What do YOU think about the C7 Vette?

Farkas

http://i.imgur.com/EdEU8Hwh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tNJFc3Bh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dOj8TDSh.jpg

I really think the C6 is gorgeous, but this is honestly the worst... almost up there with the Pontiac Aztek. I see half potato, half italian supercar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been seeing a lot of them on the roads up here and I like it. Sure, the rear end is different, but it's starting to grow on me, and they look pretty mean from the front. Plus, the performance is amazing for a $60k car.

Corvette design is going toward those of exotic category; C7 is closer than ever. I like C7 styling, engine, suspension & chassis designs, price point, & its general performance aspects. What I don't like is GM infatuation with electronics, especially for a real sports car like the C7.

The car itself is a great step forward.

I've even come around on the design stuff too. However in that configuration it's just horrible. I'm not big on all the black stuff BUT I think with some revisions that's a great car.

Paint the mirrors, roof, wheels, spoiler, lower portion of the rear all body color and I think it's a much more attractive car.

While I'm not a fan of the surrounds on the tail lights I realize they are functional so they can stay.

**Oh...and lower it. No sports car should have that much wheel gap**

I'm convinced it will result in a MAJOR mid-generation facelift. I saw a black one at a show in Lancaster. I had thought black would cover the clumsy lines but it did not. It didn't help that it was placed near a silver C5z which is one of the most perfect looking modern era vettes IMHO. I was also surprised the interior didn't look like the upgrade everyone keeps talking about. Hopefully performance will keep people buying unlike the dark days of the late C3 to early C4 era. I don't see a C7 in my future which is sad. I've been a vette guy my whole life. Oh well. I guess my C6z won't lose value due to being N-1 generation. I really can't see people rushing out to buy this new car. Too much ugly for the money.

Completely overstyled, trying too hard. Very Asian in design language imo. Won't stand the test of time. This is however, fantastic for them, because it is creating an imense "buzz" because of it.

The car and capabilities are incredible though. I can't wait for the widebody versions. Hopefully they fix all the styling cues I dislike for that model.

Before anyone judges, you need to see it in person.

I have, and disagree.

That particular one looks good. But I don't feel like it really looks like a corvette, so I'm not a fan. That rear end is :barf: how did they not learn with the camaro?! How did this rear end design make it through to the top thinking it was a good idea?!

Love the car and performance for the dollar but not in silver. With all the black accents it looks best in black. I would have to ditch the rear end and get the one I posted before which shows the round tails. 300% better. I could care less a out the minimal functionality. For 99% are going to simply be a street car.

Loved the design when they first rolled it on stage, but now I actually dislike the front AND rear. Looks like 2 different cars welded together. Catfish up front with an outdated & confused rear end.

Performance and tech is great. The digital dash I think will be very cool, especially at night.

Will probably keep my Z06 for a long time as a raw muscle car, and maybe pick up a C7 vert in a few years at a cruiser. Also tempting would be a vert GT500 so the whole family could ride as well.

Interesting predictions around the vette forums.. some saying the Z51 optioned C7 is the Z06 equivalent, with others claiming a new direct injection LS7 in the works. Also leaked was a supercharged LT1 cad so it will be nice to see what shakes out.

To me it looks as if it were designed by committee. I can't get over that back glass, it looks like it was ripped off a mid-engine supercar (good) but with no engine to display (bad).

Also, the Vette logo on the wheels looks like a Mazda logo. How/why did they not correct that?

Still, I'm sure I'd rock one given the opportunity.