College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

And on the point of getting blown out in the national title game... if the offense is called properly this team can score on anyone. MSU's defense was no joke but if the offense is called right OSU still puts up 40+. Against this defense FSU or any other decent team on the national level will also put up 40+. So you end up with something like the SEC title game yesterday.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on the point of getting blown out in the national title game... if the offense is called properly this team can score on anyone. MSU's defense was no joke but if the offense is called right OSU still puts up 40+. Against this defense FSU or any other decent team on the national level will also put up 40+. So you end up with something like the SEC title game yesterday.

I agree with that. If we end up playing bama, and we play like we did the past two weeks (scared on offense, late on defensive adjustments) then I could see something like 49-17 Bama.

Last time OSU played Clemson Woody Hayes punched a guy and got fired.

I was in Clemson a couple of years ago, naturally wearing OSU garb. Had more than a few stares, cross-eyed looks, and even 1 comment of "are you seriously wearing that??" lol. They have not forgotten that down there.

Should be an interesting game against Clemson.

Holy fucking cry babies. It sucks, but jesus you guys need to nut up. hyde should have had the ball on the 3rd and 4th down plays for sure though. just another game with the opposing qb having "a record" performance..haha

Ha, yep. Post game interview was...

"I know you wanted the ball in Braxton's hands, but, but, looking back do you regret not getting the ball to Hyde a few more times?"

"Yes."

UC will play UNC in the Belk bowl.... Kinda disappointed we will have to play a 6-6 ACC team (never mind it will amount to more than a home game against UNC)... I was hoping somehow VT would get the bid... Oh well, I guess it's better than no bowl...

Mavety announcing tomorrow morning at 9AM. Will be FSU.

Do you or the insiders feel recruiting is going to take a hit now? Many believed Mavety was all OSU, didn't your boy Nevada even give his = sign for him?

Big 10 bowl matchups:

Orange - OSU / Clemson

Rose - Michigan St / Stanford

Capital One - Wisconsin / South Carolina

Outback - Iowa / LSU

Gator - Nebraska / Georgia

Buffalo Wild Wings - Michigan / Kansas St

Texas - Minnesota / Syracuse

Do you or the insiders feel recruiting is going to take a hit now? Many believed Mavety was all OSU, didn't your boy Nevada even give his = sign for him?

Big 10 bowl matchups:

Orange - OSU / Clemson

Rose - Michigan St / Stanford

Capital One - Wisconsin / South Carolina

Outback - Iowa / LSU

Gator - Nebraska / Georgia

Buffalo Wild Wings - Michigan / Kansas St

Texas - Minnesota / Syracuse

Those look like great matchups. Hope Big10 can bring the heat. The one I am most worried about is Iowa/LSU.

It's just one guy. A guy they needed but it's one guy. He was telling OSU people that he was going to sign with OSU. But Jameis sold him on FSU. "Come to FSU and you get to play in front of all the NFL scouts watching me next year." It's been trending away from OSU for a while.

nevada is far from "my boy" though. It seems he's been almost completely cut off as far as inside info is concerned. Mavety was the only ==== for a long time and it's a miss. More traditional guys like Derek Young and Jeremy Birmingham are the ones with the best info now. Not the rich guy whose parents donated a ton of money to OSU to pay for the tennis facilities.

Back to just a general feeling on recruiting... it's not going to take a hit. People thought recruiting would take a hit after Florida and LSU and what happened? Tressel brought in the most talented classes of his career at OSU. Meyer has shown an uncanny ability to bring in a seemingly better prospect when he loses out on one late in the game so we'll probably see some stud OT that we weren't even thinking of end up at OSU now.

Just busting your balls a little :)

I think OSU is back to plan B and C type guys at this point at the WR and OL position. If players like Raekwon McMillian go elsewhere that hurts too. Linebacker is clearly a position of need and the backup kids have not been impressive, namely Camren Williams who along with Reeves were 2 of Meyers prized recruits in that class.

I think Meyer just loves plucking kids from other schools so he loved getting Williams and Reeves (who is at least useful on ST) from PSU when their shit hit the fan.

McMillan is hard to figure out right now. Announcing a week from tomorrow. Most people think the biggest competition is Bama but some Clemson commits from Georgia feel he's theirs. OSU people have felt good about him for a long time but it's faded.

I really think a new DC would help some of these kids look a lot better than they have. Kinda like a new OC helped the offense all of a sudden start putting up ridiculous numbers. When the OC's balls don't retract into his chest that is.

I think Meyer just loves plucking kids from other schools so he loved getting Williams and Reeves (who is at least useful on ST) from PSU when their shit hit the fan.

McMillan is hard to figure out right now. Announcing a week from tomorrow. Most people think the biggest competition is Bama but some Clemson commits from Georgia feel he's theirs. OSU people have felt good about him for a long time but it's faded.

I really think a new DC would help some of these kids look a lot better than they have. Kinda like a new OC helped the offense all of a sudden start putting up ridiculous numbers. When the OC's balls don't retract into his chest that is.

Many people for whatever reason try to discredit Tress as being a good recruiter towards the end of his tenure. Chek this out

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/12/30557/jim-tressel-was-recruiting-stephen-collier-in-the-seventh-grade

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Iowa is a tough team. Losses to 12-1 NIU, 12-1 OSU, 12-1 MSU and 9-3 (should be 10-2) Wisconsin. LSU will be without their starting QB. And they never really did anything impressive this season that should make someone think it's just over for Iowa.

Recruiting note on Raekwon McMillan. Decides next Monday. In-home visit with Saban (who Raekwon hasn't really hit it off with - he likes Smart at Bama who may go elsewhere after this season) on Thursday. In-home with Urban on Sunday. Day before his announcement.