Unfortunate turn out with a happy ending

Twistedrx7

As some of you may remember i bought Doc's bike from him. It is pretty awesome to ride and could not get enough of it. I ended up going for a ride this afternoon all around columbus. I ended up in Powell when i ran into an issue.

I came to a stop before Grace on 750. I am always pretty cautious at checking behind me to see what is going on. This time i wasnt able to react in time. As i was stopped a car came up behind me and nailed me. I am not sure of their speed but their reaction was none to zero. No screeching just a solid hit.

I flew off the bike and landed possibly on their hood and then onto the ground, i am unsure. I just remember two hits. I ended up with some decent back pain and sat down while some bystanders removed the bike from the ground and assisted me.

Police and EMT were fast on the scene and took me in. I ended up with some bruising, scratches and a very sore back and neck. thankfully i never leave without the proper gear.

My gear definitely saved me, and i am very happy to say it is still in almost new condition (no dents or scratches on the helmet) and padding from the jacket helped absorb the falls.

I am still a little shaken up but ready to get back out there. I havent seen the bike except little bits and pieces here and there. I am picking it up Monday when the lot opens up. I will get some pictures then.

Just remember to watch out for motorcycles and always be prepared for the unexpected.

Cliffs

got hit from a dead stop in the rear

flew off bike

Went to hospital

everything looks good, no broken bones, just sore, buised and road rash

bike didnt look good but will post pics later

Really glad that you're okay, obviously bikes can be fixed or replaced. This type of thing always worried me on a bike, you can react to a lot of things that happen in front of you but some idiot not paying attention is so shitty because there wasn't much you could've done. Get to feeling better.

I've had nightmares of getting hit while at a stop on my bike. If I had to name a #1 fear that would be it. The bike can be replaced, you're a very fortunate man to have walked away for the most part unscathed. Good to hear you had gear on as well, hopefully this is a lesson to other riders. Edited by Geeesammy

His excuse was a bug flew into his car and he must have over reacted....

Oh that sounds reasonable.... What a fuck

That's one thing I fear to no end on a bike, last summer someone 5 minutes from my place was killed like that.

Scratches or not on your helmet, replace it as its been in a wreck and is the only thing saving your noggin from becoming soup! Glad you are ok.

I agree. I was always thought that if your helmet ever takes a bump equivalent to dropping it knee high that it's structural integrity is questionable from then on. Spend a couple hundred more of his insurance money to buy a very nice helmet.

Great to hear that you walked away from this. I live in fear every day that my brother and my dad may experience this same type of accident. Unfortunately because they are your stereotypical Harley owners, they wear no gear and do not debate it. I no longer own a bike because of my accident.

Bikes don't scare me....it's what the other idiots on the road can do. Sad to hear about the wreck but GREAT to hear you'll be OK!

If Thorne and anyone else gets better riding equipment as a result of this, be happy to know that your situation may save other people's lives one day...

Jesus!!!! Dude, we were just talking last night at QSL. Nothing you can do in that case, but damn that shit is scary.

Take the time needed to recover. Glad you're not worse off. You are very lucky. Hope you get paid.

get paid???? WTF dude, accidents happen! I'm glad Jake is ok but people that are sue happy just drive me crazy.

get paid???? WTF dude, accidents happen! I'm glad Jake is ok but people that are sue happy just drive me crazy.

perhaps, but long term injuries often pop up years later and honestly, being married to a lawyer, yes I'm biased, but people who cause accidents are liable. there's way more to such an incident than covering the costs of a bike and some medical bills. settlements on things like this are often pretty hefty.

Kevin Kurgis, here comes a client! :gabe: