Good deal or pass? Other ideas...

Bam

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=543543356&listingId=128529098

03 gt convertible, loaded, stick, 58k miles, 9k.

Good deal or no? Looking for 4 seater convertible that's fun to drive. Prefer manual/v8/rwd. This seems to check all the boxes and is clean, low miles, just not sure of worth the price so figured I'd see what everyone thought.

Yay? Nay? Or what would you pay?

I paid 9k for my 03 with 57k back in 2008 if thats of any help. It was mostly reliable (other than the transmissions i blew up).

I guess just check for rust.

Good to know. You had a coupe or vert? Carfax shows last owner had it 9 years and only put 35k miles so probably safe to assume it was taken care of.

http://wheeling.craigslist.org/cto/4159268970.html

Less miles but a little more expensive and its a hard top with some nice mods. Oh and PP will be pissed. :gabe:

Negative. Don't want another coupe and it actually has more miles.

http://wheeling.craigslist.org/cto/4159268970.html

Less miles but a little more expensive and its a hard top with some nice mods. Oh and PP will be pissed. :gabe:

sixty six thousand is higher than fifty seven thousand. FYI

Also, that person needs to step away from the apostrophe key.

Every used Mustang convertible I drove (up to '08) had cowl-shake like a muhhhfukka. I ended up picking up a modded '95 BMW 'vert and - aside from the slow-as-balls 4-cylinder - it's been a solid, tossable 4-seater that's already paid for itself through the smiles on my wife and kids.

Cheesy, but my famiry loves the 'vert. Good luck finding something you like; now is definitely the time to grab a 'vert before people put them in storage.

In my BMW, I can set the drivers' seat for my 6' frame, and then sit in the back seat fine. Knees are on the seatback, but it gets the job done and works great for around the town.

IIRC, Mustang rear seats - especially for how much bigger they are - are surprisingly small.

sixty six thousand is higher than fifty seven thousand. FYI

Also, that person needs to step away from the apostrophe key.

Haha, agreed.

Every used Mustang convertible I drove (up to '08) had cowl-shake like a muhhhfukka. I ended up picking up a modded '95 BMW 'vert and - aside from the slow-as-balls 4-cylinder - it's been a solid, tossable 4-seater that's already paid for itself through the smiles on my wife and kids.

Cheesy, but my famiry loves the 'vert. Good luck finding something you like; now is definitely the time to grab a 'vert before people put them in storage.

Cowl shake? Explain please?

The back 2 "seats" aren't very roomy.

I know, fortunately our kid is tiny and was fine in the back of my coupe when I had it. This will be an extra car so not often will the backseat be occupied but I want the option to take it out as a family. Thanks for heads up, wish your cobra was a vert and I had that much to spend!

Cowl shake? Explain please?

Cowl shake is the shaking/vibration you feel in the steering column, typically when going over rough turrain or bumps. It results from the body twisting. It is obviously more prevalent in verts and t-tops since the chassis is generally less rigid. Strut brace etc help reduce this by stiffening the chassis.

The roof of a car is an essential part that makes the chassis rigid. Rigidity in a chassis is highly desirable because it leads to less noise, better handling, better crash performance, among other things. Manufacturers are always trying to make the chassis of the car more rigid with less flex.

When a roof is chopped off in a Targa or convertible, it takes away one of the key components of chassis rigidity. You experience this in convertible/targa top cars if you go over bumps or in hard corners and you can hear little creaks and literally see the windsheild/hood area "bounce". With the top up when going over bumps, you can sometimes hear a squeaking from the weather seals as they rub against each other because the chassis is twisting.

Needless to say, it's a little disconcerting. Thankfully, my BMW is almost totally devoid of cowl shake. BTW, I was too lazy to type so I copied the above three paragraphs from an NSX forum :)

I offered 7500, they countered with 8500, I went 8 and they are sitting firm at 8500 plus ttl. Told them I'd think about it. I personally feel its a tad high but everything for sale I can find supports there price unfortunately, so we shall see.

No f-body verts in that price range?

Somewhat. All higher priced with more mileage. Had a 99 formula before as well and know the power is there but prefer the vert and interior look better of the mustang.

Good idea though.

I'll certainly agree with the post about flex, I've had my 99 vert since I ordered it and it's always been an issue. Definitely doesn't glue to the road like some of the smaller lighter more Euro verts. BUT, some frame supports, from and read braces and you will be MUCH happier with her. Toss in some lowering springs and some better shocks/struts it's a completely different beast. Mine is currently sitting around 120000 miles on her and still an absolute BLAST to drive.