What do YOU think about the C7 Vette?

Farkas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like. Hate the rear. Still love the C6.

This^ ... seems like a viper or aston martin wanna-be

Im sure it drives awesome in stock form. However I have a feeling mods will be pretty slow coming due to the DI motor and crazy electronics in this new vette.

I still love me some C6.. probably my favorite gen vette ever

oops

http://i.imgur.com/HU54CL0.jpg

We know the side impact structure works. That Lincoln is F'd but the vette looks repairable. Surprising.

This^ ... seems like a viper or aston martin wanna-be

Im sure it drives awesome in stock form. However I have a feeling mods will be pretty slow coming due to the DI motor and crazy electronics in this new vette.

I still love me some C6.. probably my favorite gen vette ever

DI hasn't slowed development in the BRZ/FR-S aftermarket.

Loved the design when they first rolled it on stage, but now I actually dislike the front AND rear. Looks like 2 different cars welded together. Catfish up front with an outdated & confused rear end.

This is exactly how I feel. I look at it and I simply see styling cues from so many other cars smudged into one poor unoriginal design. Front reminds me of a Ferrari wannabe, while the rear looks like the Camaro's white trash cousin wearing too much eye-liner. I don't see much about the car that really flows well aesthetically.

I can't really disagree about what you're getting for the price in the aspect of performance. But you gotta get over owning such an ugly car, first.

This is exactly how I feel. I look at it and I simply see styling cues from so many other cars smudged into one poor unoriginal design. Front reminds me of a Ferrari wannabe, while the rear looks like the Camaro's white trash cousin wearing too much eye-liner. I don't see much about the car that really flows well aesthetically.

I can't really disagree about what you're getting for the price in the aspect of performance. But you gotta get over owning such an ugly car, first.

This is how I feel, as well, only not quite so strongly. It bothers me the rear looks to Camaroish and overall, the entire design is not quite cohesive.

As far as those complaining about wheel gap, (including those who complain about the FRS's wheelgap), you're only allowed to lower a car so much from factory by law. I'm betting the vette, much like the FRS, is right on that or right on top of it already.

Also, does the vette in the picture have an adjustable suspension?

It seems like every generation of Corvette that has come out has been ugly to me in the dawn of the generation. I HATED the C6 when it came out. Now, I think it is the most gorgeous generation yet. That being said, I hate the C7 worse than I have ever hated any of the past two after their releases. I'm sure(maybe) it will grow on me in time, but right now the C6Z is still the king.

We know the side impact structure works. That Lincoln is F'd but the vette looks repairable. Surprising.

DI hasn't slowed development in the BRZ/FR-S aftermarket.

part of the reason it hasn't is because the BRS-FR-s is not a TRUE Di it has a secondary injector. So all they need to do is swap out the secondary with bigger and go. The new vette could pose a challenge for those who wish to make lots and lots of power. They may initially be stuck with a 9th injector or converting back to old style..... But I am sure that would pose many many challenges if its even possible.

part of the reason it hasn't is because the BRS-FR-s is not a TRUE Di it has a secondary injector. So all they need to do is swap out the secondary with bigger and go. The new vette could pose a challenge for those who wish to make lots and lots of power. They may initially be stuck with a 9th injector or converting back to old style..... But I am sure that would pose many many challenges if its even possible.

Considering GM has leaked info of a boosted version of the engine, and there are current solutions for the DI Ecotec (450 HP on stock fuel system) and the DI 3.6L (IPS twin Turbo kit) I don't think there's going to be much of an issue. The biggest hurdle will be getting access to the ECU, which probably means Vince @ Trifecta is about to be a very rich man.

The tuners that know what they are doing won't have a problem.

I don't like the looks just yet...but it will be like the GT-R. Once people start running retarded times with the thing, all the UGLY looks talk will change..

Considering GM has leaked info of a boosted version of the engine, and there are current solutions for the DI Ecotec (450 HP on stock fuel system) and the DI 3.6L (IPS twin Turbo kit) I don't think there's going to be much of an issue. The biggest hurdle will be getting access to the ECU, which probably means Vince @ Trifecta is about to be a very rich man.

I don't know if it's true but someone posted on one of the LSx Facebook pages that the ECU has already been hacked...

Its new and most new/foreign things looks like shit. What i can't stand is the view from behind....but it kind of suits the idea; if you lose you're forced to look at that ugly rear end. That being said it'll grow on me.

SRT viper has got my vote hands down in the looks department.

HP Tuners has already released the MAP and we've had access to this type of ecu for a couple months because of the trucks. Even the LFX ecu can be tuned with hp tuners. The prior year 3.6 di ecu on the other hand can only be done with Trifecta and EFILive . The new ecu is going to pose some new tuning challenges to say the least. You can't just disabled tq management anymore. At least not yet. But we had the same issue with airflow tables on EVOX's early on and now tuners just shut it off.

That being said I just seen a example of a new LT1 modded injector. So as long as your can get the fuel pressure up there you in like flin.

awful, it's just plain awful. it looks cheap, gaudy, almost as if it was designed solely for the gold chain wearing retirement crowd. it's just a terrible design, it doesn't flow, it's basically the culmination of every cliche sports car design element. it's so cliche that i can't believe it doesn't come with "lambo doors"!

the C4 was the epitome of 1980s GM, just god awful bland like the rest of their entire lineup. the C5 was absolutely gorgeous, a very original, sexy, and purely american design. the C6 is basically a generic sports car. i can't think of any other word to describe it than "generic". it's not ugly, it's not beautiful, it's certainly not polarizing(if anyone hated it, it was because it was so plain, not because it's ugly!), it's just a generic stereotypical sports car design. but the C7 has taken that a step further by throwing every sports car cliche onto that generic profile.

tl;dr - i don't like it

as far as upgrading these direct injected engines is concerned, it's blows my mind that so many people don't realize that the diesel guys have already laid the groundwork for getting power out of direct injected engines. the problem isn't direct injection, the problem is that companies need to develop injectors and injector pump upgrades for these engines.

besides, i wasn't around/old enough for those days, but didn't everyone say that smog equipment, EFI, and OBDII all were going to kill performance for the gear head? last i checked, you can go down to your local ford dealer and buy a shelby GT500 with 662HP for right under $50k, and then you can put nearly 700HP down at the tires with a bit over $1000 on top of that - sounds like the golden age of performance to me, and i don't see direct injection slowing that down!

• 2 weeks later...