new tool box

kirks5oh

ever have a wife that has stupid ass designer clothes parties?? yeah, my wife goes to those all the time. i decided to have a tool party. i know the two snap-on guys in town and we ended up inviting about 30 guys over for beer, cars, pizza/bbq, and tools. they told me they had a toolbox to match the color of my gtr. before i could get my hands on it, someone else bought it. they gave me some story about how they couldn't get another.

turns out my wife bought it for me

its a snap on epic 76" tool box. the top two drawers are full width. can't believe how heavy this beast is. anyways, here's the pics

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1424/dsc00599b.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8353/dsc00601ao.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9075/dsc00600au.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/933/dsc00603ie.jpg

Looks nice but why a stainless top?

I'm just thinking of it scratching easily.

I know right? Or worst case....a ring from where someone left a drink on the top without a coaster under it. :)

It's gonna get scratched, so will other parts of the box. Just have to deal with it as it happens, nothin you can do about it when it does.

Looks good. My snap on guy has one of those on his truck right now, same color. Check with your guys on the recall that they have on those boxes. Its for the top two drawers having a detent installed in the slides, when it should not be. From what I heard Thursday, it's a simple fix. That built in power center is badass.

I know right? Or worst case....a ring from where someone left a drink on the top without a coaster under it. :)

It's gonna get scratched, so will other parts of the box. Just have to deal with it as it happens, nothin you can do about it when it does.

+1. My stainless top is scratched like hell, but I'd rather have that than a rubber mat that will absorb spills. I can take a greasy, disgusting part and slap it down; and only need a paper towel to clean it up. Plus it makes a great writing surface.

once again...open a kirk thread, feel poor.

one day i'll listen to myself when i say "no, dont click the link"

awesome toolbox man

^Truth

That is one awesome tool box, and you have it full of probably some nice tools man. I ency your box and tools, so badass. A guy i work with has a Classic96 and thats a nice box, i cant imagine how amazing yours would be.

+1. My stainless top is scratched like hell, but I'd rather have that than a rubber mat that will absorb spills. I can take a greasy, disgusting part and slap it down; and only need a paper towel to clean it up. Plus it makes a great writing surface.

My Dad's stainless top on his Snapon box doesn't look bad after years of use, just kind of dull. My box has the black "bed liner" type material on the top, but the box is flat black so it looks pretty good. My old Cornwell box had a sorry excuse for a stainless top, and I can say Snapon has the nicest tops for wear.

My Dad's stainless top on his Snapon box doesn't look bad after years of use, just kind of dull. My box has the black "bed liner" type material on the top, but the box is flat black so it looks pretty good. My old Cornwell box had a sorry excuse for a stainless top, and I can say Snapon has the nicest tops for wear.

I know what you mean. My stainless is scratched like light swirl marks on paint. The rhino top is alright til you try and write on it. (Dont know if coating is consistent on all of the tops, but one of my coworkers top sucks to write on)

I have a stainless top and love it, yes the first scratch shows, but after that it looks ok. Plus you can use stainless polish on it any time if needed. From the looks of that garage, clearly an OCD diagnosis is warranted. I also agree with the discrimination of cars treatment....lol.