Grand Prix Karting - Coming to Columbus

bmwohio

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I got from my friend:

Aaron was telling me about it last year. From that conversation, it's going to be like Full Throttle in terms of permanent track layout, competitive format, and karts. He said he was aiming for a course with similar speeds but lap times near 1min instead of 30sec. I'm willing to bet that pricing will be similar to Full Throttle as well.

Awesome. I'll make the drive down for an endurance type event

yes

he's also the local NASA (Great Lakes/Midwest region) Chief Instructor and he's raced karts for years...as well as road raced Miatas and other stuff

Very nice guy as well.

If there was a building big enough...why not have a very small indoor racetrack for real cars?

I mean, would people pay for an old warehouse that's 65 degrees in the dead of winter so they could race a Spec Miata series all through the off-season?

The building would have to be huge. Most indoor courses are sufficiently tight that the car wouldn't really be any faster than a kart.

If there was a building big enough...why not have a very small indoor racetrack for real cars?

I mean, would people pay for an old warehouse that's 65 degrees in the dead of winter so they could race a Spec Miata series all through the off-season?

One of the biggest reasons is exhaust fumes. When we have done enduro races down at Full Throttle in Cincy, they can only have 8 karts on track at the same time because of the CO2 levels that those little karts produce.

They would always tells us at the drivers meeting that if the CO2 levels got too high, they would have to stop the race....and they have HUGE exhaust fans in there too that are not cheap.

I'm guessing this would make it very hard for 'real' cars to drive indoors without it being the size of Nationwide Arena (V8's, catless, running rich, etc, etc)

One of the biggest reasons is exhaust fumes. When we have done enduro races down at Full Throttle in Cincy, they can only have 8 karts on track at the same time because of the CO2 levels that those little karts produce.

They would always tells us at the drivers meeting that if the CO2 levels got too high, they would have to stop the race....and they have HUGE exhaust fans in there too that are not cheap.

I'm guessing this would make it very hard for 'real' cars to drive indoors without it being the size of Nationwide Arena (V8's, catless, running rich, etc, etc)

I could be McSteakin but wouldn't a car produce less emissions since it has a full exhaust system and all that crap? Karts probably just have a simple muffler

Either way this place looks like a blast and I hope its worth it.

I could be McSteakin but wouldn't a car produce less emissions since it has a full exhaust system and all that crap? Karts probably just have a simple muffler

Either way this place looks like a blast and I hope its worth it.

The carts in Cinci actually have Cats but still have an issue with the carbon monoxide.

They were taking with going with a more efficient cat that is more high-flow, but it would cost too much money

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my shirt today.

Can't wait.

We got our shirts today- wish there wasn't a giant QR code on the back- I know it won't be worn outside my house with it on there

Spring can't come quick enough

:thumbup: :fuckyeah:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is promising, look whos started hiring!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/csr/4183589218.html

Grand Prix Karting Columbus will be opening in November, and we are currently seeking qualified applicants to join our team. We are searching for hard working and motivated individuals who have the ability to strive in a fast-paced environment.

Come join our exciting team at the largest indoor karting facility in Ohio!

Available Part-time Positions:

- Accounting/Payroll Clerk

- Sales Associate

- Sales Supervisor

- Event Coordinator

- Track Marshal

- Flag Marshal

- Patron Safety Coordinator

APPLICATION:

Please fill out an application online and upload your resume. Our human resources representative will contact you with more information on the position you applied for and to schedule an interview.

Please email questions to employment@gpindoor.com, or visit us on the web at http://www.gpindoor.com/employment .

• 3 weeks later...