Port Columbus Winter Seasonal

Rocky31186

We hire seasonals for winter and summer. The winter seasonals are minimum 20 hours per week. But when it snows you come in fron 3-3.

Pay actually went up this year, and is not a bad gig for winter seasonal. Except if you get stuck shoveling sidewalks, but for the pay? Cant beat it.

Basically you will get trained on all the big super brooms, plow trucks, and loaders.

I would say 70% of the time you will be sitting in the break room playing cards, watching movies, and sleeping. But when it snows and you have to work, sometimes you'll be in the truck for 8 or more hours.

They do want experience, but I highly doubt anyone has experience driving our superbroom or big plow trucks.

https://columbusairports.tms.hrdepartment.com/jobs/156/Winter-SeasonalPort-Columbus-International-Airport

Edited by Rocky31186

• 1 month later...
I know you said 3-3 during snow times, but do you know if they have something more geared towards starting afternoon and through the night? I work 630am-3pm (5 days a week) and looking for something part time in the evenings/early mornings and I would love this.

There is a first and second shift. Start at 7am unless there is snow, then youll be called in at 3am. If there is no snow, youll leave typically around 11 or they may keep you till 3. There was numerous days it didnt snow and they would work you 7-3.

Second shift im not sure of as I dont work it. But it starts at 3.

I applied anyways ill talk with them about times to see whats up. Thanks bud.

There are normally a couple people hired that dont like the work and quit. Easiest money you can make honestly.

So if you get hired, and quit no big deal.

If you get called for interview let me know and ill try to help you.

There are normally a couple people hired that dont like the work and quit. Easiest money you can make honestly.

So if you get hired, and quit no big deal.

If you get called for interview let me know and ill try to help you.

Will let you know, thanks man.

• 1 year later...
Links are broken

Old links I didn't see snow removal on there website yet.

Just a fyi. I applied last year and they flat out told me they dont want anyone that is currently working. So if your looking to do this as a 2nd job goodluck. Might of changed this year who knows.

Would be sweet though.