Black Lambo Loses It

2011SVT

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, A buddy of mine. He disconnected his front drive shaft at the advice of CTD to make it RWD......apparently not a good idea. He is unhurt, but he ego is bruised. He is a good guy but cold tires got the best of him.

Every thing I've read on line says that Murci's are sketchy to drive awd and rwd they are a death trap.

If someone tells you or recommends you do this, you automatically assume liability by doing so.

This seems off to me, If someone comes to me and asks how to make there car faster and I say upgrade your turbo and they can't handle the car how's that my fault?

Just asking

This seems off to me, If someone comes to me and asks how to make there car faster and I say upgrade your turbo and they can't handle the car how's that my fault?

Just asking

It's not. The same package could work great for me while it has others jumping curbs on Morse road. A recommendation is just that. It's not fault of theirs he couldn't control it. He certainly wasn't forced to do it. The only liability to CTD would be if there were a malfunction that caused the crash.

It's not. The same package could work great for me while it has others jumping curbs on Morse road. A recommendation is just that. It's not fault of theirs he couldn't control it. He certainly wasn't forced to do it. The only liability to CTD would be if there were a malfunction that caused the crash.

Or , if you said no and you convinced me it would be "Fine" to alter the original engineering of the car and I did it solely on your recommendation. If there was a waver then you are off the hook.

If I tell a surgeon to do something "off label", I am automatically liable for anything that goes wrong.

If i was the lambo guy....I would not attempt to hold a shop liable for giving me advice. AND, especially if the shop did not perform the task/job itself.

Transversely, If i owned a shop and I gave someone the idea to do what this guy did and he wrecked/blamed/came after me i would tell you to pound the-fuck-out-of some sodium chloride.

If I advised you to try and go 180mph and you wrecked would you blame me?

another tesla owner once told me.... "my advice may be worth exactly what you paid for it".

Or , if you said no and you convinced me it would be "Fine" to alter the original engineering of the car and I did it solely on your recommendation. If there was a waver then you are off the hook.

If I tell a surgeon to do something "off label", I am automatically liable for anything that goes wrong.

I see where you're going, but I struggle to see how he could even think to collect from CTD due to his ignorance on what he was having done, without the work being faulty. Mainly because at the end of the day he could have said, "no thanks...sounds cool though." Either way it sucks and that's why we have insurance...sure he'll be back on the road in no time maybe even in an aventador, if he totaled that.

Btw, I used ignorance in the way it's defined, not knocking him...don't know him.

I doubt they can be held liable... However, I would like to add, not only did they recommend that he convert the car to RWD, they took credit for it on their FB page...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/Juicedh22/CTD_zps952a72be.jpg

Now, had they actually been the ones who performed the modification, the owner 'might' have a better case of holding them liable for the work performed, if it could be proved to be faulty and/or a safety hazard, etc...

Either way, if the owner speaks his mind on the matter, its yet another knock against the shop...

Ok...ill discuss the elephant in the room...what does all of you have against CTD?

It's because of the arrogant abrasive attitude of the owner. He speaks like an expert on matters he has NO IDEA about really (which was quite transparent to those of us who do know). He regurgitated poor engineering from another 'engineer' who has shown to me he is about a useful as a velvet painting of a whale and dolphin getting it on.

I would at least feel better about the shop if I felt he had partnered with someone who could do some qualified engineering. Because really, a shop like that needs 'real' engineering to be successful. Hell, I would offer to help the guy if I could get over his personality... or at least the online persona he displays.... they say people are not as bad in person, but from stories like fill's, I wonder if thats the case here...

I feel bad for Tony, he is a super smart guy who everyone he meets is a friend. He just got taken in by bad advice and it bit him hard. This should just serve as a warning to others.
'

Sometimes you have to learn by doing. I bet he doesn't make the same mistake again.

I feel bad for Tony, he is a super smart guy who everyone he meets is a friend. He just got taken in by bad advice and it bit him hard. This should just serve as a warning to others.

I've Met tony a few times and he's always been super nice. He likes cars and was mislead by someone who spoke in allot of Jargon and "Sounded" like he know what he was talking about.

I'm happy to hear that Tony's not hurt.

P.S. The reason Tony and other lambo owners went to PTM was Nate would drop everything and screw over clients to get Lambo's in the shop. They few lambo's i seen @ PTM where always there for silly shit like tinted tail lights. Window Tint and things like that. But Nate practically sucked off each owner to get them to be his client.