across the street is in her front yard staring at our house and she is on the phone.

I was thinking, "Sweet. I hope she is on the phone with the cops so they can come over here and do absolutely nothing, further pissing her off."

So I call my dad, who live right around the corner and tell him what's going on, and this may get good. So he walks down.

In the mean time, this lady goes back inside, gets a camera, and comes back out and starts filming my house. Keep in mind, my neighbor is outside working on a car in the street with some other people, and he had spent the last few days working on other people's cars, in his garage, with his door open, for money. Running a business out of your garage there is against the rules, but crazy lady doesn't care about him...she only has a hard on for me. I feel so special.

I am literally laughing to myself as this is going on.

So my dad gets down there, and walks in the house and goes, "that's what she is mad about? That is nothing. It really isn't that loud."

I said, "yep."

So he then says, "Can i go out there and rev it up?"

I laugh and say, "sure."

Now, my dad is normally the one telling me not to instigate confrontations, but even this situation was too much for him to pass up apparently.

So he goes out in my garage and starts free revving. I am dying of laughter the whole time because I know this lady is getting super pissed, and there is nothing she can do about it.

Aaaaaannnnnddddd...that's about the climax of the story.

She went back inside, I didn't see her again the rest of the night, and no cops ever showed up.

Then yesterday I started the car, let it run for a while, then took it on a test spin for the first time since I got this build completed, and I didn't see her at all.

Good times.

Might be worth investing in a home camera to record her next time she enters your property. For the cop to issue her a warning, he doesn't need to be present if there's firm evidence that she is indeed trespassing. Bonus points if you don't just call the cops the first time, but build a body of evidence by provoking her.

You know, when I lived in OH I had security cameras set up, and they caught all kinds of shenanigans. I have debated putting some up at this house, but I don't want to put that time and money in since I plan on moving anyway, (not related to the crazy lady across the street. It is actually harder for me to get motivated about moving since I don't want her to think she "won.")

You know, when I lived in OH I had security cameras set up, and they caught all kinds of shenanigans. I have debated putting some up at this house, but I don't want to put that time and money in since I plan on moving anyway, (not related to the crazy lady across the street. It is actually harder for me to get motivated about moving since I don't want her to think she "won.")

Super quick google search reveals this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8c52/

I'm sure they make ones with better battery life.

Just before you move, buy this and place it somewhere near their house. Make sure they'll never find it and that it's protected from the elements. Then, about a month after you leave, send her a letter like

"Hey, I'm sorry we were never able to reconcile our differences but I wanted you to know I'm sorry about making all that racket with my car. I was a bad neighbor and I have to apologize. But you have to admit, hearing my car every once in a while was not nearly as annoying as something like a repetitive, never ending beep from an unknown source, right?"

Super quick google search reveals this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8c52/

I'm sure they make ones with better battery life.

Just before you move, buy this and place it somewhere near their house. Make sure they'll never find it and that it's protected from the elements. Then, about a month after you leave, send her a letter like

"Hey, I'm sorry we were never able to reconcile our differences but I wanted you to know I'm sorry about making all that racket with my car. I was a bad neighbor and I have to apologize. But you have to admit, hearing my car every once in a while was not nearly as annoying as something like a repetitive, never ending beep from an unknown source, right?"

Plant life killer + Super Soakers + "Fuck You" written cleanly in their lawn = Win!

As much fun as these would be, and as much grief as this old hag has caused me, I am not out for revenge. I would be happy if she would just mind her business and leave me and my family alone from this point forward.

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

Haven't started the car in a few weeks due to the whole family having been sick.

This past Saturday I pop the garage door open about 3ft and start her up. No joke, 30sec later she is in her garage with a sound meter. Then she proceeds to her mailbox along the street with the sound meter and "checks her mail" while looking down at the sound meter. Then she goes back to the sidewalk and walks down in front of the house beside her (which is directly across from my driveway), and proceeds to talk across the street mind you, to the people that live right next to me, all the while, looking down at the sound meter.

So much LOL. Joke is on her, she spent money on a sound meter just to discover two things:

1.) The decibel level allowed in residential neighborhoods before 10pm is 70. After 10 it's 60. From 4ft away my car is right around 70, from halfway between my house and hers, it's about 52. The fan in my bathroom is about 52-53 if you are taking a dump right under it. Even better is the fact that for the police to issue a citation, the decibel level is measured from the property line of the person making the complaint, meaning it's even quieter from her property. Ambient noise at the checkout at the grocery store is 47.

2.) Apparently she is too stupid to look at the law regarding sound ordinances in Fort Worthless, because there is a list of exceptions, one of which is "Airport, railway, and vehicular transportation." Yup, doesn't matter how loud my car is, it's exempt.

So much LOL. Keep tryin' lady, keep tryin'

Quick update:

Haven't started the car in a few weeks due to the whole family having been sick.

This past Saturday I pop the garage door open about 3ft and start her up. No joke, 30sec later she is in her garage with a sound meter. Then she proceeds to her mailbox along the street with the sound meter and "checks her mail" while looking down at the sound meter. Then she goes back to the sidewalk and walks down in front of the house beside her (which is directly across from my driveway), and proceeds to talk across the street mind you, to the people that live right next to me, all the while, looking down at the sound meter.

So much LOL. Joke is on her, she spent money on a sound meter just to discover two things:

1.) The decibel level allowed in residential neighborhoods before 10pm is 70. After 10 it's 60. From 4ft away my car is right around 70, from halfway between my house and hers, it's about 52. The fan in my bathroom is about 52-53 if you are taking a dump right under it. Even better is the fact that for the police to issue a citation, the decibel level is measured from the property line of the person making the complaint, meaning it's even quieter from her property. Ambient noise at the checkout at the grocery store is 47.

2.) Apparently she is too stupid to look at the law regarding sound ordinances in Fort Worthless, because there is a list of exceptions, one of which is "Airport, railway, and vehicular transportation." Yup, doesn't matter how loud my car is, it's exempt.

Quick update:

you need to let the car go and start training some attack dogs like the ones in that video you posted. you can practice in your front yard for her to watch. :)

Quick update:

Put a bangin' system in the car, set it to play at 69 dB (to her property line) and play this all day til 10pm while you work on it.

Put a bangin' system in the car, set it to play at 69 dB (to her property line) and play this all day til 10pm while you work on it.

3hrs later I hear a single gunshot from within the house...

This stressed me out just by reading it. The reason? I went through a MUCH LESS stressful situation with my neighbors when I first moved in.

Two lesbians (irrelevant I guess) complained to the HOA in my neighborhood because I had a car in my driveway without a front bumper (it was being painted), even though it was parked towards my house so you couldn't even see it.

Long story short, I called and talked to the HOA and they told me to just ignore it, although they did send me 2 letters because I had a battery next to my trash can for a few weeks (I kept forgetting to recycle it).

People are just miserable sometimes and literally have nothing better to do except fuck with people who are happy.

Just be careful man, people are crazy.

• 4 weeks later...
Haven't seen this lady outside when I start my car now in quite some time. Not sure if she realized that the decibel level was withing legal limits, or that the law pertaining to the legal sound limit doesn't apply to vehicles, but something may...just may have worked.