College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest I am not to surprised. Biggest thing that pisses me off though is we didn't play nearly our best tonight. MSU is way better than people "were" giving them credit for. Pass Defense is just the worst, absolute worst. Hope Urban has a strong recruiting class of DB's otherwise we are in trouble these next few years.

I'll be honest I am not to surprised. Biggest thing that pisses me off though is we didn't play nearly our best tonight. MSU is way better than people "were" giving them credit for. Pass Defense is just the worst, absolute worst. Hope Urban has a strong recruiting class of DB's otherwise we are in trouble these next few years.

Vonn Bell should slot right into Barnett or Brown's spot. Christian Bryant might get a medical redshirt. We'll know before the bowl game. Grant is fine at CB. Not great but nowhere near as bad as Brown and Barnett at the safety spots. Then at Roby's CB spot you've got guys like Eli Apple, Cam Burrows (who could take the other safety spot if Bryant doesn't get the redshirt), Gareon Conley and Armani Reeves (:no:) who will fight for that spot.

I'm more worried about the LB spot. Shazier is the best on the team and even he makes a lot of mistakes but he'll likely be gone. Curtis Grant is OK but can't seem to stay healthy. Josh Perry looked as lost at there as the safeties most of the time he was in. Guys like Mike Mitchell and Trey Johnson who will be in their 2nd years in the program or even true freshmen like Kyle Berger, Dante Booker (might be a future DE instead of LB) and Sam Hubbard might get a look there. DL should be nasty moving forward.

We still look slow and sloppy on defense. And wtf is up with the two dumbass penalties on first drive? Shazier just straight leveled his man like he wasnt in a pass route - ummm, okay, how about no? It's the 13th game and guys are making sloppy plays.

I'm with everyone who is screaming about why we didn't run Hyde more. Inexcusable. Seriously we had Mich State on the ropes in the 3rd quarter. And then we went back to the stupid quick outs? Dumb.

And where the fuck was Dontre Wilson? Did he mouth off in practice and get put in the dog house?

We still look slow and sloppy on defense. And wtf is up with the two dumbass penalties on first drive? Shazier just straight leveled his man like he wasnt in a pass route - ummm, okay, how about no? It's the 13th game and guys are making sloppy plays.

I'm with everyone who is screaming about why we didn't run Hyde more. Inexcusable. Seriously we had Mich State on the ropes in the 3rd quarter. And then we went back to the stupid quick outs? Dumb.

And where the fuck was Dontre Wilson? Did he mouth off in practice and get put in the dog house?

Fuck Ohio state. I'm hammered and won't retract that statement. Biggest choke artists in college football, regardless of the coach.

I was just thinking to myself that Ohio state hasn't had a convincing win in a big game as far back as I can remember. Either we lose or we end up squeaking by - and then that amounts to like zero respect. Cooper couldn't do it. Tressel couldn't do it. Urban...? Not yet. It's frustrating.

Vonn Bell should slot right into Barnett or Brown's spot. Christian Bryant might get a medical redshirt. We'll know before the bowl game. Grant is fine at CB. Not great but nowhere near as bad as Brown and Barnett at the safety spots. Then at Roby's CB spot you've got guys like Eli Apple, Cam Burrows (who could take the other safety spot if Bryant doesn't get the redshirt), Gareon Conley and Armani Reeves (:no:) who will fight for that spot.

I'm more worried about the LB spot. Shazier is the best on the team and even he makes a lot of mistakes but he'll likely be gone. Curtis Grant is OK but can't seem to stay healthy. Josh Perry looked as lost at there as the safeties most of the time he was in. Guys like Mike Mitchell and Trey Johnson who will be in their 2nd years in the program or even true freshmen like Kyle Berger, Dante Booker (might be a future DE instead of LB) and Sam Hubbard might get a look there. DL should be nasty moving forward.

Bryant isn't getting a medical redshirt from my understanding. He played more than the allotted time allowed to ask for one. I think next year is the year OSU struggles honestly and will be a test for Urban. This team will struggle if Braxton leaves, the offense will not be good enough to over come the defenses short comings. Even then OSU is going to lose 3 of its 4 starting DB's, their best linebacker and possibly Bennett on the line.

What did OSU in tonight was the lack of passing game, it was non existent outside of 1 pass to Heuerman. Oh well good season and we all know the winning had to come to an end at some point. Someone else mentioned getting Bama in a bowl game and LJ was quick to shut that down, I have read that OSU may actually end up getting Bama in the Sugar Bowl now that Auburn is going to the BCS game.

Bryant isn't getting a medical redshirt from my understanding. He played more than the allotted time allowed to ask for one.

They've asked. Like I said, they will find out before the bowl game. If it's no then he'll try to play in the bowl game. If it's yes then he continues to rehab and get ready for next season. He missed a lot of games I want to say his freshman year due to injury (a foot thing I believe) so they can add it all up, say it was a whole season and give him an extra year.

Urban Meyer need to be brought down to earth with the rest of tOSU fans. Hopefully with this loss he'll stay here a little bit longer and actually build his own team.

lolwut

BTW I heard Urban say they were going to open it up in the 2nd half, when exactly did that happen? I swear it felt like I was watching a Jim Bollman offense once again. QB left, QB, right, QB up the gut, punt...try it again next series. 8 for 21 is not going to win you many ball games, no matter how many rushing yards you put up. Oh wait, he just beat us hahahaha