Atwood/Tappan/Carrolton ride

jreese86

Since the weather was so nice today, I took the day off to go for a ride. I took 77S and took 800, 22, 250, 151, 164, 39 and 212 back to 77. 270 miles in 6 hours start to finish. An hour of that was break/food/gas etc. I was pretty surprised with the pace I kept. 164 is a fun road, that's for sure. Good condition too except for two consecutive corners with gravel which caused my back wheel to get loose even though I let off the gas and straightened the bike up. Other than that it was a great ride. Definitely made me realize that the stock seat w/ a pro-pad just is not enough for 200+ mile rides. My ass is quite sore. Managed to get some pictures along the way too:

dsc01848wwn.th.jpg

dsc01847hgb.th.jpg

dsc01846k.th.jpg

dsc01845n.th.jpg

dsc01844k.th.jpg

dsc01843mik.th.jpg

dsc01851k.th.jpg

Rt. 164 was PERFECT until after the junction at 43, then the gravel showed up all of a sudden on a very tight turn. Not good. Now Rt.9 I can do all day and not have to worry about gravel at all. We need to go down 800 soon...

Rt. 164 was PERFECT until after the junction at 43, then the gravel showed up all of a sudden on a very tight turn. Not good. Now Rt.9 I can do all day and not have to worry about gravel at all. We need to go down 800 soon...

Speaking of that...

My wife and I will be headed down to Morgantown, WV next weekend, and the weather forecast is looking so good I'm thinking that we're taking the FZ.

I would definitely be up for heading down 800 to 536 and making our river crossing there.

If the forecast holds out I'll make a thread in the Cleveland forum.