College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/25/sports/ncaafootball/ohio-states-staff-offers-a-mix-thats-unmatched.html?_r=0&adxnnl=1&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=2&adxnnlx=1382702900-jgxJCfMuH0lMN5VX/Y6sLA

If Meyer keeps the same philosophy on hires as he did in this article, I don't think you are gonna see any "big name 7 figure guys" hired. So that eliminates John Chavis.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observations

1. I really dig the helmets for those uniforms

2. When our offense looks good, it looks REALLY good.

EDIT: Also, having been AT the game, I can't even describe how awesome it is to make 114 years of history go "poof" in 60 minutes.

Edited by Orion

Carlos Hyde is still on pace to be Urban's first 1,000 yard RB. Just needs 410 more yards this season and has at least 5 more games to play. This offense is incredible when it's humming along.

Really wanted to see 70 tonight but it seems the older crowd is pleased with matching what PSU did to OSU back in 1994.

Agreed - i really liked how our offense played. Hope there is no let down for next week.

Those gifs are awesome.

I remember the debacle in 1994 - black socks and all. I watched that game live and in horror. That Penn State team was great, though - they got shafted out of a NC, IMO.

We had the absolute worst experience I have ever had at an OSU game. Before the game we was walking down Lane Ave, some drunk dude grabbed my wife, then his buddies automatically started kissing my ass when I went after him. Then we get into the stadium and 9 kids squeezed themselved into 4 seats right in front of us. They decided to spend most of the 1st half standing on their seats, so my wife watched most of the game from the big screen. Then we had some drunk twat behind us with a pink light stick swinging it around hitting my wife a few times. Once she noticed it was getting under my wifes skin she began to do it on purpose and laughing about it. I then told her to sit her drunk ass the fuck down. So she moved on to the couple next to us and began kicking them in their backs until she left at the start of the 4th quarter.

I really love night games but at the same time it allows everyone way too much time to "pregame", thus making the actual game atmosphere a nightmare for the sober ones.

Now the game it's self was awesome! It was nice to see the defense step up finally. The best part of the game besides the amazing halftime show by the band was when the entire crowd started chanting Kenny, Kenny, Kenny followed by Kenny G, Kenny G, Kenny G

Oh yeah, Marcus Hall absolutely destroyed some poor PSU lineman. The worst part is everyone in the stadium saw it coming but the lineman lol

Oh yeah, Marcus Hall absolutely destroyed some poor PSU lineman. The worst part is everyone in the stadium saw it coming but the lineman lol

That's like when ray small almost died against Minnesota. Everyone in the stadium saw it coming except small and t smith

Before the game as the team walks from the Blackwell over to Skull Session, we was near Chris Fields mom and aunt. They were talking to some guy complaining about how Fields doesn't get the ball and how Braxton plays favorites and if Guiton was the QB, Chris would be the leading receiver. So what happens last night? He scores a TD and caught at least 4 passes. Just thought it was funny.

That game was crazy to watch, especially since everyone had predicted it would be close, beforehand! We could've probably scored 100 points if we'd kept the starters in beyond 2.5 quarters! Easily the best that the Buckeyes have played all year, now they just need to keep this momentum through the next 3 games and hopefully be eligible for the National Championship, if Oregon, Alabama, or FSU loses. If Penn State barely beat Michigan in 4 overtimes, I can only imagine how badly OSU will beat Michigan in a month or so!

Coaches poll top 4 is the same (FSU did pick up some more points over OSU, now up by 44). Baylor is in to the top 5 now

B10 has 4 in the top 25 (OSU, Michigan, Michigan St and Wisconsin)

Key matchups this week:

OSU vs Purdue

#22 Michigan at Michigan St (I'll take MSU)

#19 Oklahoma St vs #10 Texas Tech

#7 Miami at #3 Florida St (My heart wants Miami, my brain tells me FSU by atleast 14)

I just wonder if he can throw at all. He hasn't even attempted a pass yet. He's definitely athletic for as big as he is. Commentators made a nice point watching him, he looks like Byron Leftwich out there. Now if he has anywhere close to the arm to match... could be interesting. He never gets mentioned as the guy to replace Braxton whenever he leaves though. It's all Barrett.

OSU gives PSU their worst beating since the 19th century and LOSES 7 points in the coaches' poll. I almost wonder if O'Brien was mad and dropped OSU. One of the quickest handshakes I've ever seen and he was leaning away from Meyer as much as he could the whole time...lol.

1. Did you guys see the graphic last night about how Ohio State, under Meyer, has had 7 games in which they have scored 50 or more points, and only achieved that 5 times the entire Tressel era?

2. I like how the commentators often say something about Ohio State's speed. Last night, we looked really fast on offense. I hope our defensive speed gets up there too.

3. It looked like we were blitzing more last night. I really like blitzing. Always have. I know, live by it, die by it, but still, I like it.

Jones is a big dude that's for sure and he is over looked in the conversation of who takes over after Braxton. I know in his highschool tape he has a good arm, I was about to make a comment about him never throwing a pass in college. He made some horrible reads in his limited time last night, one play in particular he got Rod Smith killed.

Different philosophies at work John-O.... Tressels style wasn't about high speed offense... It was old school ground and pound and tough defense... And when you get a good marginal lead, you put in backups. So you wouldn't expect many high scoring games...

Meyer plays the BCS game, run up the scor high as possible to get the best chance at ranking, high power fast offense, etc...

Different philosophies at work John-O.... Tressels style wasn't about high speed offense... It was old school ground and pound and tough defense... And when you get a good marginal lead, you put in backups. So you wouldn't expect many high scoring games...

Meyer plays the BCS game, run up the scor high as possible to get the best chance at ranking, high power fast offense, etc...

When the talent was there Tress let the dogs loose. When the talent wasn't there he played it "close to the vest" in order to gain victories. I would rather have ugly wins than colorful losses. Tress's offenses didn't have to score as much due to the defense's being a whole lot better. Go look at some of the scores during his tenure though, you'll find a 73-0 on his resume plus other "high scoring" games.

BTW Oregon jumped FSU in the BCS standings. Many feel FSU's schedule here out is going to hurt them in regards to the #2 spot even if they win out.