Fun car dilemma

wnaplay1647545503

I have the opportunity to pick up a 68 camaro, bone stock no frills in good condition, drivable and what does need done can be while still keeping it on the road. Now I do already have a fun car(41plymouth, pics somewhere on here) and although I do drive it locally I fear taking it on the freeway, it needs decent amount of body work, needs door glass, interior redone blah blah blah. Even in its current condition I get a lot of attention and people are always asking about it when it's out, kinda has a cool factor. It would take a small fortune to get it perfect and I would never put more money into it other than just making it a decent cruiser. I have no idea what it's currently worth or what it will ever be worth while I own it. The camaro however holds its value and they seem to only go up. It would be nice to finally get in something that I can drive whenever/wherever I want, something the Plymouth doesn't allow for.

Can't decide if I should keep the kinda cool much older car that needs work or go with a more standard classic that allows me to use it more. Any thoughts?

What do you know about the Plymouth? Has a new fuel tank, runs and drives anywhere I have taken it thus far and I do drive it around town regularly. Its solid as a brick now that I replaced the harmonic balancer which was making it ride like a freight train do to the PO beating the shit out of it forcing it in.

Additional thought: it depends on what you really want to use it for, personally I like cruisers and the Plymouth fits that bill. I would spend some money in making necessary upgrades for it to be drivable on the highway, they were able to be driven back then and now isn't any different. A guy that I read about drove his model a everyday for a year in Michigan to prove that it can be done, granted there were more maintenance to be done but that's the enjoyment of owning an old car

Tl;dr. Keep the Plymouth and don't be a pussy, drive it more

I'm not trying to be mean, I don't really know you.... but weren't you fairly recently into financial situations that had potential implications on your future and your ability to support your family and/or dissolving you're wife's cake business?

Not trying to stir the pot hopefully just a friendly reality check if that is the case. I know you've been faced with very bad long term injuries and an unfortunate situation I hope not to be in ever.

If everything is going well for you then I'm GLAD to hear and in that case you very well may have earned the right to splurge a bit! But....everyone has a Camaro....

What is the price range of the Camaro? What does it need to be complete? Personally if it was a steal of a deal (family friend thing), I'd take the '68 in a heartbeat.

I liked that Plymouth...sad to hear you'll not get it to where it's a good driver. A few bucks and some work over the winter would likely net you a good sale come springtime with that '41. Let alone a fun driver for the famiry...

I'm not trying to be mean, I don't really know you.... but weren't you fairly recently into financial situations that had potential implications on your future and your ability to support your family and/or dissolving you're wife's cake business?

Not trying to stir the pot hopefully just a friendly reality check if that is the case. I know you've been faced with very bad long term injuries and an unfortunate situation I hope not to be in ever.

If everything is going well for you then I'm GLAD to hear and in that case you very well may have earned the right to splurge a bit! But....everyone has a Camaro....

My situation is very unique. It would take me a few years to actually run out of funds. That thread was a more " what to do right now for my future" if I remember correctly and referring more to my play money than the money we use to live.