Which one?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• B8 A4 S-line
    • B8 A4 S-line avant
    • A3 s-line
    • WRX wagon 02-04
    • Legacy wagon

It's been a year with the S4 and I think it's time for a change. Getting an itch for a "performance" wagon so I can haul my bike stuff, dog, etc. I really want B7 RS4 or B8 S4, but trying to be reasonable and not finance a car with 60k+ miles.

Here are my choices. Looking for poll responses and reasons why. I'm sure there are plenty on both sides that can weigh in. If I'm missing something obvious let me know.

Requirements:

Manual

Euro/Japanese only

All wheel drive

sub $20k, the closer to $10k the better as I will be wanting to get that out of the S4

B8 A4 s-line

B8 A4 s-line avant

A3 s-line

WRX wagon 02-04?

Legacy wagon (lame?)

Volvo V70R - 300hp 5cyl turbo, awd, 6mt.

They were made from '04-'07 though, so finding one under 60k miles may be difficult.

http://swotti.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheDJCWCG==/imgv70r2.jpg

http://motoburg.com/images/volvo-v70-r-04.jpg

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/2007-volvo-s60-t5-cockpit-interior-view-588x441.jpg

Edited by Not Brian

Seconded for the V70R, if you can find one. Then B8 S4 Avant.

They're out there. For under 60k mi though, is another thing. I came so very close to picking one up recently but was worried about the cost of maintenance coming up given its milage and I ultimately nutted out.

No B8 Avant's came in manual.

B8 S4 didn't come in avant.

A3 with AWD didn't come in manual.

What B8 are you getting for close to 10k?

I'd find the nicest B7 A4 Sline Avant I could find, 2.0T Manual, with the titanium package preferably.

They're out there. For under 60k mi though, is another thing. I came so very close to picking one up recently but was worried about the cost of maintenance coming up given its milage and I ultimately nutted out.

I would rather find one over 100k miles with the timing belt/maintenance done over a pricier one with 60k-80k miles, since that job alone is over a grand and anything past an oil change I guess you have to find a Volvo-specific shop to fuck around with those cars.

Brian, get a fucking Volvo R already...

Been looking for the right one for two years now. Every time I find one, they want like $5k over book value.

Stay away from 02wrx's shit avoid 2 liters all together they are all turning into fucking DSM's. They are ran hard put away wet. It's rare to see a clean 02-05WRX. If you can find a RARE GOOD Car consider yourself lucky and I'l have a prepurchase inspection done.

Outback XT 2.5turbo or Legacy GT Wagon's are typically is much better shape. Though if you get one do the Banjo Repair right away. anything past 50K and if it has them turbo won't last :( But VF52's (09+ wrx's) are bolt on minus tuning.

Personally I would get a FX35 over ether of those. Just tuned one friday and they are nice to drive.

I'd suggest passing on the Volvo. It's not a bad car, but a B8 A4 is a much better car. The Volvo has grandma seats, shitty clutch pedal feel, goofy shifter, the worst turning radius I've ever seen (it's really fucking awful).

I can agree with most of that, except a B8 A4 under $20k with <60k miles will most likely not be worth buying.