TT kit for Vette, or Private pilot'ss lisence?

Tindall2006

I've got 40+hrs and 2.5 years towards my private pilot's license. It's a passion, not a product you can just buy in a box: time commitment, classwork, studying, etc...

If you really want to be a pilot, you wouldn't be asking this question. (no disrespect, jus'sayin...)

Prioritize.

So I was thinking of going TT last winter/this spring... If you want real power (over 8whp) it's going to be a LOT more than 5k... Almost double that. And more... If you want 500-600whp, I'd go n/a with more displacement (which I did).

Or spread the funds out... You can get an ls3 short block for 2500... And some heads for a grand, and some headers if you don't have them... Then spend the rest on other stuff....

Or pilot stuff if you really enjoy flying, lol.

I can't tell you much about a twin turbo Vette, but I have spent around a year and a half of my life in a pilot seat (13,000+ hours).

I don't keep that close of tabs on what training costs, but if you can get a Private Pilots license for $5k I'd go for it. I think some flight schools are charging upwards of $10k. It will be very time consuming and starting this time of year can get frustrating because the weather will dictate a lot of when you can actually go flying.

If you do decide to go this route. Make sure that you set aside as much time as you can to go flying. When I taught, the best students were the ones that were in the air as often as they could be. It's a lot easier to hammer it out, than take a week or 2 off then come back and play catch-up. Once you've finished, it will be one of the most rewarding accomplishments of your life.

Like others have said, there are recurring costs involved. After you get your license it is imperative to continue to fly if you can afford it. The Private Pilots license is mostly a license to learn, continuing to fly allows you to gain more experience and develop your skill. Also, every 2 years you'll need to be checked by a flight instructor for proficiency and a flight physician (pilot medical exam) for as long as you want to stay active.